American Eagle Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

love the travel and meeting exiting people
fligh attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I love the fact of waking up and tending to a rush at the airport to begin the day and travel anywhere in the state is exiting. Having the oppertunity to travel free, is a benefit that I miss.

You learn about the people the different location and their culture and what the cities are popular for.

You never get to see management unless if its about something that has been changed during the course of your life, like starting a family, or moving

The hardest part is spending time with the family, especially if your new withing the company, then your life constist of being on call or waiting around until a flight comes available.
Pros
free flights
Cons
delays and cancellations
Get paid to see the world from above
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
Working in this industry is more of a lifestyle rather than a career. You get to know your co-workers very quickly and develop trust which is important in this enviroment. A typical day starts includes 2-5 legs. Each flight I greet, help with luggage, makke afety announcement and serve in flight refreshments. Although there was managment this job allows very little face-time with management. The toughest part of the job was being away from my family for 2-3 nights in a row. The best thing about the job is meetingnew people everyday... and also the flght benefits. Being able to travel and bring my family along was aan amazing incentive.
Pros
flight benefits, meeting interesting people
Cons
being away from home for days and nights at a time
productive and not repetative
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2016
I loved working here. It was a very fun job and everyday it was something new. I learned a lot from the company and there was a lot of room for growth. Co workers like any other job have their ups and downs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry passengers but it was an accomplishment when they became happy at the end. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it wasn't repetitive and you learned something new every single day.
Pros
Flight benifits
Down the drain!
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2015
I hope Envoy will offer the employees another buy out, Co-Workers are haters, The Union does everything for Envoy, and there is NO advancement anywhere old boy network bosses take care of their own.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
being employed by a dead end company
Airline life
Manager (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXAugust 2, 2016
Enjoyed working for American/American Eagle
Great possibilities for growth and advancements
A great place to grow and discover your strengths and weakness
The people you get to meet
The relationships with co-workers become a "family"
Changes all the time, as to many factors, weather, mechanical etc..
A life experience.
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
American Eagle
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 9, 2015
American Eagle and US Air merged and since I was at a Regional Airport the jobs were given to Envoy Air. I didn't see any room for advancement,
Pros
Job was within 5 mi. from my home. Could fly for free as long as you had 3 days off to do so.
Cons
Pay was low and management was not experienced. No room for advancement.
Productive And Fun Work Place
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 7, 2016
We worked as a team, as customer service agents. We learned how to cross utilize our work loads from the ticket counter to boarding each flight. Our managers were our co-workers we worked hard together to make sure flights were successful and customers were well taken care of.
Flying the friendly skies, visiting a new city each day. Flying anywhere in the world for almost zero money!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2015
Typical day at work included many 3 or 4 am wake-up calls. Providing excellent customer service to passengers and crew.
Pros
Flight benefits, gratification knowing you helped flyers experience be positive and safe.
Cons
Many18 hour days. MANY.
very challenging place to work which mad it very fun
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYNovember 27, 2015
It was a very nice place to work there with unexpected challenges that i had to deal with daily. staff were a bit of a challenge but was not hard to deal with, the fact that i was able to travel for free was so great. the management staff were ok and my co workers were a good team to work with.
Pros
travel for free
Cons
unexpected amount of time to be at work due to operational necessity
Very Productive
Inventory Control Crew Chief, Inventory (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJune 21, 2016
My job with American Eagle Airlines was an amazing experience. As a lead, I was responsible for the receiving, shipping, hangar parts as well as the flight line parts department.
American Eagle Airlines is a very exciting company to work for.
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed meeting new people, my coworkers were the best. This job has thought me patience. The hardest part of this job was being away from my kids and husband. My most enjoyable part of this job was traveling.
not the right place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2015
American eagle airlines/ envoy airlines management is one of the worst I have worked for. was employed there for 2 and a half and got paid the same amount as when I first started of $11.58/hr for 2 yrs
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
no money to go anywhere just for bills
Agood working place for beginers
Junior Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed to begin my career with them, typical days include when SQL statements where running slow and the users could not be able to access the database.
First Officer
First Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2016
First Officer on EMB-145 series aircraft. Based in Chicago, IL

Flying regional feeder routes for American Airlines

Responsible for safety of crew and passengers
Enjoyed working with the public and the flights.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
Enjoyed getting to meet other people from other areas and being able to help them or satisfy their needs while in flight to their destinations.
Fast paced,flexible and exciting work environment.
BAGGAGE COORDINATOR/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago O'Hare International AirportJuly 12, 2013
A typical day at work started immediately when I walked through the door. My co-worker filled me in with details that happened on his shift and we discussed the priorites I needed to address for my shift.
I never stopped learning on the job. Everyday was a new learning experience.
Management was informative, helpful and allowed me to do my job without question.
My co-workers were the fantastic, wonderful people and extremely enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with negative issues you have control over.
The most enjoyable part of the the job was working with and learning about many diverse cultures
Pros
co-workers could cover my shift if needed and the benefits were great.
Cons
some days there was no time for a break.
American Eagle Airline
STATION AGENT (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 2, 2012
American Eagle is a great place to work if you are one who travels often and needs flight benefits. The job also offers pretty good insurance benefits as well as a 401k plan. The pay however is not the best. If you are a student who are only able to work part-time or if you are a person who holds another job, you have to make your schedule around whatever schedule AE provides for you. The company does not accomodate outside interests (school, work, etc.). This job is more beneficial and rewarding to those in management positions, and since AMR Corporation just filed for bankruptcy, the employees are unable to advance at the moment. This means no pay raises and no full-time opportunities for part-timers.
Pros
flight benefits, medical coverage, opportunity to meet new people
Cons
scheduling not flexible, insufficient pay
customer care
(Envoy) Ramp Agent L.M.M Airport (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 27, 2015
I really enjoy team work. I believe in excellent costumer care. To be punctual is super important. I have learned the importance in learning different cultures in which has broaden my knowledge.
Pros
medical benefits, travel
Cons
short breaks
Great company working with wonderful people
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TxJuly 28, 2014
A typical day at work with American Eagle was an extremely busy and constantly changing work environment. I learned the importance of providing exemplary customer service, adhering to strict timelines, while keeping safety at the forefront of my daily duties. I worked with wonderful management and fun co-workers. The heavy physical demands was the most challenging part of the job. The most enjoyable part was working in a team environment with great people.
Pros
free flight benefits
Cons
extremely long hours and high turn over rate of employees
Flight Attendant/Saftey Instructor
Flight Attendant /Recruiter/safety instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2015
A Great Place to have a Career! I am Thankful for the Experience! Flying on Propeller Aircraft was awesome! The days could be up to 15 hours back in 1991 but the flight crews were like family which was very nice.
Pros
Guest Interaction/ Free Travel/ Great Management

American Eagle Airlines Reviews by Location