American College Of Cardiology

American College Of Cardiology Employer Reviews

Great Company to work for
Sr. Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2014
Great Company to work for. Fun and knowledgeable staff. Great opportunity to gain insight into healthcare systems and Cardiology practices.
Another Day, Another Opportunity
EA to the CLO/SVP of Lifelong Learning (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 6, 2013
Pros: work / life balance, comprehensive employee benefits, generous vacation package
Cons: high attrition, slow advancement
Coming into my office I find a daily invigoration that I will affect change today. I provide a wide range of operational and strategic support taking assignments, carrying them out and reporting back, with supervisory oversight from other executives when necessary. I provide Division-wide project management and support for programs housed in the ACC's – more... Lifelong Learning Division. Internal management of volunteer physician member committees and work groups that oversee Lifelong Learning and Education Quality; project support to ACC's governance operations, senior leadership, and Board of Trustees; meeting and event planning and coordination; Sharepoint and social media administration; special assistance to the Chief Learning Officer and Senior Vice President of Lifelong Learning; and ongoing projects for various educational programs and initiatives. I am a strong team player with a positive can-do attitude with high ethical standards, and I am capable of carrying out multiple projects while prioritizing tasks.

I have learned that ACC is a member organization that would allow me to autonomously create and execute my ideas with either success or failure all the while providing the best cardiac education to patients, members and staff that is tops in the industry. I had many opportunities to work with world leading cardiologists in committee meetings and work groups to plan the future of education in cardiology. I found I needed to stay alert and attuned to my environment to creat opportunities. This helped me figure out how I might shift my work in a direction that really mattered. One of the biggest things I learned was to have space on my schedule so I could clearly think if I was focusing on the right things for me. This provided me clarity and allowed me to work on other things I found important to me. When I signed up for a project that spanned across the entire organization's businesses, hierarchies and function specialities and working on our new code of conduct, I found that I was able to gain experience across business lines outside of my comfort zone and silo.

My immediate manager is a wonderful human being and the consummate professional. She taught me two very important lessons. First, always speak of others as they are sitting right next to you. This has helped me keep my ethics and reputation in check. Secondly, continue to work on my delegating skills. I look back retrospectively on this repeatedly to remind myself that I advanced in my management career primarily excelling at operational work, but kept going at it long after I could have delegated it to others. While this is a general departure from my authentic behavior and comfort zone, I usually find that I have gained back a good portion of my day to do other work or projects I had passion on. My annual evaluations she writes that I exceed expectations and that I am one of the most dependable and flexible person on her staff. I think this is mostly because of my ability to act as an air traffic controller for the division with confidence while representing her and her office with transparency and integrity. I have to handle change, challenges, and tasks with an open mind and willingness to adapt to the surroundings. I remain confident, not arrogant and an always who I am, not who I think you want me to be allowing me to represent the office I work for.

I feel the leadership team was great. They maintain a deep sense of belonging together while honoring your autonomy. They are genuine with getting to know you and your interests and how can they contribute to your work and personal goals and aspirations. These personal connections create a trust that not many will ever experience.

My colleagues are simply a fantastic group of people to know and partner with. I am fortunate to be surrounded by smart, caring and funny bunch. My co-workers often notice that I have a positive outlook and can make other people smile. They say I have a cool head with others. Most of my colleagues have noted that I am nearly the last one to leave in the evening ensuring we are set and prepared for the next day. Through my experiences, I continued to learn different management styles, thought processes, and strategies for maintaining cooperation in a group project setting.

There is nothing in my current position that I find overly difficult. There are aspects of the position I enjoy more than others. I find great joy in being of service to a C-Suite executive, members of a medical speciality association and interacting in a strong, intelligent and supportive environment. I express the most passion for those tasks most important to my role and enjoy least those tasks that are unimportant to my current position.

My current job has been wonderful because I get to split my time between creative and organizational tasks. I love having that duality, because when I get stuck on the creative stuff, I can switch gears and do the organizational stuff. It’s nice being stimulated by my work. I love being able to be proud of the work I do, asking people to support missions that I believe are important. I appreciate the autonomy (amidst camaraderie in the department), the fact that my boss will always intervene if necessary and having coworkers in roles that that they love. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Product Owner | Business Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 5, 2013
Great Team and Great people and cause to work for. Patient Safety is very important in the work you do at the college
.net developer/sharepoint developer
Sr.Technical Consultant for .Net/Sharepoint (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 16, 2013
looking for the positions only in MD, VA, DC area. It was really nice working their and i have various certifications.
A great place to work
Associate Specialist (Former Employee), Washington DCApril 6, 2013
A great place to work with people who were knowledgeable and informative. I made many contacts and friends while i was there
High turnover rate here...your are replaceable.
Senior Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits.
Cons: to many to list...you are replaceable is the attitude.
The culture at ACC has changed. It used to be such a great place but has gone downhill fast. No mentorship at all, your given assignments with such little directions or planning. So much work is double work because management is so back and forth it can't make a decision or doesn't disclose everything for the assignment. In the last 3 years the turn – more... over has been astounding people are here one day and gone the next which has created a culture of fear for our jobs. People are very unhappy, overworked, and leaving or trying to leave for a reason. No career development opportunities and very limited advancement. – less
ACC is a non-profit member organization providing excellent services and support for their membership.
Director, Logistics (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 8, 2012
I was encouraged to learn new skills and grow with the organization during my 15 year tenure. It is unfortunate that a combination of rapid staff growth and an unforeseen economic downturn resulted in the elimination of my job. I greatly enjoyed my work during the time I was there and had no intention of leaving this organization. In fact, I was hoping – more... to still be with them until I was ready to retire. – less