American Blue Ribbon Holdings

American Blue Ribbon Holdings Employee Reviews

ok
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 27, 2016
they were willing to work with me and help me grow. I learned a lot from this company. they did not have any benefits however so there is no long term employment.
I loved the customer contact and working to meet sales goals.
Assistant Manager - Polk & Story County (Former Employee) –  Polk County, IA and Story County, IAAugust 28, 2016
Everyday was a new challenge. Covering people who do not show to work and going from there. Jumping in where I am needed to cover. I was moved seven times in two years so always a new challenge to figure out the employees and how each store is ran. It was never boreing or dull and always full of activity,
Pros
Free lunch and pie. Always meeting new and interesting people.
Cons
The hours.
Great Place to work
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2016
This company is great to work for. They care about their employees. Everyone is so friendly the atmosphere is great I have learned so much in regards to hr
Pros
people
Cons
location
No life/ work balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2016
I'm sure higher up,the VVC's are adhered to more closely. But as you go down the ranks they get less important to adhere to. The respect and integrity becomeore compromised.
Pros
Free food, a paycheck, daily good insurance
Cons
Long hours, changing shifts, no time for personal life
Abrh
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2015
Was a great company until the corporate office moved to Nashville. Now it has no loyalty to employees, only to giving huge bonuses constantly to higher ups.
Restaurant & Bar
Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 28, 2015
Food is good, people are good.
O'Charley's is NOT a good restaurant to work for. Management is horrible to the staff, and treat them way below a level of acceptance, as far as professionally. Wages are too low, and the expectations of employees is beyond their compensation.
Great Place to Work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, INMay 15, 2015
This is a great place to work. I would not trade the time at ABRH for anything as they have given me multiple opportunities to grow within the company.
Great company principals, company could use new blood in the upper ranks.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAApril 10, 2015
While I enjoyed working for Village Inn as a whole, I found that the structure of the advancement structure is antiquated.
Pros
Great value structure, good training programs.
Cons
No work, life balance.
Poor management
Previous Supply Chain employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2015
They (at least in the supply chain dept) will micro manage until you cry. Also, the department is headed up by some real slave drivers. This is mostly because the company is disorganized and cannot collaborate enough to get anything done correctly.

They offer a good salary, but after your done putting the hours in you might as well work at McDonald's. The hourly pay would be the same. Toxic environment. Working here would be a bad career move and will cost you in your personal life. Not just saying this because I am bitter. I worked at a better company before and after and I know the difference. It's not worth it.
Pros
not many
Cons
many
Somewhat disappointing. Limited growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 27, 2014
Limited growth opportunities.Excessive workload. No work-life bakance.
Productive and fun work place with ping pong tables
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2014
Great culture and the entire executive management team lives the values
Great Place for employees!
Human Resources Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2014
Only reason I left was because the budget wasn't approved for an extra position in my department. Wonderful people, great enviroment. Would have loved to stay on board if I had been able to! Would recommend anyone to apply for a position with ABRH if one is open that matches your career path!
Pros
Free food all the time, fountain drink machines in both breakrooms, friendly people, great managers
Cons
You will gain weight working here lol, there is a test kitchen on site for O'Charley's and food is everywhere.
very up beat and energetic work place
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  4849 W. 79th StreetMarch 11, 2014
Customer satisfaction, building rapports with customers , Pre-shifting team on day to day basis .
Very productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 4, 2014
I would stay very busy making sure that all the employees stayed on task. I learned about leadership. My manager was not a very good boss. She didn't do much, and would yell if things weren't getting done. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people daily.
Great job but lots of hours and must be excellent in customer service
service manager (Current Employee) –  atlanta gaSeptember 18, 2013
Love my co workers and as part of management you hire you entire team. You find a way to work with lots of different kind of personalities and meet all kinds of guests.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to spend as much time with your family. It is hard because the hours are not the best and late nights at times.
Pros
free meals, good pay, not bad benefits
Cons
lots of hours, on your feet, not a lot of time for family
Great people to work with.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa FLAugust 30, 2012
Great company to work for. A typical day at work is getting your shift ready from employees, food products, equipment etc.
Pros
great benifit
Cons
some crazy and long work days.
N/a
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2012
Loved working with this company as well as working with my coworkers.
Great people, fast-paced
Human Resources & Benefits Generalist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 2, 2012
In my time here I was given a lot of responsibility and was able to wear many hats. In working closely with employees from many departments I was able to pick up varied skills. I really enjoyed the people here and there was a strong focus on values.
Pros
meal discounts, good people, good benefits program
Fun & Outgoing work Enviroment
Receptioist (Former Employee) –  DenverMarch 9, 2012
This is the Corporate office of Village Inn, Bakers Square and Max & Erma's. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The company is huge and has been around since the 1960s. Out of all the jobs I was employed for, I really enjoyed working for this one.
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
n/a

2.9