American Cancer Society

American Cancer Society United States Employee Reviews

Great company mission
Application Support Senior Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
ACS is has a great mission and I am totally dedicated to it. The senior management team and overall company structure is very challenging.
Very Positive in Helping Families with Cancer.
Receptionist/ Administrative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 16, 2015
Answered phones, in main reception area. Greeted patients for wigs and breast prosthetics. Very rewarding. My Manager was very helpful and caring. The hardest part of the job was seeing the personal struggles with this disease, Cancer.

The most rewarding part of the job was helping the patients coming in. And the Relay Managers during Relay Season.
Busy, fast paced workplace
Relay For Life Specialist (Former Employee), Ashland KYApril 15, 2015
Pros: Have lunch with volunteers, fun work days, Relay for Life events
Cons: lots of loading and unloading my vehicle and working more that 20+ hrs
In a typical day I could be in several different counties during several different tasks in each county.
I learned how to make cold calls on business in several counties
I managed thousands of volunteers in several counties
My co workers where fun loving and hard working individuals
Making sure that I could be at every teams fundraisers
The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with all the different volunteers
The hardest part of my job was losing friends and volunteers to cancer
Rewarding place to work
Coordinator, Division Account Management Support (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
It is not often that you are able to have a job in which you can have a direct and meaningful impact in someone's life. Working here I am able to work directly with patients, their families, and see how my work contributes to the goals of the organization.
Great mission and great focus
Sr. HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2015
So proud to be a part of this organization and what it works to provide. Great focus and even though it is a large organization it does still have a small company feel to it and we are all working towards the same future. A world with no cancer.
Helping women get mammograms
Community Health Advisor (CHA) Specialist (Former Employee), Asheville, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: Helping save lives
Cons: The women who were not intersted in getting mammograms
Excellent place to work in helping women find the resources that they need in order for them to get their mammograms. Working together with my fellow coworkers, helped me learn a lot about mammograms and how to find the resources to help them get their mammograms.
Good place
College Event Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 2, 2015
Great place to start your career. You will learn a lot and will either love or hate being an event manager. I ended up loving it.
Voluntary position
Co-Chairperson, Relay for Life (Former Employee), Derry, NHApril 1, 2015
Pros: People are dedicted to putting an end to cancer.
Cons: Paid staff needs more organized management.
We were able to contribute $100,000. to the American Cancer Society from this event. Individual teams from the community at large offered to raise money by participating in an overnight walkathon. My job was to solicit teams, organize the event, and collect the monies.
An atrocious place to work with terrible upper management
Community Manager (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTMarch 30, 2015
An atrocious place to work with terrible upper management...they lose people every single day because they ask people working for an entry level salary to perform managerial tasks.
American Cancer Society
Account Manager Corporate Relations (Former Employee), Houston,TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits are good
Cons: Overturn is high
I have been working and volunteering (MD Anderson Cancer Center) in the top cancer organizations for the past 15 years in Houston,TX. The American Cancer Society provides programs and services free of charge to all cancer patients nationwide and has a Patient Navigator available 24/7 365 days a year who are trained to answer the needs for cancer patients and their families. They offer amazing services free of charge. The management and structure of the Society constantly changes and consistency at the local and national level is a challenge and room for growth is very limited. The unfortunate side of this is that there is a great deal of change in management and job positions.
learning experience
Assist local civic organizations (Former Employee), florence, scMarch 27, 2015
I decided to take part in the when my Grandmother passed away from breast cancer so I cant really say it was exciting or fun but my mother and I learned so much and was able to educate ourselves on how to take better care of our bodies
Management at ACS needs to get over themselves
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good benefit package
Cons: Too many cons to list. Not a good place at all
ACS is one of the worst places in Atlanta to work. Management talks a lot about caring for its employees but that's all it is --- talk. Management cares about management and how much of the donations money they can keep for themselves. And that's all they care about. Horrible place to work.
Most of the managers think way too much of themselves, think they are so very important. Well, get a clue honey, you ain't nowhere near as important as you think you are.
great company to work for
Volunteer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 18, 2015
Take calls, attend to guests, clean the office, organize papers, schedule appointments, set up events, mail out flyers and invitations, type emails.
Productive and meaningful workplace
volunteer (Current Employee), phoenix, azMarch 16, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: internship
Completed a lot of office work and preparation work for the advocacy office under supervision with great supervisor. Provided resources at Arizona Oncology to patients without supervision. Gained great experience on both ends.
Relentless pursuit of a cure
Sr. Director-Partner Relationships (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2015
Salaried staff working in the areas of community engagement, health systems and corporate partners. The main mission - to find a cure and to do our jobs so that more than a 1,000 lives a day can be saved.
Very rewarding job.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay. free food sometimes.
ACS is one of the top charities in the country. I immensely enjoyed my position with American Cancer Society. The hardest part of my job was, on occasion, not being able to fulfill a person's ned(s).
Small non-profit
Account Manager, Corporate Relationships (Former Employee), Warwick, RIMarch 9, 2015
Worked primarily with volunteers and families. Responsible for children, families and volunteers' satisfaction and safety and with volunteer needs and availability.
Great colleagues, important mission!
Account Manager, Health Systems (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great people, organizational awareness of health and wellness
Cons: a lot of travel
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with amazing staff and volunteers!
Many opportunities to learn, availability of numerous web based and internal organizational curriculum favoring the independent learner.

Typical day at work offers travel to health systems in metro ny area as well as internal meetings with staff and volunteers, learning and development webinars and independent work with clients either in person or over the phone.
Well run not for profit with a good reputation
Development Director (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 1, 2015
Pros: environment for growth
Cons: lots of meeting outside of traditional business hours
The American Cancer Society is a great place to start a career. You are offered the opportunity to work on a lot of projects and access to community volunteers who are passionate. It is a motivating environment.
Worthy Cause
Manager (Current Employee), TennesseeFebruary 25, 2015
Worthy Cause. Long Hours. worth the work... great volunteers. Lots of Traveling and Weekend activities. Coworkers are friendly. Lots of Turnover in employees

1 2 3 4 5

About American Cancer Society

The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as – Read more

American Cancer Society Salaries

$30,000 per year
Special Events Intern
$56,000 per year

American Cancer Society Photos

Home Depot participating in this years event, they're looking to become a future sponsor.
Survivor Reception at Relay For Life of University of Akron