American Bank Employee Reviews

Holidays off
Teller (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Paid Holidays,Vacation, Sick time, PTO. Some branches play favorites if you know the important players in the up and up. Alot of room for advancement.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Short staffed
Under Worked
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 13, 2016
The typical work day was usually just helping customers find their seats and other areas of the building. I learned how to multitask. I didn't think our management was that great, we didn't have a set schedule and either worked past our time or left as much as 3 hours early. My co-workers were fine, some took obvious advantage of our boss and some just did their job as best they could so they could leave. The hardest part of my job was having to constantly tell people to put their signs away or to take their things back to the car or to throw it away, many customers would get agitated. The most enjoyable part would be having delightful conversations with the customers I helped. Although I'd get my fare share of rude customers, I just loved being able to talk to all with a smile.
Cons
Minimum breaks, Under worked.
Fun place to work unreliable management
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2016
Summary says it all. It was a fun place to come to work. However, the training and skills imparted from management generally referred to jumping on the phone and having stronger male genitalia. Then one day my management staff just up and left. I left after that.
Great Job
P/T Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2016
Loved working at bank. Great to meet people. love helping people with their finances. Bank Teller is a great job for anyone who is new in workforce and has desire to help others.
Pros
Great Place
Cons
good place to learn the ropes and move on
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2015
I started here as a teller and moved around to other job positions. I learned alot about banking, but there was not alot of room for advancement. Once you leave, you are not re-hirable, as with most banking jobs.
Pros
Paid holidays & vacations
Loan officer
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 3, 2015
Fun place to work with and exciting culture, would be best for very new or very experienced LO's. Great warm leads generation
Quit But yet Productive place.
Cash Teller (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 2, 2015
Quit but yet Productive place but there i improve my customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy indealing with both customers and employees. Mathematical skills. Strong communication & organizational skills. Detail oriented, higher degree of accuracy. a little Competence with computers, telephone, 10-key calculator and other office machinery.
But there many thingis i did in a day.Process credit card cash advances. Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing cash. Answer customer inquiries and refer customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot beresolved at the teller line.Providing additional products including Cashier’s Checks, Personal Money Orders.Assist customers in accessing safety deposit boxes. May be responsible for bank opening and/or closing. Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained. Promotes the bank’s products and services. Represent the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers,potential customers and co-workers.Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.Other duties as assigned.
Pros
Great learning exp in Banking
Cons
The Work Environment became difficult to deal with.
Loved It
Data Entry, Filing (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 25, 2015
It was such a great atmosphere and I loved working here because everyone was so nice and I really enjoyed the work that I was being put to do.
Customer Oriented
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Port AransasJuly 5, 2015
I arrive everyday 15 minutes early so that I can help do any work that needs to be done before the lobby opens. My favorite days are the days that are very busy. I enjoy making our customers happy by helping them out.
I enjoyed working here at first, but then the work environment changed to a negative feel.
Commercial Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 4, 2015
I enjoyed most of my co-workers, but professionalism was lacking in the management. I loved the customers and handling their transactions. The most enjoyable part was handling money and then balancing to the penny.
pleasant work place
Loan Documentation Auditor/Collector (Former Employee) –  pryor, okJanuary 22, 2015
This bank is no longer in business. It was bought by another bank.
Not a good place to work
Banker (Former Employee) –  worthington ohioJanuary 14, 2015
They prey on the recent college graduate. Not a good company to work for.
Enjoyable and rewarding career
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 6, 2014
Typical day involves multiple discussions with prospective borrowers which involve figuring out the most beneficial mortgage for their specific financial situation. It is a very rewarding yet rigorous position.
Fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2014
American Bank has a great culture that is filled with young individuals.
Productive and fun work place
Mortgage Loan Processor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDJuly 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and manger at this company. I learned how to collect monies, prepare title work, prepare UCC's.
Very fast and stressful (at times) work enviroment
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Port Aransas, TXOctober 12, 2013
A typical day at American Bank is very fast pace a busy. As a teller you never really get a chance to sit down. However, as a personal banker you never get a chance to get away from your desk. I have learned great costumer service skills as well as time management. You have to treat your customers according to their specific needs. While doing that there could be 5 other people waiting to talk with you so you have to make sure that you can talk to everyone and get there needs satisfied while making sure your side work get done. All my co-workers always do their part in their day to day work load making us a team. Which in fact lets us get all our work done in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with unhappy customers. Finding a way to make them happy can always be a challenge especially if they are unhappy because of a policy that is set in place. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know that i have helped somebody out and made something in life whether it be banking related or not easier for them.
Pros
education pay back, partially paid benefits, computer program
Cons
No breaks, No incentives, no bonuses.
Competitive sales driven environment.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 21, 2013
New business, new business, new business. Sales, sales, sales.
You will field incoming leads from borrowers from across the spectrum of credit profiles. You will do this on a national level all day long.

I learned about residential lending. I gained knowledge of communications, marketing, title insurance, pricing, credit qualifications, loan programs, borrower profiles, marketing, secondary markets, and debt consolidation.

Management is a passionate bunch of people who are extremely results driven. It's a young company.

The co-workers are energetic people who are exceptionally smart and talented. Socialization outside of work is not uncommon.

The hardest part of this job is the uncertainty. Loans are not guaranteed. You are acutely subject to the greater financial markets of which you have no control.

The uniqueness of clients financial profiles necessitates a constantly creative, team based, and detail orientated approach. No loan is the same. I learned constantly. Putting someone in a better financial position is a life changer for them and rewarding emotionally.
Pros
The smart energetic colleagues and team work. Constant learning and meeting new people.
Cons
The disorder, and the learning curve. Entirely commission based, and not being able to help people who need your help.
Great place to work for, very relaxed atmosphere
Sr. Underwriter, Office Mgr, Corp Sec (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 6, 2013
Excellent Owner/President; kind and caring. Hardest part was I was the only underwriter so I was on 24 hour call from Owner and Loan Officer's, including on vacation. Still great place to work. I assisted in closing, shipping, training or new closer's and loan processor's, required to clear any investor stips. With all of the above loved working for Benefit Funding. Owner closed due to serious illness of youngest daughter.
Enjoyable workplace
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 11, 2013
We would open the location and answer phones and wait on customers. I enjoyed laughing with my co-workers and helping the customers with their needs. Management was helpful with anything that you didn't understand.
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJOctober 15, 2012
Company close office. my experience was short, no opportunity to develop my self in the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Bank. Our community is ready to answer.