American Campus Communities Employee Reviews

okay work environment
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 18, 2018
Management is terrible and they don't take responsibility for anything with employees or residents.Pay was good and about the only positive thing besides most coworkers. Don't work here unless you're ready to play the corporate game. Leasing agents do most of the work, but hardly any credit. Hierarchy mentality.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
management
It was an okay experience to work for the company
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 10, 2018
Dedicated 25 hours each week to serving students in on-campus housing arrangements; often dedicated entire weekends during high-traffic events, such as move-in and move-out days
low wages
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 26, 2018
When i got interviewed I know this job did not pay well.The company from Texas they think 8 dollars is a good salary, The days were long around there peak season
Pros
Cons
low pay
Very Reasonable
Community Assistant, Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2018
As a college student I found working for American Campus to be a perfect part time job. Management was very reasonable in working with a college course schedule and offered a reasonable work load.
Great for college student
Resident Assistant/ Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 13, 2018
I started ACC going into my senior year of college as a Resident Assistant. I enjoyed working here. ACC paid for my housing and I received a stipend every two weeks which was great. The stipend wasn't a lot about $200 but at the time that was a lot for a broke college student. During the summer the pay was more because of the long hours ($500-$700). Management was very understanding and compromising knowing that I was in college and I had class and homework. As a resident assistant I worked in the leasing office and helped with resident activities. The only thing I didn't like to much was being on call. One night out the week and one weekend out the month we had to be on call for after hour assistance.
Pros
Paid stipend, paid housing
Cons
Being on call
Great Company
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TX 77446January 10, 2018
Good atmosphere. You meet some amazing people within the company. It is fairly easy to move up through the company. Training is minimal. You have to learn your position yourself
ACC Worklife in my opinion
Community Assistant (Resident Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXDecember 27, 2017
A typical day in my work life schedule would be work, class, and possibly work again. I have leave a lot from being a manager but most importantly an increase of my customer service skills. Management is up and down but overall University Village at Prairie View AGM team are amazing! Workplace culture varies from committed individuals and employees whom solely come to work to work. The hardest part of this job would most likely be balancing work life and personal life while maintaining your education. Building relationships with residents is my most enjoyable part of my job!
American Campus
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 22, 2017
It's a great company to work for, but do not expect to be paid for the amount of work you do. Not all positions are paid equally.

Advancement opportunities come easily to those who want to stay within the company.
Pros
Advancement if willing to relocate
Cons
Compensation is not good
There doesn't seem to be much room for advancement if you don't work at the corporate office
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 4, 2017
My General Manager and the Area Manager are amazing people. I would work for them any time.
I can't say that for my direct Manager.
She's great at her job. She's turned the department around greatly since she's been here.
She lacks greatly in the management of, and communication with her Associates.
It is an overall great job
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXDecember 1, 2017
I highly recommend this job it helps you better yourself as a worker and employee. I have really grown while working here it has taught me a lot about business, time management, leasing, accounting and many other things.
Great Company
Assistant General Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2017
ACC is a great company to work for. The career opportunities are endless however slow in how often they are offered. Highly recommended as a company to work for.
good for adding to work experience
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXNovember 5, 2017
Good job to start with . Gives you experience in leasing as well as management positions. Job pays hourly , and allows for small discount on housing though corporate.
Pros
paid hourly, off on campus holidays
Cons
no lunch breaks
its the big room blitz
Porter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 1, 2017
sometimes i feeling the need to not writes the words from cow? then worse maybe this will work finding me happy to leave good review for such mediocraty.
Great college job with flexible hours and fun people
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 28, 2017
I worked at a new property in College Station for three years. It was a great place to work with great coworkers and such nice residents. If you're personable and enthusiastic, you're perfect for this job! Wish I didn't have to leave but I graduated.
Pros
Discounted rent, People, Co-workers
Cons
No raise
No advancement and managers like to belittle you.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 22, 2017
This place was great to work at at first. They offered all kinds of advancements but never followed through. They like to give you the runaround about how far you can go and then tell you how worthless you are. I was very disappointed in this company.
Pros
Insurance free lunch 1 day a week
Cons
Stuck at low pay with no hope of promotions or raises.
Fun Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
This is a fun place to work and I highly recommend it to any young person with an accounting or business degree. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I enjoyed working there.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 10, 2017
I work hard always on time.Fixing on appliance, plumbing, grounds,carpenter and cleaning the pools. And fixing kick doors changing locks and hvac work also
Good workplace and environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 10, 2017
This was a good company to work for and I would recommend it for anyone. The work day was paced just right to accomplish all tasks assigned in any given work day.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Great promote from within mentality
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Good upper management. Promote from within. Very structured. High stress and always on-call. Working with students can be equally rewarding as it is frustrating.
Pros
Promote from within, young
Cons
Long hours, high stress, always on-call
This was a college job
RESIDENT ASSISTNANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2017
I worked hard for this company. The staff managed two freshmen dorms that were chaotic. It was a lot of fun but emergencies would arise that would cause you to be responsible for anything at a moments notice. Lock out, unauthorized guests, fights, and drugs were the main issues. But the team that I had made it worth the experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Campus Communities. Our community is ready to answer.