American Career College Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 8, 2017
I worked at acc for several years only to see the staff continuously drop like flies. They either quit or were fired. The environment with administration is hostile at best. Staff has no trust in upper management or anyone in the corporate level. It is a very unhealthy environment. There is much gossip and back biting by staff and upper management. Upper management regularly shares very personal and sensitive information to staff about others employed there. Acc shows no appreciation or gratitude for accomplishments and hard work. Stay away!
Pros
Cons
No loyalty, hostile environment, sharing of personal information to other employees
Wonderful company to work for
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2017
I enjoyed my many years of working with students and my colleagues. It was a special culture, more than a family. I appreciate David Pyle and his supportive ways.
Pros
supportive
Cons
n/a
Student/Employee
Federal Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMay 1, 2017
I was a student in the Medical and Billing Program, which made it a nice place to work part time. I had the opportunity networking with career services.
Pros
Education, integrity, inspiration
Cons
more hours
Good Job but Bad Culture
Business Analyst - Student Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2017
I did not enjoy the company culture there. It was over sold in the interview process. The upper management communication is strongly lacking. The business side of the company is very strong. The technical side of the company is resistant to change and has several employees in highly technical positions, without technical degrees or certifications.
Pros
good business vision and emphasis on the student
Cons
healthcare, salary, limited benfeits
ACC-long beach campus
Massage Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 19, 2017
fantastic school, there are great opportunities here in many different programs. I highly recommend many individuals to come here to the long beach campus.
Best school
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 3, 2017
I had a great professor who thought us the best stuff in the medical field. The staff in school were always attentively to our needs and advised us with the best tips. The school acknowledged all my efforts and my reward me with more opportunity to succeed. I will always recommend ACC in Long Beach
Pros
Awards every month
Cons
No complaints
Great job experience while I was in school.
Program Director Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 2, 2017
Helping the program directors really allowed me to grow as a person and see what it is like to be a teacher in such great medical fields.
Pros
Dedicated Staff
Cons
Expensive school
Great opportunity
Director of Dental Program (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Great growth opportunity and great place to mold the minds of our future dental assistants. I learned a lot about the dental education system and I have found that there is more to learn. The most enjoyable part of this company was the activities that they held for the students. Everything was student based and I loved how there were so many resources for the students.
Pros
Job security and growth opportunity
Great place to work, learn, and grow
Dental Assisting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 12, 2017
Great place to work, learn and grow. Plenty of opportunity to advance into management. Management totally approachable and transparent. Work place culture is warm, friendly and total team players. Hardest part of the job is completing all administrative tasks and other assigned tasks on time in a very strict time frame, handling students with low motivation and helping these students get motivated to finish and graduate. The best part of the job seeing students succeed and graduate and become gainfully employed.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Strict time frame conditions for completing administrative tasks
working and going to school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2017
being a federal work study was cool because I got to work and go to school so I had all the resources available for me. The staff were always friendly and helpful.
Great potential
SRC Specialist / Campus Finance (I) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2017
overall worked there 10 months upon my first month of arrival 4 employees were laid off. The L.A campus has great potential to be more successful and improve on student culture and environment but due to cut backs this does not reflect. The department i was hired for needed loads of assistance in the man hours and workload. Unfortunately my position was eliminated by cut backs which just makes no sense because another person was hired in my department that did a completely different job, as to why hire me in the first place to lay me off not sure how the executive of that campus is basing his decisions. Overall the school is attempting to help the students and make a difference it just needs to be more student focused versus nickel and dimming their budget.
Pros
great environment
Cons
quick turn around and mysterious cut backs
Flexible classes to work around your job
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I had a pleasant experience at this school. Teachers are well experienced and knowledgeable. Campus was clean and free parking for students.
Pros
Good teachers, good internship placement
Cons
job placements need improvement
Assisting Financial Aid Department
Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Able to give me additional work experience.Help me to get a job with what I learned in school as well to see that I was involved.
good place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 25, 2017
good environment,,,,,,,,advancement opportunities,,,,,,,,good locations,,,,,,and growing,,,,,,,,i would reccomend to anyone,,,,,,,nothing else to say,,,,,,,working with students is fun and interesting
Unstable
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 14, 2017
I have never worked for a company that has such a high rate of turnover regarding employees.Within the period that I have worked there in the Orange County Campus I have seen and heard of 11 at least employees who are no longer working in the facility including Program Directors. Whenever there is a new program director, all or most employees in that department gets replaced with personal choices of the new Program Directors.

Student enrollment has suffered due to many changes that is implemented that has not proven effective. Supplies, when there are available are usually faulty or non existent. The students are the ones that suffer the most because they have to deal with multiple instructors within a short time span and their different methods of teaching. Consequently students are dropping like flies or they don't bother even showing up to class.
Medicine and technology has grown but the staff has held on to an archaic method of training that does not meet up with the standards of the current generation.

Accusations are either thrown haphazardly or not properly conducted dependent on who is the accused or who is the accuser.
Benefits
Cons
Unstable
Pleasant work place.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Very nice work environment but in the past year it has not been stable because not a big enough student population, it is really slow so have many cutbacks. I enjoy the job and typical day is working on administrative work and also teaching, this is something I love to so.
Pros
Some what good benefits and, great helping students and seeing them go for there goals.
Cons
some of the benefits
ACC provided a positive and clinical learning enviornment for students and staff.
massage instructor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91764December 17, 2016
American career college in Ontario was a very impressive campus and they have a sizable budget to provide all necessities for students and teachers to have a complete and successful program. The massage therapy program staff were competent and wise and dedicated. I thoroughly enjoyed working at this campus for this company.
Pros
Clean, fun, proffesional, enthusiastic enviornment and staff.
Cons
High turn over for DOE and massage chair personel
ACC is an awesome place to work
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 16, 2016
While working at American Career College, I looked forward to going to work. Interacting with students and co-workers in a healthy, friendly and supportive environment meant a lot.

I was given an opportunity to grow in my profession as Admissions Coordinator and learned many new skills working with new and innovative technologies. I was recognition for excellent customer service within my department and inter-departmentally.

Another impressive characteristic about ACC is that they genuinely care about the success of all their students and consider them with high priority.

Although there was one aspects of my job duties that I found challenging, which was getting students to help provide their proof of high school completion documents in a timely manner,overall, It was an enjoyable part of my working experience.
Pros
Excellent benefits package
Excellent place to work for.
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 14, 2016
Having the Best Financial Aid Director: Debby Robles was a great experience for me. Her support, training and dedication I became better in my field. With all these assisting the students to apply for Financial Aid and how to pay for college was easy. Rita Dotten as Director of the College was an Excellent Boss as well. Nothing appeared hard with all their support!
Pros
Excellent College
Cons
Many talented people work there
Program Director HIT (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 14, 2016
American Career College focuses on the student which is how an educational institution should be.
It encourages growth as an individual and within the company.