American Dental Partners, Inc. Employee Reviews

Wouldn't recommend it
PSR (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNSeptember 11, 2017
The company only cares about making money. The benefits are insanely expansive and don't cover much. The degree of protocol is almost harassment level. The pay is a joke. They schedule you for 7 hour shifts so they don't have to give you a break, but you're almost always there at least an hour or more past your scheduled time and most of the time the front desk is alone so there is no one to cover for you if you need a break of any kind. Upper management does not care one bit about the opinions of the staff. They have people making the protocol for what they think would work best who have never worked on the floor or in the positions and refuse to take input from this of us who do know what happens. Patients are allowed to speak to the staff however they want and management always takes the patients side, never defending the staff for doing what they are supposed to do even when being cursed at by patients. The staff is always wrong and thrown under the bus no matter what. There is also no room for growth.
Pros
Free dental
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Changing for the Better
resource group (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAAugust 4, 2017
Been at the National office for 5 years, there are a lot of changes happening in management that I think are for the better. Programs are being developed to make improvements for all employees, including the doctors, Patient Service Reps and Hygienists that we support. Each dental group we partner with is unique and it is nice to get to work with a variety of people from across the country who all care so much about providing great patient care. My manager is new and is very supportive of our team.
Pros
Changing culture, team atmosphere, people
Run away!
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mallard creekJuly 21, 2017
Very difficult schedule. The more the DA's do, the more the dentist can sit in his office and play video games, even if it means the DA's do duties that by law, the dentist with a horrible attitude should be doing but would not lend a hand. And if something goes wrong, it's the patient and the DA that suffers.
The dentist will gossip about staff to other dentists which is so unprofessional.
Don't waste your time.
Pros
Some nice staffers
Cons
Dentist with bad attitude
Production mill
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 15, 2017
My first job out of school over 10 years ago. I was placed in a practice with a 75 year old doctor (who was the previous owner of the practice) who went through a lot of associates. I was one of them. Management didn't care to help. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way they say...
Be prepared to be overworked and under paid
Licensed Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 13, 2017
I have worked for the company for over 8 years and I have over 25 years of chairside assisting experience and I am only making $20 per hour. They have been giving me the corporate run around on this issue for the past year. As you can see, the assistants are dropping like flies and they are in high demand.
Cons
No scheduled breaks
Not a great place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 12, 2017
Extremely long hours and weekends. Staff never leaves on time,work almost an hour behind daily. Seldomly get a full lunch,if we get one at all. Management is poor,doesn't care about staff.incentives set up for office managers,causes unreachable goals,such as inability to order supplies needed and always understaffed. Doctors and management do not see eye to eye. No raises ever given. Management makes you feel like you can not take your earned vacation time. Not a friendly working environment for mothers. Management says sick children are not a reason to have a day off and will repremand you. Mandatory meetings are sprung on you,causing you to leave late or "work" on your day off,if you have one. All in all,was an awful place to work.
Pros
Doctors are very friendly
Cons
Poor management
Dental Hygienist
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
I worked at an American Dental Partners group, (Carus Dental) for six years. I really enjoyed my co-workers, we worked as a team. We also got to do some fun stuff like free CE's and community service.
We had a hygiene mentor if we had questions and the appointment times were longer than standard. The only drawback is it takes a little longer to learn their software, but at least we had training to learn it. We used to not have vacation pay but I heard that they do now.
Pros
Longer appointments, teamwork, free CE
Cons
Software takes time to learn
great co-workers, horrible communication from corporate
accountant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 1, 2017
great co-workers, horrible communication from corporate, raises are rare, nice benefits package but family benefits are incredibly expensive, lots of turnover at corporate office
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
horrible communication from corporate
Very stressful work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Squirrel Hill, PAMay 23, 2017
I had to quit. This company is all about quanity not quality of the patients. The specific office I worked in seen 60-70 patients a day. The workload is beyond impossible to complete. The scheduling is the absolute worst. When clinical calls off, you have to call every patient to reschedule constantly. The management is a JOKE. There's NO communication at all. They say you get training but really there's no training. As your working, there's a computer system you must complete while doing all your other work. It takes months to complete. The pay is decent but not enough to deal with the stress. I would never recommend anyone to work here. I'm serious, you will regret it.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Poor management & communication
Official response from American Dental Partners, Inc.
May 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our patient service representatives are critical to the success of their practice, and to forming strong patient relationships. This information is helpful as we continue to identify areas of needed improvement.

