American Career College Employee Reviews

Great pay and benefits; Bad management
IT Business Analyst, Applications (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Very happy with the pay and the benefits (health, dental, 401k). The work life balance is pretty messed up though. We were expected to come in whenever our project/client wanted. We were expected to drop everything if a client came to see us. There were many late nights and early mornings.
Management is lacking to say the least. Most are micromanagers without the technical knowledge to perform the tasks they are managing. The CIO has treated the staff like they are interchangeable. He would often ask for a task to be done by one staff member and told "No" due to security reasons, only to go to another staff member and ask for the same thing until he gets someone to do it. Security and data validation are least important to them.
Pros
Great pay; Used to have free snacks and sodas
Cons
Poor management; They took the snacks away
Great teamwork, great students
MBC/MA Career Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMarch 7, 2016
great school to work at supportive management room for growth,
great benefits and great environment. Would recommend to work here for any one who is seeking in making a difference
Good Company
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Good company to work. Good benefits provided to employees. Great location in the Los Angeles area. Good staff. Several locations in case you would like to relocate.
positive call center environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 13, 2016
I would start my day with logging into my phone. As soon I log in, I'm able to take inbound calls. I log into the auto dialer and start to dial inquiries from other states (TX and FL). At 9AM PST, I start to dial inquires within CA. Our outbound inquires are people who requested information online and wish to speak with admissions. Once we confirm the information is correct, we transfer caller to admissions.

What I most enjoy about my job are my co-workers. They make me smile and make the time go faster. Everyone has their goals and we try to help each other achieve their goals. Management is great. My direct supervisor and the Vice President are always available.

What I learned from working with American Career College/ West Coast University is to improvise and to adapt. There were times when either the computer system was down or email was down but we manage to work around the problem while I.T takes care of the issue.
Ethical work environment
Lead Business Specialist Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Everyone is very welcoming, friendly and busy. The management team works hard to make sure all instructors have what they need in order to be successful daily by which then the students will be successful. The hardest part of my job is to say 'no' to the snacks that is offered to the staff, faculty and employees daily. They take care of all the employees by providing daily snacks and/or breakfast bars along with tea, coffee and water. The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting with my Director to go over classroom agendas, students, curriculum and etc. She makes it very easy and enjoyable to discuss all the issues, problems, funny situations and assist in finding solutions to any problems.
Pros
fun, exciting, ethical, welcoming
Great Place to work
Financial Aid Director (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 26, 2016
Working at ACC by far has been the greatest experience for me. Working there daily was not a challenge because I worked with great profession co-workers which made my job easier. I have learned and definitely grew in my career Thanks to ACC. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to help change lives each and everyday.
Pros
Great co-workers
Great company, bad management
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Recruit, recruit, recruit, no matter what
Director of admissions was unsupportive
Hardest part of the job was the pressure that was endured upon the director of admissions without much support
Most enjoyable part of the job was recruiting actually qualified candidates.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unsatisfactory Management
Fun Educational Experience
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2016
Freedom to create course structure to make teaching fun and educational. Administrator listens to instructor's view and suggestion to improve the program.
Great Place to work
Assist students and faculty (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 22, 2016
I was able to work at school without having to worry about my job getting in the way of my studies. This helped me become top of my class.
Productive fun place to work
Federal Work Study (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 31, 2016
Attending school and working here at the same time is quite an experience. The staff are super nice and helpful. The days goes by super fast.
Passionate, eager students, wanting to learn and start their careers
Career Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2015
Great stepping stone for those who desire to teach, develop student supportive environments, and add personal growth. ACC is a for-profit institution with a corporate motto. Encouragements for those who thrive off competitive spirits and number driven success, is highly desired. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships that were developed will I worked there with my coworkers, and direct student approach. I needed to consider working three days a week vs. five days a week.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not employee centered
Productive and fast pace.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 13, 2015
Conducting Student recruitment by responding to student inquires via phone call email. Interview and advice prospective students to determine appropriate program.
I learned about to maintain a inconstant follow up system.
Management kept a high level of expectation and productivity.
Co-workers were supportive and kept a positive.
The most difficult part of my job was keeping the program availability to prospective students.
The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in the lives of our students
Pros
Changing students lives
Cons
Approval of acredidation
Beautiful buildings
Admin Office (Former Employee) –  IrvineJanuary 31, 2013
Schools have the good intention of providing students great education...but the administration seems to be out of touch with its employees. Left the company due to relocating & when I moved back to area, I attempted to call up former co-workers,only to find out, MOST had been let go or quit. Adminstration seems to favor certain employees to get friends in & then rids of employees who really care for the company. Pay was great, but won't be reapplying.
Pros
awesome buildings and health benefits
Cons
favortism, not in touch
good place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CADecember 30, 2015
great place to start off your career in the medical field always busy and get to work with different doctors plus you gain a lot of experience.
Cons
Love working with my co-workers
None (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2015
Not enough work to stay busy. However, most of the people in the company are nice. Love working with the employees in my department.
Pros
provides free fruit.
Cons
lousy raises.
Great benefits, very stressfull & political enviornment
previous employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2012
I was a previous employee, the company has great benefits but the supervisors are terrible, they talked behind everyones back and they showed favortism. It was always stressfull, especially more if they don't like you. They don't encourage you to provide feedback in correct & current information & students never get good job assistance.
Great staff and friendly enviornment
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 10, 2015
Loved working here but I couldn't stay due to my other job. Great staff, great management. The biggest downside was they didn't have many clinical sites to choose from so i had to drive a lot, I had to drive from my house to Hemet to LA and then back to Hemet.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
lots of driving. they had me driving from hemet to LA daily
Performed a variety of recruiting and HR functions.
HR/Talent Acquisition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed showing up to work everyday regardless of my commute due to my supportive team and management. I worked with all levels of employees and clients. Gained a lot of experience and knowledge from each individual I had the pleasure to work with.
Educational
Surgical Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2013
Excellent benefits and staff development; good marketing
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor interdepartmental management; alot of favoritism
Overrated
ADMISSION (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 21, 2015
company raves of what a good company they are, uh, they're the same as all other little mom and pop diploma schools. Bottom line numbers, enroll at any cost, no excuses, period. Sad. They're embarrassing to the industry.
Pros
Beutiful facilities
Cons
Stay far away; mamanement is "ghetto" for lack of a better term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Career College. Our community is ready to answer.

American Career College Reviews by Location