AMERICAN BUILDINGS COMPANY Employee Reviews

Anti american horrible people
Pearling line (Former Employee) –  El Paso, ILJuly 10, 2017
American building company El paso IL
American building company is a disrespectful anti American place they have a supervisor that is a fake wants you to believe he wants to help but in the end sticks up for his drinking buddies , jason winners on the pearling line is a poor excuse for a trainer and a drunk idiot that can talk bad making fun about everyone on the line and sabotage a persons job without anyone doing anything about it American building does not care about anything except money . Customers and employees have to learn this the hard way unfortunately because integrity is not in ABC's vocabulary i would not recommend this place to anyone looking for a career or a customer looking to have a building built with no problems if needed find out for yourself but don't say you weren't warned I am a veteran 4 yrs 11b and have never been this disrespected in my life they do not deserve to wear the american flag and disgrace the flag by having it in their name I am veteran sgt. Keister 322nd Springfield il i also have proof of how disrespectful and deceitful this place is
Pros
Bonus but thats not much
Cons
Horrible discriminating people
Good company
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  South Hill, VAMay 30, 2017
Good company to work for. A good training enviroment. I really learned alot about this job. It really helped me to learn my craft better. I would recommend this company
Fun Place To Work For
Painter / Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, ILApril 9, 2017
Was less communication between shifts and management with other departments. I worked hard on a daily basis and through breaks but I feel like I wasn't appreciative and they get recognition.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
No sick time
Great Company
Web-Welder (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 22, 2017
Great company overall, their safety culture is absolutely amazing and as well as their training. One thing I did like is also their management, always willing to hear you out and help any possibly way.
Too stressful
Steel Building Detailer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 30, 2016
You are trained for 90 days before working with the others in your department. When i started I didn't have a trainer so I had to learn on my own. However when I joined the others my supervisor told me how to do it his way. As a result it messed me up. It became very difficult to complete jobs on time. Deadlines were extremely tight. There was a double standard for when you messed up. First you had to fill out a form, explaining your mistake and how to prevent it. Than you had a meeting to discuss your mistake.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Stressful
Great place to work!
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Paso, IllinoisMay 8, 2015
I am very satisified with my teammates at American Buildings Company, as well as the company itself. A team is assembled here that is focused and goal-oriented. I would recommend working with ABC to anyone I know.
Pros
Great company to work for and the employees are all-stars.
Cons
It is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but larger cities are within driving distance. Depending on which department you work in, you may have long hours and work on weekends.
Good company
Design Estimator (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, ALFebruary 18, 2015
Enjoyable work environment. Good people to work with. Staffed with professional and knowledgeable people who will go the extra mile for the customer.
purdutive
Lead Man Shipping Department (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, ALFebruary 12, 2015
full filling the schedule learned how run the plant had good relationship with co-workers not really a hard part i can think of i was just quick learner injoyed the challenges i faced in the shipping
Pros
good benefits
Cons
note nough hours
Great Place to work
Hardware\Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Eufaula, ALOctober 13, 2014
Great place to work.
Team is wonderful to work with.
Always something new to learn and master.
Pros
Enjoyed my work.
Cons
Eufaula, al
Fantastic working Environment, Very strict and Pushy management, Excelent benifits and Jobsecurity.
Design Engineer in Self Storage Division (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 18, 2014
Design Self Storage Buildings and Re-roofing Jobs. Check others design and drawing, Seal the drawings.
Learned Cold Formed and Self Storage Design, timely and error- Free submission.
Management is very strict but very good.
Co-workers are superb.
The hardest part of work is checking drawings.
The most enjoyable is creation of new structural mechanism, structural planning, solving design problems
Pros
Friendly working enviroment.
Cons
Very less vacation period
It felt like I was working with family.
Design Estimator (Current Employee) –  Eufaula, ALJune 3, 2014
It is a wonderful place to work, and the people make you feel like you are apart of their family.
Productive and fun place to work
CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, ALSeptember 16, 2013
I would love to continue to work with this company if there were more job openings closer to my area. Unfortunately, I had to reloacate and say good bye to an excellent boss and several co-workers. I had total freedom to take care of the prints and tallys where I was able to work independently and on teams. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the customer is happy with the results with their service and speed of delivery of the prints.
Pros
American made products and I was a part of the distribution
Cons
Not working there long enough
terrible
Welder (Former Employee) –  El Paso, ILMarch 17, 2013
Not a very good place to work they only care about one thing and that is production
Good company to work for.
Cad Drafter III. (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, OHMarch 15, 2013
This company is owned by Nucor. They are a great company to work for.
Great work atmosphere, good people!
Beam Punch Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 28, 2013
The start time each day varied depending on the work load which was to be shipped out that week. The more work we had the more hours we worked. Initially, I started on 2nd shift working the 20 ft shear which could cut through 3/4 inch thick steel. We produced custom beams for metal buildings. I then transferred departments to operate the beam punch. Responsible for checking the accuracy of each beams length and punching holes with only 1/8" room for error. I worked with a great team, all very dependent yet willing to help others when needed. The hardest part of the job was not having the necessary equipment to do my job to the best of my ability. My station lacked a crane to put 800lb beams on to the conveyor which forced me to wait for the crane operator, in control of the main one.
Pros
good opportunities to learn other skills, good benefits
Cons
too many hours sometimes; 12 hour days, 6 days a week... no life outside of work.