American Block Employee Reviews

very great company,organized,easy to work with
Sandblaster/Painter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
always was greeted with a smile on arrival before shift,co workers were very easy to get along with managers always gave proper instructions upon work
Pros
always was given a chance to get experience in different departments
Cons
N/A
Great place to learn if willing to go through company's growing pains
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2015
Fun workplace with a small environment conducive to learning. Working there is enjoyable as it has a very young core (avg. age in the 20s). However since it is not a very big company yet the management still has a lot of improvement to do. It is the type of company to still be growing and laying out ground rules and policies. It's a great place to learn about oilfield equipment, since they give you so much responsibility from the get-go.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Engineering is expected to work long hours
Engineering Department
MECHANICAL/APPLICATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2015
Great place to work amongst bright engineers who never hesitate to lend a helping hand or thoroughly educate you further in selected areas. The boss is supportive, promotes continuous learning and has a good sense of humor. I've learnt that communication is key and is necessary to achieve/execute a common goal efficiently and well. The work week can range from back to back vendor and customer meetings, to sitting at a desk knocking out calculations and creating fabrication drawings for part assemblies for a product.
Pros
Fast paced, Lots of responsibilities, Good team dynamic
Cons
No corporate ladder
Flexible work hours and environment opportunities
Fitter/ welder/ assembly/ hydro testing (Former Employee) –  Houstron, txNovember 4, 2015
Opportunities to learn and advance in other diverse skill sets. I went from welding to fabrication and ultimately to assembly and hydro testing.
Productive growing Organization with shop improvments (safe)
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston TX Breen RoadJanuary 22, 2014
Typically Busy most days. and other days are very busy. The day may go by faster than expected if focused on job responsibilities. Hardest part will be maintaining the communication and ability to multitask at the busiest times of days, jobs that can be fairly unfamiliar to handle in a timely manner are hard to handle. I enjoyed brisket at lunch with coworkers and the newer shop space.
Pros
Opportunity to gain Experience
Cons
Working under pressure (job security)
Productive and busy work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2012
A typical day would normally be busy and chaotic but not all the time. But while working there I learned more skills on the computer and utilized my skills from previous experience and the managrs were all different in thier own way. The only hard part of the job was the learning of the product parts but I always enjoyed the breakfast, and lunches managers bought and i loved the environment.
Worst place in houston to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasAugust 19, 2013
The walk threw the shop should be key on things to come. The shop is filthy from front to back with a smell from the overflowing deptic tanks. The machines are from the 40's and 50's.
The family that runs it is in need of some long term theropy.
RUN dont walk away from this dirty nasty place, you'll thank me you did.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Unprofessional
Inside Sales/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  odessa texasJune 12, 2015
There was always negative remarks about corporate. typical day management would take naps if coming in at all. Employees moral very negative, come in late and take long lunch leave early.
Big Company, Great People.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2012
This was a warehouse position where I learned how to maintain all types of fork lifts. I did work on shipping and recieving, inventory, stocking, order pulling, assembly, and disassemly. My manager was teaching me managerial duties and paperwork organization.
my review
Leadman/Painter, Oil Field Equipment (Former Employee) –  housotn txApril 29, 2015
no comment at this time the company was in need of help with management . and production along with Quality no training was given along with no safety training
Poor company
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Very unprofessional atmosphere. Profanity filled verbal abuse almost daily. Under paid. No future what so ever. I wish I never worked there.
Na
CONTRACT PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
I was contracted so I do not have much experience with this company other than a few people. But apart from that everything was nice.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
The people made the job!
Machine Operator/Helper (Former Employee) –  Courthouse Rd. Princeton w.vJanuary 9, 2013
Learned how to run fork trucks to move product and to do quality checks through the day.
Pros
everyone worked as a team.
Cons
excessive overtime
It was challengin place to work
DELIVERY / SHIPPING AND RECEIVING / ASSEMBLY (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
I learned how to load and unload heavy oil equipment. I also learned to assemble oil field equipment.
OK , but needs to improve on Lean manufacturing.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  6311 Breen rd Houston tx.June 30, 2014
Limited communication, poor training, conflict on work flow.
Pros
growing
Cons
limited working conditions
Buyer / Outside Process (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
Productive. Good company to work for. Learned how to read manufacturing drawings.
Company was good
Sub-Arc Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2014
Everyday was ok. I was focus on my work all the time. My co-workers were nice. My job was simple.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Block. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8