American Classifieds

American Classifieds Employer Reviews

Set sales goals and achieved them.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: sales contests monthly
Cons: n/a
* Top Performer out of (10) salespeople in 2004 through 2006
* Leader in acquiring new business.
* Generated new National account business
* Cultivated existing customer base, growing their business through professional service
Small family office where all are welcome
Customer Service (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOOctober 29, 2013
If you like talking on the phone, this is the place to be. We were on the phone all day, but still found time to have fun. Office parties, birthday lunches. I absolutely adored the gals I worked with, we formed long term friendships even after I stopped working there.
Very fast paced production on a daily time limit
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 3, 2013
Pros: worked with very great team;tickets to any upcoming event!
Cons: short breaks, very tedious, long hours
I was an out side account executive. I would come in email proofs of advertising spots to run that week for approval. Go out and solicit new accounts while maintaining my weekly list. Make sure all spots were approved before they ran in our weekly paper. Increased revenue and account list 40% in the first year. Loved my job and everyone I worked with
Very challenging and encouraging job
Delivery Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this job. I had a supervisor who was a great example to bosses everywhere. He really cared about his delivery employees. I was allowed to develop a spreadsheet system that was efficient and productive. I managed to reduce my work by more than half, while increasing this department's responsibilities immensely. I found this job challenging – more... and enjoyable. – less
Best family company!
ADMINISTRATIVE SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 14, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
This was my favorite company to work for. It is small and the owners manage the place. Everyone is family there. It almost excuses the fact that there is little pay when working clerical but if you work in sales, the sky is the limit. Love this place
So nice!
Ad Taker (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMay 7, 2013
Pros: great lunch break time, fair pay, great schedule, great management
Cons: sometimes very fast paced, but is that really bad? not really
I loved working for American Classifieds. The staff was amazing, and honestly just all over very nice to be around. The owner is a wonderful person and really cares about his employees.
Fun workplace except rude callers, very productive
Reception Mon-Wed & Fri Thurs Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 26, 2013
Pros: easy work environment & breaks whenever needed
Cons: health insurance &friendly co-workers
Loved my manager, hardest part was dealing with call backs to rude people. I answered the phones & entered ads into the computer. Thursdays I got to deliver the papers & get out of the office. Good health insurance!
exciting job
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont TexasFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: i was able to be with my kids every evening.
Cons: the owners each had a different set of rules.
I got to see different people everyday, and go to different cities within my area.
Bosses were a little crazy, but very understanding
Front Counter Sales/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: long lunches, good hours
Cons: bosses are a little crazy
Once you get the hang of your job, the bosses cut the apron strings and let you do it! They also understood sick time and family leave very well. The pay was not very good, but there was room for you to increase it through commission.
EXCELLENT JOB
Account Executive Advertising Consultant (Current Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 29, 2012
SALES AND MARKETING,B2B WORKING WITH BUSINESS OWNERS AND BUILDING A MARKETING PLAN.
Easy job
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mobile, ALSeptember 23, 2012
Not much training but alot of flexibility. Typical week would be so repetitive and it gets old. I love the people and am still friends with them all
I loved my sales job, Loved everyone there, We were as close as family, however the business had to make some cut backs. Very unfortunate I was one
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mobile and surrounding areasAugust 20, 2012
Pros: very busy, meeting with new clients, most important of them all generating new business for you as well as clients, loving watching all your hard work pay off, etc
Cons: very competitive world in sales, working in the heat in summer
Meeting at 8 am. Go to office cold call, try and set up appointments for the week. Go to existing customers,as well as building accounts. Management was awesome,as well as co-workers. The hardest part of my job was having to work alot of hours. Meeting new people learning new things.Proving just how ease it is to build accounts if you work!
Receptionist
Receptionist/ Sales (Former Employee), Farmington, NMAugust 14, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: no cons
My typical day was making sure everything was set up for the day and answering phones and helping the sales department sale advertisement
Great place to work.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), ProductionJanuary 16, 2012
Pros: they pay for dinner when we work late.
Cons: no healthcare, part-time position.
This is a wonderful place to work. I have enjoyed my time at American Classified. It is just time for me to find a full-time job.
Fun and a great job to meet people.
Newspaper girl (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CoJanuary 11, 2012
Pros: i drive around delivering papers, i don't have constant supervison.
Cons: i don't receive benifits.
I love working for the American Classifieds because I travel through the springs area to different shops!! I meet people as well!! I resently had a son and I still had my job when I was able to work again!! My boss is a great person to work for!!!

About American Classifieds

American Classifieds has been a household name for over 35 years and has published more than 400 million private party classified – Read more