American Audio Visual Center Employee Reviews

Cool working at a hotel
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 6, 2017
The company was located in Arizona, I was working for them @ The Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica, CA. it was quite nice and the crew was efficient .
Pros
It paid Great!
Cons
We had to be there pre-dawn most days.
Great company culture - Permanently closed
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaJune 2, 2015
Prior to company sale; was a great place to work. Great management, and support staff. Compensation and benefits certainly could have used improvement.
Upbeat place to work, positive energy, solid co-workers
Administrative Assistant, Sr. Vice President/COO (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 19, 2015
• Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material
• Prepare routine and advanced correspondence including letter, memoranda, and reports
• Process expense reports and invoices
• Assist with other office functions as needed
• Communicate and coordinate with hotel and American AVC accounting departments
• Create and initiate policies to discourage potential future disputes, promote goodwill
• Act as contact between COO and hotel executives, vendors, clients and American AVC employees
• Continually maintain professional and polished image under all circumstances
• Identify and develop relationships with vendors and suppliers
• Prepare written correspondence for CEO, COO and CSO
• Book travel and maintain CEO, COO and CSO travel calendar
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Develop rapport with cross-functional leadership to ensure Company and shows are operating efficiently
as a team
aavc is an awesome place to work.
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 27, 2015
American avc is a very good place to work. The work is very busy and the benefits are good. Management and culture are great. A good place for advancement within and pay is some what fair. The hardest part of this was not being able to take a vacation during a payroll week.
pay sucks and benefits were taking a chunk out my check....so I voluntered basically
Hotel Audio Visual Technician/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 20, 2015
New ballroom and New management but place still needs work, place really needs to reinvent itself, a lot of unnecessary micromanagement and plenty of redundancy. I took the pay cut just so I could be with my newborn son and closer to home, Perks? interesting clientele, and I guess food and you get to see planes landing and taking off, place is clean though and the guys are kool!
Pros
free lunches (no where else to eat anyways your by the airport)
Cons
expensive benefits plan, new micromanagement, and annoying clients
Fun Place to work
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2014
Interesting place to work, and learned a lot in the field of hospitality. This is designed around the support of the resorts, in the AV dept.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
Wage
Will discuss in person
Vice President, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 8, 2014
Great interim job. provided chance to see hospitality business from the vendor's side.
Scottsdale
Employee (Current Employee) –  North ScottsdaleJuly 30, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Cons
Pay, Management, Communication, Location, and Industry slow during summers
Fast paced department with focused professional staff
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 25, 2014
The audio visual department was fast paced with constant priority changes throughout the day. Each day brought a new challenge and opportunity to learn. I did the billing and invoicing so there was a lot of contact with customers and the accounting department. With the many different groups and their differing needs we were always looking for new and innovative ways to deliver excellent customer service.
No Support When needed
Director Of Audio Visual Services (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 23, 2014
Older equipment, Lack of training , and no free lunches
No consideration for extreme operating conditions
No help with health insurance
Aavc
Sales & Production Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2014
Genuinely, I can say this is a great place to work. Flexibility, and room to grow are my most important factors at a job and this offers that and more.

If I was not interested in relocating from NY to Miami, I would not be leaving AAVC.
Pros
Free Lunch, Flexibility
Cons
Not enough vacation time
Family origination - Company started from the ground up
Electronic Technician - Repair Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2013
Because I loved my job, this was a great place to work. I liked the people that I worked with from day to day.

A day at work: It was always a team effort. But it was the people that you worked with that you always tried to please. It was a job that created the forward push to please the people you truely cared about. It was their job to keep the grease in the cogs that drove the Audio/Visual machine to keep our clients beyond happy - "Extreme customer service" the company slogan. This was one they lived by everyday.

I truely cared about the people I worked with day-in and day-out.

I was tasked with all repair tasks, nationwide! It was hard trying to balance the overall task to keep all the gear organized and flowing in the proper schedule. I had an extreme amount of work that had to be prioritized every day. But, in this push, things worked out most of the time.

The people I work with was the best part!
Pros
team effort
Cons
don't do too good at your work, so good that you can not move beyond you current task, unless this is exactly where you want to remain
Hotel AV business can be up and down depending on how the hotel books groups.
Sales and Program Manager/Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee WisconsinSeptember 28, 2012
Company is new to Midwest region. Still learning how the region works,
Stability is the key
Audio engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2012
Very secured job for an AV tech. Have the opportunity to work on big events and learn more about the business.