American Career College

American Career College Employer Reviews

GREAT SCHOOL TO ATTEND
Surgical Tech Student (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great program
Cons: non
VERY DEMANDING PROGRAM, STAFF VERY KNOWLEDGABLE , EVERY STAFF HAS AT LEAST 10 YEARS IN THEIR FIELD, IN VARIOUS AREAS.
Strong focus on academics.
Campus Director, Director of Education (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 7, 2014
Great company, great management, great professionals. Strong emphasis on students' achieving their goals.
Busy environment
Financial Aid Liaison / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2014
American Career College is a trade school in which students attend to make a better life for themselves
Has potentional with a little more work on few areas
Clinical Coordinator / Instructor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 31, 2014
The school has potential as far as location, look and overall first impresion. I worked with dedicated professionals and they seem to be happy.
Excellent learning/career experience
Vocational Nurse Intern (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 2, 2014
An excellent facility where the instructors are well versed in their learning material, and the education is worth the time and money.
Great place to work at learned alot of skills
Default Prevention Assistant (Current Employee), Ontario, CANovember 20, 2013
busy mailing out receiving deferments and forbearance forms I learned to file data entry, handle confidential information daily set up exit counseling classes use Microsoft excel.
Educational
Surgical Technology Instructor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor interdepartmental management; alot of favoritism
Excellent benefits and staff development; good marketing
Established College
MA Externship Coordinator/MA Instructor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: professional
Cons: too much turn over
Had many satisfying times there. Clean surroundings, mostly friendly people.
Helps out while you are in school.
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: you get to know the campus and staff.
Cons: very short breaks.
This job gave me the opportunity to balance school and work.
Working with children
Student Aide (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2013
Loved being able to help kids. supporting of emotional and social development
Great place for Education
Program Director (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: working with students
Cons: multiple buildings makes communication difficult
Fast-paced environment with multiple programs. I learned how to survive with minimal staffing and still provide great services to students. The hardest part of the job is the management of students and their process through the program - drops, failed classes, etc. The best part of the job is watching them succeed and knowing you played a part in their – more... success. – less
Great job, and a fun atmosphere to work in
Career Service Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 14, 2013
Pros: good team work
Cons: hard to move up in the company
I would assist in helping new graduates find employment as LVN'S or Any type of Allied Health Position. I learned how to empower the graduates to find employment as a self starter. The way we would create positions for over 170 graduates from the program I would work with would allow us to better prepare for the graduates to find work.
Horrible place to work
Anyamous (Former Employee), OntarioApril 23, 2013
I worked for this company and it was the worst company I have every worked for in my entire life. Very Stressful environment. A typical worked was see new prospective students consistently and could not even give time to your continue students. Management was horrible because they would talk about their staff behind their backs and they will try to – more... go get you say something behind someone back to get them in trouble. They would push students to enroll, even when they want to go home and talk about with their family about it. There App fee is non-refundable, so they are going make profit off this and they don't tell students about this. Student files are incomplete due to them enrolling student with the proper documents. In addition, they enroll students who ineligible for financial aid when they are default or have an overpayment and the student has not cleared it. They tell that every student needs to be in enrolled when they come through the door and if you don’t enroll the student, you are not providing excellent customer service. In addition, students are being told that they don't have to bring their tax information in and that financial aid will do an estimate regardless. Finally, they tell the staff a couple days or without notice that we have to work on Saturday. This company does not care about you or the commits that you have with family; forcing the staff to work six days and not paying overtime. If you try to say anything, they say you are being inflexible and when you tell them no. I never work for this company again, nor the sister company. – less
Fun, productive career
RN II Voc. Nursing Clinical /Theory Instructor (Former Employee), Anaheim CAApril 4, 2013
Pros: the pay scale
Cons: student behaviors
Work is fun, helping nursing students learn proper medical skills, while I learned strategies in teaching. Management not strong, but tolerable. Co-workers friendly, paperwork is much but overall the enjoyable part of the job are the students and their success!
Busy
Registrar (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 15, 2013
A typical day would include entering attendance, pre auditing future student files and entering their data into the data base and if all enrollment criteria was meet, enroll and schedule student. Answer phones, assist students and facultiy with request and questions. Complete verification request and transcript request. Review new student files for – more... complience, make lables and file. Run reports for attenance absences, missing attendance, Leave of absence, ect.
Process student status changes. Update schedules. – less
Dont work for there Facilities Dept.
Facilities (Former Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 16, 2013
Pacific Coast Realty is the subcontractor for ACC facilities. Don't work for them. They are a higher and fire Company. The two women
that work there as the contact management are jerks. The only back each other up, as for there maintenance staff they really treat them like dirt.
Beautiful buildings
Admin Office (Former Employee), IrvineJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: awesome buildings and health benefits
Cons: favortism, not in touch
Schools have the good intention of providing students great education...but the administration seems to be out of touch with its employees. Left the company due to relocating & when I moved back to area, I attempted to call up former co-workers,only to find out, MOST had been let go or quit. Adminstration seems to favor certain employees to get friends – more... in & then rids of employees who really care for the company. Pay was great, but won't be reapplying. – less
Productive and Fun environment
Financial Aide Department Assistant (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunches, easy going job
Cons: n/a
Good position for students trying to make small money while going to school. Maximized the opportunity and would recommend any long term program student to apply for the job.
Fun experience to study and learn at, I love ACC.
Student (Former Employee), Buena Park, CAOctober 18, 2012
I really enjoy coming to ACC, even though i barely started attending here i have lots of fun in this learning environment. I'm glad with my decision and i hope to continue and be an ACC Graduate!
Cedars-Sinai, St. Johns, Norris Hosp
Vocational Nurse Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: floor setups, access to pharmacies at night and the people i worked with
Cons: general hospital work as opposed to clinic/op ambulatory care work
All these were per diem jobs at the above 3 hospitals as well as as Brotman and Hollywood Presbyterian. It was you standard RN float shift jobs in hospitals. My preference was for both Cedars and Norris - loved their floor setups and the people that I worked with at these facilities.