AMERICAN BROADBAND Employee Reviews

Great placed to work! Too bad the project didn't last longer.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of taking care of all of customer's needs and expectations while working in a great environment. Excellent co-wokers who would band together in crisis. Great management team who went far and beyond in keeping the team tight and the morale high. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day seeing how much progress was made in accomplishing our goals.
Pros
Weekly outings after work to show appreciation for a job well done.
Cons
Project had an end date.
Very relaxing
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 13, 2014
I enjoyed learning about the phone company business. I also loved the relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Learning the telephone company business
Low stress contracting company for Cox Communications
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2014
American Broadband was a contract company fulfilling orders for Cox Communications. Cox downsized while I was working for American Broadband and cancelled the contract resulting in the company to close its doors. I only worked for them for about 5 months. This job was enjoyable because half my day was in the field and the other in the office. We worked 4 day work weeks and had 3 days off which made it easy to balance a personal life around a work life. Cox had 3 products at the time and I specialized in the telephony product. American Broadband hired me for that area alone because they had little knowledge and expertise in telephony. I also had digital television and internet HSP techs I was in charge of. Telephony is probably my favorite product I worked with to date but my current position with ViaSat installing Satellite internet systems could be right there with it.
Pros
Company Vehicle to take home with gas card, benefits, good pay
Cons
job stability, long hours
Good place to work & learn.
Lead Service Technician/Outside Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Maitland, MOOctober 6, 2013
No day is ever the same, as you can never know what troubles may arise from day to day. There are locates to do almost every day to go along with installs, disconnects & reconnects.My Bosses in Nebraska could not be any better to work for & the same would go for the Techs. there also. The toughest part of my job would be that I am on call 24 Hours a day 7 days a week. I take a vacation to Wyoming fishing & sometimes hunting to get away every year for a week or two. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is when I have just fixed a trouble for a customer & the thanks & friendliness they so often show for what I have done.
Pros
Provides service truck to drive to & from work. The pay is good.
Cons
On call 24/7, Insurance
Laid back call center
Telemarketing Sales (Former Employee) –  Toledo OhioMarch 4, 2013
calling customers converting phone to our phone service i learned how to use the vicidial system the coworkers were fun treated you like family hardest part of job was having rude customers call you abotu there serivce wasn't working and co workers stealing your sales and referrals. the hours were flexable
Pros
laid back job
Cons
co workers stealing referrals and sales
calling customers
Telemarketing Sales (Former Employee) –  Toledo OhioMarch 2, 2013
loved helping elderlys obtain a cheap flat rate phone bill, data entry, use of vicidial and computers
Pros
cheap phone bills, love day time hours, laid back
Cons
having coworkers steal your sales and referrals
Challenging and rewarding when the monthly reporting cycle begins
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCAugust 21, 2012
The accounting skill and knowledge for my position is very basic and mainly provide the expertise in Excel in putting together spreadsheet analysis and creating models.

I enjoy working with subsidiary accounting groups to produce the monthly consolidations; it keeps me sharp with the normal debits and credits of everyday accounting life.
Pros
work with all levels of company
Cons
no raise, no bonus, "on-call" status

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN BROADBAND. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4