AMERICAN BANK OF TEXAS

AMERICAN BANK OF TEXAS Employer Reviews

Not a terrible place to work, but not great either
Teller - Full Time (Current Employee), Marble Falls, TXJune 5, 2014
Hardest part of the job- it can be very stressful, and no one cares that you're stressed. Routinely, you have to turn away and dent people who need help and that can be difficult for anyone who has a heart, Very often, it seems like management doesn't care to help with any questions you have, isn't around to help, is annoyed that you're asking for help, – more... or doesn't know how to help.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the nicer customers. Seeing and conversing with the same smiling people on an almost daily basis, and you become as much a part of their daily routine as they do of yours, hopefully in a good way. Some days I would be feeling down and then see or talk to some of our regulars and feel an instant moral boost. – less
Very pleasant
Teller / Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Pottsboro, TXMarch 11, 2014
Good career if you stick to it. There's a lot of down time, but some people would view that as a good thing.
Great job and opportunity.
Consumer Loan Processor (Former Employee), Marble Falls, TXJanuary 19, 2014
I left job for birth of second child. Processed consumer loans on auto, recreational vehicles, boats, etc.
Great for College kids
Teller (Former Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 13, 2013
Loved it here. It was a very down to earth job letting me use my time management to finsh school work. people there were all about team work
Productive environment with many opportunities to advance
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Temple, TXAugust 12, 2013
I loved working with my co-workers, and we all had so much in common. I enjoyed working as a bank teller at this location, and going to many training classes. I learned how to process any bank transactions and how to communicate with customers.
Helping customers and great work environment
Teller (Former Employee), Temple, TXJanuary 29, 2013
I learned everything you need to know as a Teller. I loved the Teller position and I am quick moving and enjoy doing everything a teller is responisble for.
hard working and very customer friendly
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Lakeway, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: insurance, hsa account
Cons: poor management
I assisted customers with their transactions. I learned that i would really prefer something other then banking. The management was not the best but the co workers were very cooperative and extremely helpful and considerate. The hardest part of the job was the new accounts side but i loved learning something new and interesting to better my work ethic.
A good place to work, enjoyed the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Marble Falls, TXDecember 30, 2012
Pros: always had needed equipment and office supplies, nice building to work in.
Cons: not enough training primarily
My day consisted of answering phones and assisting customers with banking information. Most wanted balances but others needed past statements printed or particular checks located. The best part of the job had to be my co-workers. Everyone was eager to assist fellow co-workers with whatever they needed.
ACH/Wire specialist (Former Employee), Sherman, TexasDecember 17, 2012
Great place to work. Family owned very professional and friendly co-workers. Proud to been a part of the ABT family.