If you enjoy the fast paced, exciting environment of expos/events/consumer trade shows you’ll love coming to work every day. Our Long Island location in Syosset, NY has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Assistant.
American Consumer Shows (ACS) is the premier event management company in the home improvement industry. We are seeking ‘customer service focused’ administrative professionals to work within our Marketing Department. Individual must be friendly, positive and articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be conscientious, highly organized, able to work independently and as a team player, be computer literate, have excellent research and follow up skills, and very strong attention to detail. We require experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, ACT! and the Internet, as well as the ability to learn and utilize in-house industry specific software applications.
Individual must work with a sense of urgency and be results-oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast paced sales and service environment that is focused on growth.
Limited travel and weekend work is required during show season
This is a great career opportunity with responsibilities including the following:
- Administrative support for the marketing department including proofreading, faxing, filing, copying, and mailing out packages
- Compile and produce show advertising results and sponsorship recaps
- Customer service –respond to requests for advertising related assistance
- Produce and update sales and marketing materials
- Track and maintain inventory of marketing materials
- Track daily newspaper, radio and TV positioning and airtime
- Update and execute email blast marketing campaigns (experience with Constant Contact, or similar types of email marketing sites is required)
- Plus additional functions as needed
Skills/Qualifications: Associates degree or better; knowledge of operation of standard office equipment, knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping, reporting skills, administrative writing skills, Microsoft Office skills, organization, analyzing information, and problem solving.
ONLY EXTREMELY ORGANIZED AND DETAILED PERSONS NEED APPLY
Position Type: Full time, employee Salary: $28 - $30K
For consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements as a Word attachment. Only candidates that meet the specified criteria will be contacted.
Local Applicants Only
EOE, M/F, D/V