American City Business Journals

American City Business Journals Employee Reviews

Account Distribution Equity
Local Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good corporate parent, exceptional sales training, good it support
Cons: the share of market in print and digital advertising is shrinking rapidly, little growth opportunity
This company is going through some serious growing pains in moving out of the 80's or "the way we have always done it". They have a new and highly qualified Publisher (senior manager) who is having to unravel and re-format processes, and harness technology to do more for productivity. The distribution of the major categories is not equitable for the sales team; one does very well and the others struggle. The hardest part of the job is finding viable customer candidates in secondary business categories. Individually, nearly everybody there is a "good person", but a long-time manager creates chaos simply to try to create an appearance of being "vital" to the company.
Business Development at American City Business Journals
General Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 21, 2013
The digital area was a growing part of the business. There were a lot of good successes there, but the company found itself in a tough situation once the 2008 recession hit. I left to avoid an impending layoff.
Amazing JOB!
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2012
Pros: flexible, co-workers, management
Cons: advancement, can get too comfortable
I absolutely love working here. This was my first job in my career field. I've been here for 5+ years - straight out of college. I've learned a lot of things as far as the career path I've chosen. I've learned how to apply my studies to real life situations and to think more outside the box. The atmosphere here is incredible - everyone is like family. The only two cons I can think of is advancement and you can get TOO comfortable. The job is very flexible but it's hard to advance. Like I said, everyone here is like family. Everyone here has worked here for more than 5+ years. Management really care about everyone here. I would recommend this job to anyone. Especially individuals straight out of college looking for a starting point.
Great place to gain experience but.....
Market Support Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: low pay, many tasks
This employer is very vocal about advancing within the company and training on new positions of interest but when something is available they do not consider you for the new opening and they do not let you train on company time. They are very negative about performance and do not give recognition when you do something correctly

American City Business Journals Salaries