This contracted position maintains critical enterprise-level web applications supporting the mission of ACTCM. This position also consults on the web environment, contributing to the design and development of web applications and tools. The Web Developer is involved in projects related to the CMS, forms, event calendars, the future portal/intranet, and other social media and web-based platforms. The position is supervised by the Communications Coordinator.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1980, ACTCM is one of the oldest traditional Chinese medicine colleges in the country. ACTCM offers two degree programs: Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MSTCM) and Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) in addition to housing an Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic, several off-site clinics around the Bay Area and classes for the public. ACTCM has been honored for its curriculum, faculty and clinic, and voted "Best of the Bay" by both the San Francisco Weekly and the San Francisco Bay Guardian.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, test and implement new web applications to meet the needs of the College (including blogging platforms, portal integration, social media integration, and forms).
- Assess and gather feedback about functionality and availability of tools. Research and pursue opportunities for new tools, standards, products, and solutions within the higher education and general web communities.
- Plan, oversee, and assist in the development, purchase, and/or implementation of new web services tools and extensions to existing tools.
- Coordinate the documentation of web services tools and the communication of new tools and features.
- Assist with administration and management of any future portal or intranet systems.
- Support the development of new page templates and functionality for the CMS.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and three to five years’ experience in
communications, web technology or a related field, preferably at an educational institution
- Previous system administration experience for CMS, portal and intranet systems
- Experience in web development including social media API and integration with enterprise systems
- Experience supporting and administering web-based tools and systems like forms, blogging platforms, and
- Knowledge of web tools, web programming, and dynamic web applications. Expertise in HTML advanced
- Knowledge of web standards, web usability and design, and web accessibility guidelines and requirements
- Knowledge of streaming media, web graphics, audio and video
- Understanding of relational database technologies and design with a working knowledge of one or more of
the following DBMS products: MySQL, MS SQL, or Oracle
- Knowledge of social software and emerging trends in web technology
Founded in 1980, ACTCM is one of the oldest traditional Chinese medicine colleges in the country. ACTCM offers two degree programs: Master...