American Dental Partners, Inc.

American Dental Partners, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not beneficial for Dental Hygienists
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 2, 2016
This is a production based practice for hygienists. You get paid a percentage of the service rendered. If a patient is private pay you can make a little more, but those patients are few and far between. They make deals with insurance companies for lower fee for service. So in turn, that means you make less money. You need to work on volume, so unfortunately some hygienists perform services that are not necessary to produce more money. Hygienists do not get vacation pay, holiday pay, sick pay and there is no base pay, so if a patient is a no show you sit around for 50 min not getting paid and if that happens a few times a day you are not making any money. Even though you might have a two hour opening due to cancellations or lack of patients you cannot leave and come back, you have to stay in the practice and not get paid. The dental assistants receive all the benefits because WNY feels that the hygienists have the potential to make an endless amount of income. But, in reality and if you have ethics you can only perform only what the patient needs. The only good point is that if you have kids at home and they are sick or you need a day off it usually isn't a problem because there are plenty of hygienists who can cover your work load. I worked with a lot of nice people, sometimes I made good money but it is not consistant. This is the reality of WNY Dental/American Dental Partners. Think twice
Pros
Free CE Credits, Flexability of time off.
Cons
No pay for down time
High employee turnaround
Staff (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 6, 2016
Doctors will quit and so will all staff, upper management cannot figure out what they want or need.You are offered benefits but cannot afford them bc they are extremely expensive.You will be offered the lowest hourly pay and be bullied into doing sooooo much more work than you should be doing. You are promised the world and you work hard and in the end you are replaceable no matter if you are a doctor or staff.
Pros
Paid holidays, pto
Cons
Healthcare, management, workload
they do not care about their employees
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNNovember 3, 2016
the managers and Dr.'s will go behind your back and do sneaky things. They don't give any raises for responsible people. this corporate office is VERY unsympathetic to women and children. They do not care about what Is going on with you as long as you are there on time and they are making their monthly goals
Na
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 13, 2016
Doesn't not value workers doesn't give pay raise to those who have been there for a long time and are responsible, need better management and do not upgrade office when it's in need
Great People, Room to Grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 7, 2016
One of the best dental organizations to work for. There's a lot of opportunity to grow if you put your nose to the grindstone and work. Overall management is encouraging and willing to hear ideas you may have to make things flow better.
Pros
Cons
Lots of turnover can create days with longer hours, wages could be more competitive
Dental Hygienist- Carus Dental
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2016
Great place for a hygienist- instruments and equipment are new, co-workers are amazing! Lots of opportunity for growth, and community service. Free CE, medical benefits and 401K.
Pros
Co-workers, nice offices, plenty of time with patients
fun work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 26, 2016
I was responsible for scheduling patients, greeting patients, getting insurance information, sending in preauthorization to insurance, calling insurance, filling insurance claims, collecting payments, opening and closing office, and balancing drawers and taking deposits to bank.
Pros
I love to work with the public
Cons
no breaks, just a lunch sometimes work 9-10 hrs
I have learned how to improve my hygiene skills working in this competitive and fast-paced practice.
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 18, 2016
On a typical day at work I stay busy working as an RDH with appointments ranging from standard prophys to SRP's. I have learned how to improve upon my speed taking FMX's and balancing different patient needs within the appropriate appointment time allotment. I pride myself on having a strong work ethic and value team work and being part of a trusted team environment. The management has changed throughout my time at this practice, but I have maintained an overall professional and productive relationship through these transitional periods. The hardest part of the job is on my nine to ten hour work days, these days are long, but because I enjoy what I do, I stay very motivated throughout my days. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I am able to get to know my patients and their families. I am able to make a positive contribution towards their hygiene health, and thus towards their overall systemic health. I am honored to be a part of such a rewarding career.
Pros
continuing education, benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks, long hours
Not Recommended
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I was very disappointed with the company overall. Management lacked being in touch with their home Resource office.The office was very old, outdated and in much need of a remodel-which meant staff worked in a "sick building syndrome". The President and Vice President didn't seem to care because they were never there.
Pros
Cons
Office environment and morale
Enjoyed working there.
Registered Dental Assistant (RDAEF) (Former Employee) –  Riverside Dental GroupMay 22, 2015
Company really seem to care about the people. Open to new ideals.HR and other corporate staff would fly out from Boston to speak with us, just to see how we are doing. It is nice to be cared about. If the staff is happy the company makes money. But low staff morale makes the company lose money and good people.
Pros
able to speak freely
Cons
CEOs & the Doctors not able to work well together.
Accounting
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 1, 2015
Compensation and benefits are sufficient. Job security is lacking since the main office is out of state. Management was very good at one point, however it has gone downhill recently.
Not the best place to work at.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  WIApril 23, 2015
Very busy office. Not much help. Pay and benefits are not worth the amount of stress that comes with the job. A typical work day is very busy. I have learned that I can handle doing my job with minimal or most of the time no supervision. The hardest part of the job is trying to get everything done that needs to get done during the day while checking in patients, answering phones, checking out patients, and answering questions from doctor or assistants. I do enjoy working with many of my co-workers.
Pros
Some of the co-workers are awesome.
Cons
Poor management.
Welcoming Atmosphere
Account Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2015
I have learned a lot in the short amount of time employed here. I have gained experience in the accounts payable field with performing month end close and year end close. I was also on a team known as vendor maintenance, where I would update vendor information and input new vendors.
Fantastic management
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 29, 2014
I enjoyed the many responsibilities along with the respect from mid-level and upper management.

I enjoyed the challenges of providing financial reporting services to a company that was constantly changing and growing. I was also able to demonstrate an ability to work independently (my Supervisor was based in Pittsburgh, PA).

I didn't enjoy the long drive to Roseville after our offices were moved from Richfield.
Pros
Independence, professional coworkers
Cons
long commute
Discount dental plan
Office Manager/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
Open, Close, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Handle all Group accounts.
Pros
Small Office
Cons
No Benefits
Positive work environment
National Trainer - West Coast Region (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAApril 8, 2014
My previous employer lived their core values and implemented support from the Resource Teams to over 300 offices across the nation. We developed and trained best practices to our group affiliate offices. The most enjoyable part of my position was helping practice managers with revenue growth and expense management, as well as assisting new hires with their onboarding experience. The most difficult part of my position was the travel required.
Positive culture and support from executive leadership
Director of Operations - Western NY Region (Current Employee) –  Western New YorkJanuary 22, 2014
Very autonomous position with great support and positive culture. Work/Life balance is stressed and co-workers/team are very motivated and productive.
Hardest part of job is the lack of new challenges on a daily basis however the most enjoyable part are the challenges and growth that we strive for each day.
Pros
culture, values, ethics and transparency
Cons
lack of professional challenges
very busy
Dental Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2013
busy.
I enjoyed working with my team the most.
Lack of opportunities for advancement
Wonderful Co-Workers
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2012
Wonderful facilities and co-workers. I became proficient with several different types of sedations methods used in the dental facility. The most challenging part of my job was constantly having to adjust to changes in management. The most enjoyable aspect of working for this organization was team building with my peers and implementing the tools that we learned to create awesome work environment.
Pros
personal development resources
Cons
unstable upper management

2.7