American Century Investments

American Century Investments Employee Reviews

Great mission
Vice President - Sales Technology & Operations (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 24, 2014
Going through change; market performance has helped; question of culture with the passing of the Founder. Good people
This job was hectic especially in the mornings.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
Here I learned to be flexible with my time. I had to be in the office at five o'clock in the morning when the companies were reporting their earnings and I needed to get the international information.
Great benefits - team outings & free lunches
Client Specialist Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2014
Pros: benefits - health, vacation, time off for good performance
Processing requests on accounts, able to work on own. Learned alot about investing and the different type of investment accounts. Management was very busy with other projects. Co-workers are amazing, helpful and made the day go by fast. Hardest part of job is during tax season. Most enjoyable part of job was all the benefits they offer.
Friendly environment in a face paced market.
Client Service Representative (seasonal) (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 21, 2014
Very friendly environment in a fast paced market.

Typical day includes working directly to completing investors financial requests or account maintenance. Problem resolution includes direct contact with client to resolve situation.
A very good midwestern company
Marketing Director (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2014
Pros: job security, good work/life balance
Cons: cultural change-- becoming less midwestern in terms of culture
A good solid midwestern company going through some cultural changes as new management makes changes.
Summary
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2014
Typical work was all completed at your own desk in a cubicle, which became very monotonous.
Excellent Company
Senior Account Administrator Learning Quest Kansas (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2013
Pros: i learned about financial marekts and investing.
Cons: small family owned company evolved into a larger less personal corporate feeling
I received phone calls from financial advisers who sold Learning Quest, the Kansas 529 College Savings Plans to their clients. I would work through service or processing issues to provide an excellent customer experience,. I also wrote correspondence for the Service Department.
Conservative company
Investment Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: great benefits, considerable amount of pto, lots of free food throughout the year.
Cons: after reaching a certain plateau, difficult to move up. outside hiring for coveted fund research and management positions.
American Century Investments will never be in the news for a scandal. The policies and procedures reflect a conservative mentality in all areas of the business to keep this true. At times its easy to relate to frustrated clients who are working though certain requirements. Although, I believe the benefits out weigh the costs.

The founder has always been very generous to the employees and the company has remained this way.

Upper management and fund managers frequently holds seminars during the lunch hour. These provide a fascinating insight to their daily work. However, after a point, these seemed to tease me since the ability to grow within the company was limited.
Productive and fun place with a friendly atmosphere
Middle Office Operations Internship (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2012
* I would work on 4 account reconciliations every morning and 1 in the afternoon. I was also a liasion between brokers and custodians for trade settlements.
* The floor that I worked on was extremely friendly. The managers, even the ones that I didn't work for, knew everyone on the floor and would stop and talk to me throughout the day.
A rewarding workplace with outstanding work/life balance
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2012
Pros: benefits, compenstation, pto & location
Cons: culture, quality of work
I sincerely enjoyed my time with American Century. The culture was undergoing some significant change while I was there and this was accelerated by the market collapse in 2008.

While I was caught up in the layoffs due to the market decline I still keep in touch with many of co-workers because we formed such close relationships.

I'd definitely consider returning to American Century for the right opportunity.