American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.

American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. Employer Reviews

I enjoy working for an outstanding company with many opportunities.
Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 8, 2015
AAM is a well known company that allows you to develop your skills and grow within the company or department. Managers help with your career growth.
Good Benefits lousy pay
Operator (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 4, 2015
The benefits at American Axle is pretty good but the pay is bad. They expect you to not have a life outside of work by making you work six days a week, seven days if the plant is on critical (which doesn't happen often). Management is what you would expect in a Manufacturing company but the union has made it difficult to get fired.
The most unproductive place too work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MIDecember 8, 2014
Pros: health benefits at most.
Cons: drama drama drama and dis-respectful workforce!
If you love a place filled with drama, dis-respectful co-workers and whiny people this is the place for you!
Forklift Operation (Temporary)
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MINovember 10, 2014
I began to work one of my old trades. The job was temporary, so I had to leave when the time came.
I love the working people here!, Management (not so much.)
Hub Machining/ Inspection/ Material Handeling (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MINovember 9, 2014
Pros: they have a cafee with really good coffee & dougnuts. good benefits too.
Cons: they make you work saturday, (which cuts into your windsurfing time.)
A typical day for me at American Axel & Manufacturing is: I come into work on 2nd Shift, (it's Autumn), the wind is good on the lake for Wind-Surfing, so I take a ride on my Wind-Board, Before work... (Just to mellow me out for the night). Then around 2:00 in the afternoon I show up for work, (I work in Hub Machining)... after a night of precision inspection of single & dual wheel truck hubs, I'm ready for a night on the town! So, I head back to the Zoo (Kalamazoo) & see if there's anything going on at Way-Side West or Coral Gables.
I really like the ordinary working-class people here! We get along great! But, some of the managers are kind-of "hierarchical-command structure" jerks (if you can allow yourself to imagine what I'm saying,)
All-in all, this isn't a bad "Factory-Job"... I just wish we could make some REAL MONEY, like they did 10 or 15 years ago here... when the wages started at $14.00 Dollars an Hour....those were the days... yeah!
Proficient in MS Office
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MIOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Personable Customer Service Associate dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service. Outgoing, and efficient with the capacity to multi-task.
Management is not the best
SMT (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MIOctober 13, 2014
So far working here its been all right. first shift has good management but 2nd shift is poor. they always on your butts, n watching you while you take your breaks
Great, supportive Sr. Manager
Senior Resident / Project Engineer (Former Employee), Detroit, MI areaOctober 8, 2014
• Managed cross-functional engineering activities on launching, current and future programs involving prototype builds, validation, durability testing, reliability, change requests, manufacturing, assembly plant and serviceability.
Great Company
Benefit Co-op (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 29, 2014
I'm currently a Co-op in the Benefits department and I love working at the company. I'm learning so much and my co-workers are great.
clean
Operator (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MIAugust 16, 2014
Health care included, reliable and clean environment. loud large equipment, a supervisor for each department
Steady work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Three rivers MIAugust 5, 2014
Comfortable work environment with helping hands if need.Very organized work intructions.
Difficult bosses
PLANNER / SCHEDULER (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MIAugust 4, 2014
Managers like to micro-manage and hover. If you told them you can not work on weekends, it seemed I would always end up working them.
AAM sucks
Assembly (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MichiganJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free medical but with a large deductable
Cons: 56-58 hours a week mandatory
Management is a joke. They are young, inexperienced, unrealistic on 2nd and 3rd shift. Some departments have a mandatory 7 day work week. They often do not have parts to assemble. Often times the parts they do have are bad and are used anyway. The 10 hour orientation I was given was NOTHING like the actual place I worked. The hourly people are awesome. The pay is too low for some of the jobs that you are required to do. They have a prison mentality on how they treat their hourly employees. I did 7 weeks and I quit.
It is a work family who cares
Production/Assembly (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MIJuly 9, 2014
great pay many chances to advance training is good the people are amazing its a fun day at work and you can still have a life
productive place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 17, 2014
awesome workplace.....you will love this place. I made great friends and had a great boss.
day at work
Lab Technician / Dynonometer Technician (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJune 1, 2014
Pros: interesting work
Cons: shiftwork, high absenteeism
Learned extensive proprietary testing instruments, some 40-50 years old and some brand new. Management seemed standoffish.the co -workers on days were knowledgeable and friendly. Off shift work co workers were much less willing to help and train. Learning many different control systems built over the last few decades challenging parts of the job was the most hardest challenge, yet a paradox existed there as I enjoying as I work. Also
enjoyed testing actual production parts from many different manufacturers.
Very energetic work place, I loved working with children.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIMay 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch, working with students.
Cons: not alot of break time, last minute schedule changes at times.
This job was actually one of my first teacher's assistant experiences. I loved working with the children and helping them with their daily activities. It was really a good learning experience for me, as well as the students.
Great work area/Employees...Management? not so much
Forklift driver (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MIMay 14, 2014
The Environment at American Axle is great to work with especially with other employees, and the balance between work and personal life is perfect. The biggest and only problem that i had is that management isnt very good at managing. I had 1 supervisor but there were other supervisors on the floor directing me to do this and that while other supervisors would tell me to do other things at the same time. There were plenty of times where my own supervisor was harassing me about getting stuff down when another supervisor would tell me that the job he tasked me to do was the most important right now. The job is a union job and I had to call a union member over multiple times, until finally i quite because nothing was being done. All my experiences there come from forklifting, which is a different world entirely from the other positions.
Productive workplace with great team work
Quality Operator Level 5 (Former Employee), Hamtramck, MIApril 15, 2014
It was an honesty's days work with a great group of people that were team players
Slower paced production.
ASSEMBLER (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MIMarch 25, 2014
American Axle is a good place to work for the first-time factory employee. The hours are reasonably good, with the exception of having to work two Saturdays in a row. The co-workers can be good people to work with, but don't expect to make good friends with the people. Many of them are not trustworthy and love to talk about you behind your back.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.

American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles, – Read more

American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. Photos