American Century Investments Employee Reviews

Overall a great place
Property and Tenant Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 23, 2017
It was a wonderful experience overall. I learned so much! However, there was definitely issues in some departments with discrimination and harassment.
benefits
Cons
sexism, too many meetings....
Not extremely stable
Marketing Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2017
Claim they want change but not good agents for change

High turnover in management

Only want you if you are young, don't value knnowledge of older working force

Behind the times in technology
Pros
Lots of employee perks - happy hours, etc
Cons
no loyalty
Good culture and leadership
Priority Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2017
I worked here long ago, but at the time I appreciated the leadership and culture of the company. They no longer have an office in Denver, so I'm not sure how helpful this review is.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
High call volumes
Reliable place to work
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2017
This place has gone through a lot of changes to adapt to the new corporate world (2016 to 2017). It's Stu a great place to work, my department is very flexible with emergencies. The comoany wants you to excel in your career.
Hometown culture in the Financial Industry Field
PROJECT MANAGER, CLIENT OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2017
American Century grew up in Kansas City MO and was lead by individuals who created a mutual fund product line up that could compete and outshine any funds products being offered by more traditional and established financial industry leaders. They cared about their customers and their employees and developed a hometown atmosphere that thrived under their leadership.
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2017
Amazing company that offered competitive salaries and amazing work life balance. Fun environment and great team work. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to relocate to Kansas City area.
Great company!
Business Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2017
Work at own pace
Great Culture in company but not in all departments
Great people
They bring in lunch on busy days
hard to advance
Client experience is important
amazing place
Senior Associate, Middle Office (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 20, 2017
best people, amazing company, love, love, love it. this is one of the best companies I have worked for. there is great training, the staff is friendly and hard working.
Pros
everything is a great place to work at
Amazing place to work
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 19, 2017
This is an amazing establishment, with open minded and fair management. The benefits have been very rewarding and the time I have spent has been great
Former employee, seems great the first few months-
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2017
Due to 1 year non disclosure agreement I can't go into specifics, but was treated great the first few months. 5 different benefits disconinued in 1.5 year time frame. One of the best and worst managers I've ever had. Treated like an expendible piece of garbage, do what they say or be gone. You will be asked to do unethical things eventually if you're there long enough.
Pros
Investment education
Cons
Poor treatment, continued benefit reductions, unethical actions
Good job right out of college
Investment Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2017
Great place to work with excellent benefits! Job wasn't the right place for me personally. But, I did learn a lot from this job regarding both my personal finances as well as just in general finances and investing.
Disappointing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2017
The job and experience has been disappointing; Not what I expected; Very political and favoritism prevails; Hierarchical with limited ability to impact decisions;
Amazing workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2017
If you want a place to grow within and have a family feel this is the place. Management will help you grow as much as you want and are their to help you. Great benefits and great work environment.
Great Company
National Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2017
Great culture good people. Strong work pays off. Forward thinking management.

They care about their employees and treat their own well. Gym and cafeteria in top condition for breaks.
American Century is a great place to work.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/SENIOR HR COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 16, 2017
American Century Investments offers a generous benefits package and is a great place to work. It feels good to work for a company whose profits go to support cancer research.
Simply the Best!
Information Center Associate | Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 25, 2017
My experience with ACI has led me to acknowledge that it's the best company I have ever worked for. Managers aimed to help their employees succeed and even helped them apply to other jobs within the company, as my managers did for me on two occasions. They actually care about you, and it's shown. ACI groomed its employees for promotions, management, and other responsibilities. Because ACI invested in their employees' career growth, employees felt motivated and passionate about their work. They are an ethical and fun investment management firm.
Pros
Positive work environment where everyone was respected and treated well, great benefits and PTO, better-than-average raises and annual bonuses, fun atmostphere, happy people, job cross-training opportunities, thorough and enjoyable training
Cons
None that I can think of!
great starter job- learned immensely
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
I've learned to juggle various tasks at once, which I enjoy. I enjoy being busy and working with little oversight from management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low morale
Loved working with my fellow officers but managment does not have your back
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 3, 2017
Great benefits and plenty of hours to work OT. Was given pretty good raises and a bonus each year. Too bad upper management and HR doesn't have your back. They will fire you on hear say if someone says something bad about you. Management never works holidays or nights. You will be forced to stay over if someone is late.
Pros
A free meal every now and then
Cons
Bad management, upper managment plays favorites.
Productive place to work with ping pong, mini golf, dartboards and shuffleboard.
SAFETY AND SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 10, 2016
*Patrol the interior and exterior of American Century Investments property.
*Work the control center which consists of monitoring cameras, alarms, checking in and out access badges as well as answering the phone and exterior call boxes.
*Sit a front desks and greet and check in visitors.
*Hardest part of the job is the control center as you are the only one in there and you have to do many things at the same time.
*Most enjoyable for me is when I get to work on anything related to access control or investigating situations that a rise.
High level customer service
executive assistant in Financial business (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 3, 2016
An ordinary day is requests from VPs needing supplies/booklets put together for 50 to 100 people who want to decide on their portfolio for retirement.
Preparing PowerPoint presentations, Excel spread sheets, budget reports.
Coordinating a recognition event by picking caterers, negotiating price per person, entertainment, etc.
Negotiating contracts with hotels for events.
I enjoyed my job because I thrive on new challenges and being successful.

I am retired from full-time work and would prefer a part-time position working events in the Frisco area. I am familiar with the new Star facility.