American Bank- Columbus, Ohio - Named one of Central Ohio's Best Places to Work in 2012 (Columbus, Ohio Area)
American Bank's National Lending Center is expanding rapidly and we are currently looking for an Account Manager to come in and help bolster the inside sales group of our Financial Sales Division.
The Inside Sales Department of American Bank is a fun, team oriented work environment that offers opportunity for advancement through our fast-track training program. Our lending office is looking for an Account Manager with the drive to learn the financial sales industry and develop their career with American Bank.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing accounts by maintaining relationships with new and existing clients to increase overall sales profit for the bank. In addition to meeting and exceeding production expectation, the Account Manager is responsible for gaining knowledge of the consumer lending industry by attending and participating in all mandatory meetings/training to develop and progress their career with American Bank.
Agressive Career Path
American Bank puts more value on leadership & performance than it does on tenure when determining career path. In other words, if you start as an Account Manager and are the best, there will be several options for you to be promoted into a management level position. Top Account Managers in the past have risen up the ranks and into a management role in less than a year in some cases.
Responsibility of an Account Manager:
- Initiates and builds a strong relationship with new/existing clients direct sales strategies.
- Organizes, updates and dispositions each account accurately to ensure bank compliant files.
- Determines the customer's need and offers a product that addresses these needs
- Manages the growth of new business by transitioning them to become loyal customers.
- Collaborates with bankers and all management teams to deliver a financial product that best suits the client's financial profile.
- Attend mandatory meetings initiated by the management team/support staff.
- Meets deadlines of any marketing project assigned by the Regional/Divisional Managers.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems and developing solutions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending mandatory training/meetings.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Salary + Bonus (avg. 1st year range $42K-$63K) (avg. 2nd year $75K-120K).
- PTO, Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401K w/ company match
- Other perks include (production contests, free gym membership, dry cleaning, and cell phone).
- Corporate atmosphere is business casual, fun, and very team-oriented.
- Fanatical commitment to developing employees at all levels and advancing their career.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of success in leadership positions
- Sales experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, but will accept candidates with equivelant sales experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from clients, upper-level managers, and other employees.
- Very high reasoning skills; ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions.
For over 27 years, American Bank has been successfully serving the financial needs of small to mid-size businesses throughout the country.
As a regional bank and national lender it partners with businesses to help increase efficiencies and decrease costs. American Bank is also a Top 100 national lender in overal orginations, and is competitive in both the refinance and purchase markets.
Unlike most banks, American Bank is willing to address the unique needs of consumers through personal relationships that are results oriented. American Bank has the tools, services, and expertise to leverage technology to expand which allows it to deliver superior service and products to its clients.
American Bank has a commitment to its employees and will not sacrifice culture even if that means a hit to the bottom line. We weren't one of the best places to work because of luck.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?