American Blue Ribbon Holdings Employee Reviews

nothing to say
Senior Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2017
nothing to say about the company I wish everyone well and hope the company grow back to where it was as Ocharleys. The people are amazing and have a love for what they do
Summary
No Title (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
I have learned that management, workplace culture are crucial in your success and growth. Very quiet environment with little interaction with others.
Passionate team members
External Reporting Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 18, 2017
Diverse group of restaurant concepts consisting of team members with a passion to serve and encourage unique dining options for stakeholders.
amazing job
Key Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 25, 2016
Loved everything about it. really miss it. only job where I actually missed it when I had a day off. amazing pies also. The atmosphere was great as was the corperate office. they always answered any questions and where always there. it is nice to have a job you look forward to. The hours where great and everyone worked together as a team they have great vv,s.
Pros
Management employees
Cons
had to leave
ok
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 27, 2016
they were willing to work with me and help me grow. I learned a lot from this company. they did not have any benefits however so there is no long term employment.
fun work place
DIRECTOR, Quality Assurance and Food Safety (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNSeptember 20, 2016
you start learning from day one once you hit the floor. veryone is very helpful and kind. My boss took the time to teach and coach each of his direct reports
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
No clear direction
I loved the customer contact and working to meet sales goals.
Assistant Manager - Polk & Story County (Former Employee) –  Polk County, IA and Story County, IAAugust 28, 2016
Everyday was a new challenge. Covering people who do not show to work and going from there. Jumping in where I am needed to cover. I was moved seven times in two years so always a new challenge to figure out the employees and how each store is ran. It was never boreing or dull and always full of activity,
Pros
Free lunch and pie. Always meeting new and interesting people.
Cons
The hours.
Great Place to work
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2016
This company is great to work for. They care about their employees. Everyone is so friendly the atmosphere is great I have learned so much in regards to hr
Pros
people
Cons
location
No life/ work balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2016
I'm sure higher up,the VVC's are adhered to more closely. But as you go down the ranks they get less important to adhere to. The respect and integrity becomeore compromised.
Pros
Free food, a paycheck, daily good insurance
Cons
Long hours, changing shifts, no time for personal life
Abrh
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2015
Was a great company until the corporate office moved to Nashville. Now it has no loyalty to employees, only to giving huge bonuses constantly to higher ups.
Restaurant & Bar
Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 28, 2015
Food is good, people are good.
O'Charley's is NOT a good restaurant to work for. Management is horrible to the staff, and treat them way below a level of acceptance, as far as professionally. Wages are too low, and the expectations of employees is beyond their compensation.
Great Place to Work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, INMay 15, 2015
This is a great place to work. I would not trade the time at ABRH for anything as they have given me multiple opportunities to grow within the company.
Great company principals, company could use new blood in the upper ranks.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAApril 10, 2015
While I enjoyed working for Village Inn as a whole, I found that the structure of the advancement structure is antiquated.
Pros
Great value structure, good training programs.
Cons
No work, life balance.
Poor management
Previous Supply Chain employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2015
They (at least in the supply chain dept) will micro manage until you cry. Also, the department is headed up by some real slave drivers. This is mostly because the company is disorganized and cannot collaborate enough to get anything done correctly.

They offer a good salary, but after your done putting the hours in you might as well work at McDonald's. The hourly pay would be the same. Toxic environment. Working here would be a bad career move and will cost you in your personal life. Not just saying this because I am bitter. I worked at a better company before and after and I know the difference. It's not worth it.
Pros
not many
Cons
many
Somewhat disappointing. Limited growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 27, 2014
Limited growth opportunities.Excessive workload. No work-life bakance.
Productive and fun work place with ping pong tables
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2014
Great culture and the entire executive management team lives the values
Great Place for employees!
Human Resources Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2014
Only reason I left was because the budget wasn't approved for an extra position in my department. Wonderful people, great enviroment. Would have loved to stay on board if I had been able to! Would recommend anyone to apply for a position with ABRH if one is open that matches your career path!
Pros
Free food all the time, fountain drink machines in both breakrooms, friendly people, great managers
Cons
You will gain weight working here lol, there is a test kitchen on site for O'Charley's and food is everywhere.
very up beat and energetic work place
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  4849 W. 79th StreetMarch 11, 2014
Customer satisfaction, building rapports with customers , Pre-shifting team on day to day basis .
Very productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 4, 2014
I would stay very busy making sure that all the employees stayed on task. I learned about leadership. My manager was not a very good boss. She didn't do much, and would yell if things weren't getting done. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people daily.
Great job but lots of hours and must be excellent in customer service
service manager (Current Employee) –  atlanta gaSeptember 18, 2013
Love my co workers and as part of management you hire you entire team. You find a way to work with lots of different kind of personalities and meet all kinds of guests.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to spend as much time with your family. It is hard because the hours are not the best and late nights at times.
Pros
free meals, good pay, not bad benefits
Cons
lots of hours, on your feet, not a lot of time for family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Blue Ribbon Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9