AMERICAN BANK OF TEXAS Employee Reviews in United States

Vice President - Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 2, 2016
American Bank of Texas is a fine place to work. The management is generally good to its employees and the company has a good reputation in the community.
I learned a great deal about business and management in my nearly 20 years there managing information technology.
Pros
Good people, good company reputation, fair compensation
Slow at times but great community
Teller (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXJuly 10, 2015
Overall a great company, not much room to grow unless someone leaves or gets fired etc, management and training was great.
Pros
Flexable hours, Great customers
Cons
Not many full time positions
Great Place To Work!
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJune 29, 2015
Very pleasant and great working atmosphere. Loved working here although it was a temporary position, I honestly would choose to work here again if they needed temps again
Pros
The hours
Wonderful Environment for a Part-time Worker
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXMarch 12, 2015
Typical office work, I learned the basic ins and outs of what happens in offices. The management was great and always willing to help teach me what I needed to learn in my environment to succeed. The hardest part was being confined to a cubicle for my first job. I personally do well interacting more with people.
Just the best work environment I've ever been in. Such a family!
Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 6, 2015
The employees were absolutely the best! So friendly, and helpful! All around great place to work. I learned so much working there.
Pros
Great breakroom, great working environment
Not a terrible place to work, but not great either
Teller - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJune 5, 2014
Hardest part of the job- it can be very stressful, and no one cares that you're stressed. Routinely, you have to turn away and dent people who need help and that can be difficult for anyone who has a heart, Very often, it seems like management doesn't care to help with any questions you have, isn't around to help, is annoyed that you're asking for help, or doesn't know how to help.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the nicer customers. Seeing and conversing with the same smiling people on an almost daily basis, and you become as much a part of their daily routine as they do of yours, hopefully in a good way. Some days I would be feeling down and then see or talk to some of our regulars and feel an instant moral boost.
Great hours.
Teller II/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy working for American Bank of Texas. The best/most enjoyable part of working for American Bank of Texas is the hours. The hours of operations for branches in the Austin area is Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. I have the opportunity to meet with different people and have maintain close relationship with some. The hardest part of my career at American Bank of Texas is due to my current manager. I find myself having to step into her role in handling irate clients when my manager ignores the issue on hand to let the teller "figure it out" on their own. Her/his lack of knowledge tends to be frustrating when she/he provide incorrect information about policies and procedures. These issues tend to make my day to day work environment harder because I would need to "work around her/him" to provide the tellers and myself with the correct information/tools to preform our duties.
Pros
hours of operations, paid medical benefits for employees
Cons
management
A good place to work, enjoyed the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXDecember 30, 2012
My day consisted of answering phones and assisting customers with banking information. Most wanted balances but others needed past statements printed or particular checks located. The best part of the job had to be my co-workers. Everyone was eager to assist fellow co-workers with whatever they needed.
Pros
always had needed equipment and office supplies, nice building to work in.
Cons
not enough training primarily
hard working and very customer friendly
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXJanuary 9, 2013
I assisted customers with their transactions. I learned that i would really prefer something other then banking. The management was not the best but the co workers were very cooperative and extremely helpful and considerate. The hardest part of the job was the new accounts side but i loved learning something new and interesting to better my work ethic.
Pros
insurance, hsa account
Cons
poor management
Productive environment with many opportunities to advance
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 12, 2013
I loved working with my co-workers, and we all had so much in common. I enjoyed working as a bank teller at this location, and going to many training classes. I learned how to process any bank transactions and how to communicate with customers.
Helping customers and great work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 29, 2013
I learned everything you need to know as a Teller. I loved the Teller position and I am quick moving and enjoy doing everything a teller is responisble for.
Good job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 9, 2014
answer phones on busy PBX for all 16 branches, greet and assist visitors, help manager with clerical duties.
Pros
good manager, friendly co-workers
Cons
lack of job security
Great for College kids
Teller (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 13, 2013
Loved it here. It was a very down to earth job letting me use my time management to finsh school work. people there were all about team work
Teller
Teller; Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 12, 2014
Getting to meet people. Assisting customers with their accounts.
Pros
metting people.
Cons
none.
Great job and opportunity.
Consumer Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJanuary 19, 2014
I left job for birth of second child. Processed consumer loans on auto, recreational vehicles, boats, etc.
ACH/Wire specialist (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TexasDecember 17, 2012
Great place to work. Family owned very professional and friendly co-workers. Proud to been a part of the ABT family.
Very pleasant
Teller / Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Pottsboro, TXMarch 11, 2014
Good career if you stick to it. There's a lot of down time, but some people would view that as a good thing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN BANK OF TEXAS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2