American Career College

American Career College Employee Reviews

Very Competitive
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 28, 2015
Getting students through admissions process to maintain enrollment quotas. Highly competitive work environment. Friendly coworkers. Room for growth.
Fun place to learn
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach , CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Interacting with different people
Cons: Supplies were always short
I loved my school , it was actually very interesting to learn what I did in such a short amount of time. In my time of being there I had teachers who pushed me and helped me understand things I had trouble with. They provided me with extra help outside of school , and made sure I was ok when I wasn't there. All my classmates were amazing , and it was never ANY drama in our class ! We all worked together and made learning and training fun. I enjoyed the hands on clinical experience the most , it was actually like me working in a doctors office every day interacting with real patients.
Very supportive, Helpful,
Medical Billing and Coding Student (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: we help you look for jobs, we have a career service, parking passes for our students
Cons: we don, t replace stolen or lost parking passes, if you dont have your student i.d you will have to buy one
Very busy and fast past job, the co-workers are very helpful of one another we all help manage each other very well. I would say the hardest part of the job is when have trouble helping students get there financial together so they can start a program at our school
Love working with my co-workers
None (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: provides free fruit.
Cons: lousy raises.
Not enough work to stay busy. However, most of the people in the company are nice. Love working with the employees in my department.
fun place
program cordinator assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short brakes
smart place to work in ppl are very friendly everyone helps each other m boss was very nice i would recomend it to everyone very good job
A great atmosphere with great pleaople yo work with
Student Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), CaliforniaDecember 31, 2014
Pros: my mamger was a great person to work along side with and lots of laughter.
I was working there as a student working as a assistant, I worked on everything such as, taking calls and help the students that were on deferred loans, also did all the filing and coping and assisted my manager with anything he asked of me to do. I had to leave due to my graduation.
Professional atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2014
Professional personnel, learned different methods of charting files. My co-workers where very professional and helped the students find externship sites and jobs.
Exciting workplace
Instructor/Externship Coordinator MA (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 29, 2014
Develop a learning environment in the classroom to faciliate positive transfer of knowledge between instructor and student for the Medical Assisting program. Responsible for coordinating, facilitating and supervising the externship training and transition from class to externship.
Positive fun working environment
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: cold office
On a typical day, I assist in updating student profile info for incoming new students, issue new and replacement student IDs, and prepare documentation packets for new student orientations. My coworkers are the best part of my job. They have such a great attitude about their assignments and truly do their best to aid any and every student that is in need of assistance. The most enjoyable aspect would be my involvement in campus activities. I am usually tasked with directing students to the appropriate location, answering questions and taking event pictures to be posted on the school's various social media sites. From my experience with management, issues are handled promptly and judiciously. In this position I have sharpened my interoffice interfacing abilities and developed a greater interest in servicing the public.
My point of view
College Instructor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: watching students advancement
ACC is a well rounded education nursing program that cares about the outcome of their students. My associates are dedicated to improving the lives of each student.
Great team enviroment and good company to work for.
Career Service Specialist (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMay 29, 2014
Create business relationships with Pharmacy's to seek employment opportunitys for our graduates from the Pharmacy Technician Program. Learn to listen and work in a team enviroment. Help teach graduates with professionalism to get started in there careers.
Most enjoyable part of the job is finding the opportunity's and seeing our graduates getting started in their careers.
GREAT SCHOOL TO ATTEND
Surgical Tech Student (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great program
Cons: non
VERY DEMANDING PROGRAM, STAFF VERY KNOWLEDGABLE , EVERY STAFF HAS AT LEAST 10 YEARS IN THEIR FIELD, IN VARIOUS AREAS.
Strong focus on academics.
Campus Director, Director of Education (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 7, 2014
Great company, great management, great professionals. Strong emphasis on students' achieving their goals.
Busy environment
Financial Aid Liaison / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2014
American Career College is a trade school in which students attend to make a better life for themselves
Has potentional with a little more work on few areas
Clinical Coordinator / Instructor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 31, 2014
The school has potential as far as location, look and overall first impresion. I worked with dedicated professionals and they seem to be happy.
Excellent learning/career experience
Vocational Nurse Intern (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 2, 2014
An excellent facility where the instructors are well versed in their learning material, and the education is worth the time and money.
Great place to work at learned alot of skills
Default Prevention Assistant (Current Employee), Ontario, CANovember 20, 2013
busy mailing out receiving deferments and forbearance forms I learned to file data entry, handle confidential information daily set up exit counseling classes use Microsoft excel.
Educational
Surgical Technology Instructor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor interdepartmental management; alot of favoritism
Excellent benefits and staff development; good marketing
Established College
MA Externship Coordinator/MA Instructor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: professional
Cons: too much turn over
Had many satisfying times there. Clean surroundings, mostly friendly people.
Helps out while you are in school.
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: you get to know the campus and staff.
Cons: very short breaks.
This job gave me the opportunity to balance school and work.

1 2 3