Bs
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 25, 2017
Not worth the time and energy that you dedicate to this company..All nitpicking and no appreciation. All corporate and no caring for the common employees.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Corporate, low pay..even less loyalty to its employees

Want to know more about American Dental Partners, Inc.?

Ask a question
Micromanagement, long hours, no management support
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indialantic, FLApril 25, 2017
Hardly any support from management, they are never at work. The Director is clueless, bad things going on right under his nose and he is oblivious or just ignores it. He likes to keeps everything secret and compartmentalized, like "if I tell you then I have to kill you". Never thankful.
Retaliation is the PM motto for all the managers especially the south brevard pm Seb. High school behavior. Wolf in sheep's clothing.
Gossip, gossip, gossip, backstabbing is the only way to get anywhere in this company. The Boss doctor cares nothing for his other employees unless they are another doctor.
High turnover, understaffed, overworked, unappreciated. Poor management.
Pros
Sonetimes free lunch, decent salary
Cons
Overworked, under appreciated, poor management
Productive department with helpful and friendly employees
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 20, 2017
Contract position that I wish could have become permanent. The Team Leader and Trainer were extremely helpful in helping me to fully understand their payroll system. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with dedicated associates who were always willing to answer questions. The hardest part of the job was leaving when they decided not to make my contract position permanent.
good company to work for
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMarch 19, 2017
the most enjoyable part of working at American Dental Partners - 1st Advantage Dental is to see the patients leave our office satisfied with the treatment they have received and patient care we have given them.
The training this company provides for the employees is exceptional.
they want employees to have the knowledge and security that is needed to operate in a fast passed environment.
Pros
family oriented
benefits
Great Company to Work For
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 17, 2017
There is opportunity for growth in the practices and you are rewarded for leading your team. I've had the opportunity to work with some great (challenging) doctors during my time here.
Pros
Management support, growth opportunities
Cons
Pay
Great place to work!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasMarch 13, 2017
Strongly supports work/life balance. Provides continued education and training. Promotes growth opportunities within the company. Patient centric based organization.
High turnover, no management support
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAFebruary 14, 2017
The turnover for the company in Wakefield is extremely high almost 6-8 months. The reason being, that's how long it takes for one to finally see that your one accountant doing the work of two or three! Expect long days, working thru your lunches and very little management support.
No longer about the patients or the employees
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Main focus is money unfortunately. Some time ago the company was more focused on patients and the staff but it changed last year. Too much pressure on filling schedules and profit for the company. Salaries are low.
Pros
Cons
Ditto
not much advancement
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 14, 2017
performed basic monthly tasks as well as helped with audit compliance, quarterly inventory counts, rent payments, and doctor/hygiene compensation; there was a lot of micromanagement
Pros
free monthly lunches
Cons
meetings would last a very long time with no follow through
Workhouse
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 12, 2017
Lots of turnover with staff. Some Managers that lack management skills, some are AWESOME, all depends on their manager that hired them. Many changes yearly with how to do things.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Commission based, managers with limited experience
Enjoyable work environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJanuary 8, 2017
The entire staff works extremely well together as a team. The Doctors are kind, and management is on top of things. Very low stress environment. Going to work everyday is a pleasure.
Pros
No micromanaging, fun work environment, management makes sure you've gotten something to eat on busy days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Dental Partners, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8