American Eagle Airlines

American Eagle Airlines Employee Reviews

low pay for some of the work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
best part of the job was the flight benefits
worst part was the incompetence on behalf of the supervisor and HR department
Great work environment
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARApril 6, 2015
Pros: Work crew.
Cons: Long way from home.
The crew I worked with is by far the best group of people I have ever worked with. They were always available to help or advise.
Exciting, fun productive
Airline Agent (Former Employee), LouisianaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: a Chance to be promoted
Cons: short breaks
Everyday was exciting and fun.
I learned something new everyday.
Was given the chance to go to different departments and learn from every department. Was able to fly to any city
Fun
Airline Agent (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 19, 2015
Exciting to work here.
Learned something new everyday.
Management knew their job
co-workers new their job
the hardest part of the job was the weather not cooperating with the flight schedules and the customers thinking the weather and flight delays was our fault.
The most enjoyable part of the job was free air travel.
Excellent
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Queens, NYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good starting company
Cons: commut to lga
Responsible for gate calls and log book keeping.
Learned how to troubleshoot and repair Aircraft in a timely manner.
Working environment was appropriate with coworkers willing to guide and train me.
many parts and equipment available, flexible hours.
Ridiculous
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee), ORDMarch 4, 2015
Horrible working situations, terrible benefits and management. RUNNNNN from this place. Co-workers were disgruntled and the union is a joke. Go far away. that is all all all all
overall about the company employess work hard
passenger agent (Former Employee), 400 e airways ave savannah georiaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flying
Cons: time off
a typical day at work fast pace and fun I've learned there are many operations in the aviation field management some fair co-workers are beautiful people hardest part of job learning all the state codes most enjoyable was everything learning, customer, employees
Travel Agent
Curbside Ticket Agent (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: travel and uniforms
Cons: shift schedule
Responsible for aspects of passenger check in processing procedure.Announced arrival and departure information, using public address systems. Great team to work with.Love to travel on break time.
flying
STATION AGENT (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: flying previlages
Cons: short breaks
helping passengers check in for their flights, you learned to become very patient with unruly passengers, co-workers are interesting to watch. it was a joy to work with the public.
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: missing holidays
Great regional airline. I had the best time in training, and made lifelong friends. The flying was great, and I enjoyed flying as the only flight attendant on-board.
American Eagle
Ramp Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2014
Great work environment. Made excellent relationships with a lot of people who I still speak to today. Met people from all walks of life and was able to broaden my horizons as well.
Very Fun Place to Work
Station Agent Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2014
Fun place. Very Strict at the same time. A typical day in the AA is a very fast peace have to have Good Customer Service with Co-workers and Customer. And know You're representing your Company Logo.
Being a regional pilot is tough
First Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2014
One of the better regionals, prior to a false bankruptcy. Now a literal joke, based on management greed.
no a good place to work
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: u have time to do personal things, flight benefits
Cons: no money
the hardest part of the job is the company is always looking for a way to take advantage of you. It is hard to believe but the only way is being part of the company. No body, talks good about the company. every single person is disappointed with all the changes we have had.
The company promised us a lot and at the end they end up doing whatever they please.
I still working because it is hard to find a job. The job is fine, the pay is really bad (22.80) per hour flying, and you almost never ever work more than 70 hours a month. yes the company guarantee you 75 a month. thats mean like 1100 dollars a month.
ok place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Flying benefits are good, got to like working in all kinds of weather
It was an okay place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: very low pay
I did enjoy working for them. The problem was the pay just was not there.
Occasionally dull moments
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: discounted travel
Cons: mangagement
When you work here, especially at an out-station, you never have just one job title. You do it all.
I loved it, but it's not an easy job
Station Agent (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great people, flight discounts
Cons: long hours, difficult times/days available to work
Working here was a fantastic time for me. I loved my coworkers, and working with the airline, crews, and aircraft. It does not support work life balance because starting out you have no time off and can be reprimanded regardless of the reason (medical, etc.).

I do believe those who work these positions should be better compensated. $8.50 an hour seems minimal due to the amount of responsibilities, stress, and demands of the job (depending upon location).
Never work for an airline again
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Bentonville, AROctober 18, 2014
Pros: flight benefits if you dont get bumped off.
Cons: everything
I have been with the company for just over 7 years. I still work nights (9pm-7:30am) and weekends Friday-Monday. You dont get promoted for doing good work or getting it done ahead of schedule. You have to be in the union, which is worthless. The longer your there the more money they take from your check and you never see anything out of it, unless your at the main hub base in Dallas. Upper management has been caught numerous times lying about what they have done or will do to help. We even called him out on it and he admitted to fault. The last base manager did the same thing! Pay is $10 less an hour than the bigger sister company AA and takes us 12 years to top out verses AA's 6 year top out. You bid for vacation the year prior, and hope you get what you want, but working night shift you have to compete with day shift for some reason which is impossible because they will always have seniority over you. So you end up getting two weeks off in a row in February or one in January and one in September, never a summer month. Some of the guys at our base are even past retirement age and choose not to retire because they dont do anything during the day sense thats when the planes fly majority of the time. Which in turn never lets us have a chance to move up or get better days for work or vacation.
Overall fun
Fleet Service Clerk, Crew Chief (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: flying benefits
Cons: if you want your check correct dont ask the admin ...it wont happen
overall employees are nice to work with but the crew chiefs are lazy. Seniority based job.

1 2 3 4 5