American Crystal Sugar Company

American Crystal Sugar Company Employer Reviews

Challenging job.
General Laborer (Former Employee), East Grand Forks, MNOctober 29, 2013
Working 12 hour days made it easy to get overtime at least one week per month.
You worked three weeks and then had a week off.
You were eligible for their 401-K plan when hired.
Good benifits, High pay rate
CNC Machinist/Programmer (Current Employee), Drayton, NDOctober 6, 2013
Pros: benifits, wage
Cons: some employees, union politics
ACSC in Drayton is a real solid workplace. I have a great job and benefits for my family and myself. I could probly retire here if I wanted to with no problem for the next 30 years.
Poor Place To Work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Crookston, MNSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: managment wages
Cons: short or no breaks, low wages for union personal, favortisim
I was a Production Supervisor in the Crookston, MN plant, I was able to see not only the Management side of things but also the union side as well. This is nothing short of a hostile work environment for not only the union folks but also the lower management folks as well. I was called into the office numerous times for not only stupid stuff that typical – more... employees complained about but for things that made no sense at all! Everything is hush hush around the plant, the pay is very substandard for the union environment, however the pay was good for the production supervisors. My boss made 98,000 a year for sitting on his butt doing nothing but emails when I made 60,000 working my tail off. I received no formal training what so ever!!!! I also never even received new employee orientation, I was just handed a white hat and said here you go now figure out your job. As a manager you should be trained on company policies and procedures so you know what your enforcing. I have been in the food industry for over 15 years and at this plant anything with common sense is strictly out the door. Once again this is a very poor place to work unless you have exhausted all other avenues. If possible get in with the union so you have a leg to stand on when American Crystal thinks you did something wrong! – less
Productive work place but no time for life out of work.
Production Operator (Current Employee), Moorhead, MNNovember 12, 2012
Pros: good pay.
Cons: hostile work enviroment and no room for advancement
I work a rotating work schedule, one week 8-4, two days off then 7 days of 4-12 then two days off, and 7 days of 12-8am.
Was a good place to work until employee lock-out in 2011
Maintenance (Former Employee), Moorhead, MNJuly 2, 2012
Pros: decent pay and benifits
Cons: some of the management were uncaring about the employees.
Was a good place to work until employee lock-out in 2011. Before this time I enjoyed working with the employees and management at the Moorhead facility.

American Crystal Sugar Company Photos