american apparel

american apparel Employee Reviews

Good Store with Good people
Retail Stock Coordinator (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 19, 2015
Terrible corporate structure. Retail store was a great place to work. Good employees.
fun and professional work place
Sale Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: no metal detectors
welcome customers, replenish the store, ring up sales, accept returns and exchanges
Not a Good Retail Job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Management expects too much from sales associates. Sales Associates do not know what customer service means.
If You Want To Do Your Own Thing
Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2015
This company gave me opportunity to explore myself in retail gave me plenty opportunity in th visual merchandising field because most of the time i did projects i was on my own which wast necessarily a bad thing i actually enjoyed the freedom and possibility but to some degree there should be training
Fun, but serious
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: got to meet new people from different walks of life
Cons: i was living in a bad part of alt. ga
I started in dressing rooms every one does, there was 4 stores I worked in three of them, in 5 months i received 5 raises and every two weeks when we got new shipment in I was asked to come the main store to do window displays with the shoes. The owner was grooming for management when because of personal issues returned to TN
Great staff, Great environment. Issues with management occasionally
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 5, 2015
Overall i really enjoyed working at American Apparel, Its one of my favorite brands to wear. The staff was so much fun to work with and learn from. A typical day is very relaxed, very chill but the occasional rush that all retail stores see. The ceo of the company is very picky and has acute specs about the way should look at closing hours, So a lot of time is spent after hours getting the store look literally perfect which i would say is the hardest part of the job. The environment, brand and customers are the most enjoyable aspect,
Nice place
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: buss passes, lunch tickets
analyst all the numbres(Quality Control Nubers) from all facilities of American Apparel
Best retail workspace.
Inventory Manager - Replenishment (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 25, 2014
Pros: good music, warm lighting.
Cons: reduced hours during the winter.
Fun, energetic, lively, good quality, happy, colorful, Made in the USA; all these words to describe the basic moderately priced leading clothing manufacturer and retailer in the United States. But the word to describe my experience in American Apparel is dedication. I enjoyed the friendly upbeat work environment with my friends while learning the basic ideas of order, organization, and opportunity to experience the numerous aspects involved in retail.
Very Fun Place.
Order filler data entry tech (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: good advancement
Cons: lots of walking and climbing.
Fast Pase / lots of walking and climbing
A lot of overtime.
Beautiful break room.
Productive and fun work environment
Greeted and Assisting Customers (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
loved meeting new people on a daily basics, loved learning about a new item.I enjoyed training the new employees. shoeing them how to fold out away the merchandise how to assist the customers and be patient with them as well. I enjoyed traveling to new stores all over and helping them get that store in order to run as best as possible.
Loved my job
Cutting Room Coordinator (Former Employee), Centre, ALDecember 15, 2014
Pros: loved my job, the hours, and close to home
Cons: not really any advancement
Most days were the same. I moved material from one lay to another or unloaded a truck moving the material to the shelves. I drove the fork lift most of the day unless I was walking around checking on things. I completed inventory at the end of the month and at the end of the year. I worked here until I heard that the plant was closing and then I left because I did not want to be without a job and have a family.
i give this place an over all of 2 stars,because i loved working next to the beach and staying close to the fashion world.
Back House Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: next to the beach
Cons: poor management
Unstable work scedule and poor management, A dramma filled work place!
productive place
Warehouse Lead & Inventory Control (Current Employee), la miradaDecember 10, 2014
Pros: job experience
Cons: bad pay rate
this is a good job i work as a lead for 6 years for this company but only got $ 1.00 more after all this time no a good pay rate
Hard working staff
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Greater New York AreaDecember 7, 2014
Overall great retail experience. My responsibilties were analyzing sale reports on weekly basis to optimize product placement and carrying styles that would appeal to specific store location clientele.
Store manager made it a fun environment to work in
In the absence of manager (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTNovember 24, 2014
Pros: working with clothes and a great staff
Cons: no traffic no sales
Typical day working at the store started off pretty slow due to the location of the store. Goals weren't always met because of the lack of traffic flow but we tried our hardest to push sales whenever possible. My co-workers and I were such a great team always willing to help each other out with different tasks around the store and doing late night store inventory. I learned a lot of responsibility roles being in charge when the store manager was not around. Hardest part of the job was closing the store with sales way down because it was just simply a slow day.
Counting Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2014
An productive company with various tasks and jobs. Great for starters going into the workforce.
A&F Brand
General Manager (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJNovember 13, 2014
Ruehl is currently closed. There was no where to advance. Coworkers were great.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2014
I had an amazing time working here. Not only did it teach me different responsibilities, it taught me how to work well with others. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others mainly because I genuinely love to do it. Also, the staff that I worked with were very friendly and welcoming and I enjoyed working with each and everyone of them.
Great discount on clothing
Store Manager (Former Employee), Los Feliz, Little Tokyo and Downtown LAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: growth opportunities
Cons: salary
Depending on store location it can be a fast or slow pace environment.
It is a competitive work place for the sales floor teams. They are given individual daily goals to meet. And as a store overall a Monthly Goal. The company is very goal oriented.
Pay is decent and may vary by location and personal preferences.
Most store teams are fun, positive and friendly. It is a job that easily becomes a life style.
Got to listen to music while working.
Inspector/Screener (Former Employee), Opp, ALOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free meals on holidays
Cons: nothing ever changed so people would get burnt out on their jobs.
The hardest part of the job was interacting with certain people. The job itself was pretty simple just fast paced.

About american apparel

American Apparel wants you to be hip and comfortable inside and out. It designs and makes logo-free T-shirts, tank tops, yoga – Read more

american apparel Salaries

Inventory Coordinator
$12.00 per hour

american apparel Photos

Lobby
Receiving table for clothes/ alarm / steaming station.
Stock room at American Apparel