American Classifieds Employee Reviews in United States

Worst company I ever worked for
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoFebruary 17, 2016
The owner of the Boise American Classifieds has serious issues. Saw him literally on top of a desk screaming at an employee. Work life balance horrible. Not sure if lights will stay on or not because his book keeping is non existent and horrible.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Terrible boss, terrible pay
great place to work
Sales Representative/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 18, 2016
too much positive to mention...id be here forever.!!!!! inside/outside sales . lots of driving to businesses I solicited asking each client to give me the opportunity in helping their business grow & and generate sales. I did all my invoicing & collections from each client.
Pros
conventions.sales awards
Great fellow co-workers
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 6, 2015
Management was not a pleasant person to deal with. The owner was a very self-centered person and acted like his employees were not good enough to even speak to.
Stay away from this place!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 21, 2015
not a great place, no advancement opportunities, management is terrible. Management has ran all the good people off, repeat, stay away from this place!
On the Decline
General Manager and Share Holder, Greensboro, NC (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2014
This classified advertising company has lost the print franchise in all markets due to the growth of the Internet. It's just an industry that's disappearing. Good people are just having to re-invent and adapt to new careers.
Pros
fair and friendly management
A great company to work for.
Graphic Design Artist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 16, 2014
I love my job and the people I work with and for. It's a fun environment. I enjoy the new challenges as technology advances.
Pros
great managers
Cons
the company is downsizing
Set sales goals and achieved them.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJanuary 2, 2014
* Top Performer out of (10) salespeople in 2004 through 2006
* Leader in acquiring new business.
* Generated new National account business
* Cultivated existing customer base, growing their business through professional service
Pros
sales contests monthly
Cons
n/a
Small family office where all are welcome
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOOctober 29, 2013
If you like talking on the phone, this is the place to be. We were on the phone all day, but still found time to have fun. Office parties, birthday lunches. I absolutely adored the gals I worked with, we formed long term friendships even after I stopped working there.
Very fast paced production on a daily time limit
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 3, 2013
I was an out side account executive. I would come in email proofs of advertising spots to run that week for approval. Go out and solicit new accounts while maintaining my weekly list. Make sure all spots were approved before they ran in our weekly paper. Increased revenue and account list 40% in the first year. Loved my job and everyone I worked with
Pros
worked with very great team;tickets to any upcoming event!
Cons
short breaks, very tedious, long hours
Very challenging and encouraging job
Delivery Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this job. I had a supervisor who was a great example to bosses everywhere. He really cared about his delivery employees. I was allowed to develop a spreadsheet system that was efficient and productive. I managed to reduce my work by more than half, while increasing this department's responsibilities immensely. I found this job challenging and enjoyable.
Best family company!
ADMINISTRATIVE SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 14, 2013
This was my favorite company to work for. It is small and the owners manage the place. Everyone is family there. It almost excuses the fact that there is little pay when working clerical but if you work in sales, the sky is the limit. Love this place
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
So nice!
Ad Taker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 7, 2013
I loved working for American Classifieds. The staff was amazing, and honestly just all over very nice to be around. The owner is a wonderful person and really cares about his employees.
Pros
great lunch break time, fair pay, great schedule, great management
Cons
sometimes very fast paced, but is that really bad? not really
Fun workplace except rude callers, very productive
Reception Mon-Wed & Fri Thurs Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 26, 2013
Loved my manager, hardest part was dealing with call backs to rude people. I answered the phones & entered ads into the computer. Thursdays I got to deliver the papers & get out of the office. Good health insurance!
Pros
easy work environment & breaks whenever needed
Cons
health insurance &friendly co-workers
exciting job
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont TexasFebruary 17, 2013
I got to see different people everyday, and go to different cities within my area.
Pros
i was able to be with my kids every evening.
Cons
the owners each had a different set of rules.
Bosses were a little crazy, but very understanding
Front Counter Sales/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 10, 2013
Once you get the hang of your job, the bosses cut the apron strings and let you do it! They also understood sick time and family leave very well. The pay was not very good, but there was room for you to increase it through commission.
Pros
long lunches, good hours
Cons
bosses are a little crazy
Excellent job
Account Executive Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 29, 2012
Sales and marketing,b2b working with business owners and building a marketing plan.
Easy job
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 23, 2012
Not much training but alot of flexibility. Typical week would be so repetitive and it gets old. I love the people and am still friends with them all
I loved my sales job, Loved everyone there, We were as close as family, however the business had to make some cut backs. Very unfortunate I was one
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mobile and surrounding areasAugust 20, 2012
Meeting at 8 am. Go to office cold call, try and set up appointments for the week. Go to existing customers,as well as building accounts. Management was awesome,as well as co-workers. The hardest part of my job was having to work alot of hours. Meeting new people learning new things.Proving just how ease it is to build accounts if you work!
Pros
very busy, meeting with new clients, most important of them all generating new business for you as well as clients, loving watching all your hard work pay off, etc
Cons
very competitive world in sales, working in the heat in summer
Receptionist
Receptionist/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 14, 2012
My typical day was making sure everything was set up for the day and answering phones and helping the sales department sale advertisement
Pros
hours
Cons
no cons
Great place to work.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  ProductionJanuary 16, 2012
This is a wonderful place to work. I have enjoyed my time at American Classified. It is just time for me to find a full-time job.
Pros
they pay for dinner when we work late.
Cons
no healthcare, part-time position.