American Eagle Airlines

American Eagle Airlines Employer Reviews

poor management
Station Agent (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 14, 2014
there is no job security. management does not care about you
Maintenance Hanger of the Eagle's life
Mechanic (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: fun working schedule with easy advancement to management
Cons: third shift and the night life
Union time is the best. Clock in at certain time and always clock out at a certain time. Co-workers are the best. Fun and easy going group of guys. The most enjoyable part of the job is done with your task and chill out. On the other hand, the hardest part of the job is getting us to be on the bottom of the todum pole...and of course getting use to – more... the night life of the third shift. – less
The work was challenging and fun. Many different opportunities to learn new skills.
Techical Clerk Tech Publications. (Former Employee), DFW, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: temporary assignment
I worked at everything that management needed. Some of my daily duties involved basic emails, research for projects,debugging software, auditing programs and working on Excel spreadsheets and word documents.

I learned I learn quickly and can do whatever is required.

My assignment was temporary for two weeks. It turned into 6 months. Management kept – more... finding work for me because I did what they asked no questions. Just get the job done! – less
Excellent Team Work Environment.
Lead Gate Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: better pay rating scale
One of the best Airlines in America. Wonderful workers, management, and company to work for.
Fast Paced, High Stress, Poor Managment, No Recognition.
Station Agent (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free standby travel, additional travel discounts, health insurance.
Cons: managment, training, delays, holidays, pay, pay schedule, pay accuracy, probation period, ease of standby travel, employees calling in/not showing up
I have yet to really feel as part of a team or family here with this company.

Fast paced job / 24-hour operation / Angry passengers / Poor Management.

Job that requires A LOT of patience and excellent time management skills. Company has a training program for everything, and requires it be completed recurring yearly. However, trainings aren't very – more... good, rarely hands on, and usually very quick because there is an operation to run! We are almost always short-staffed. Without a doubt underpaid, and completely overworked.

I have never been so dissapointed with a job in my life. – less
Just say now and walk out the door! Hope Envoy Fires the lot (Supervisors)
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: great flight attendant's and team spirit (outside of ord)
Cons: you spend more money then you make - not worth it!
By far this was one of the worst job decisions I've ever made in my life! Supervisors are nothing but door stops - they will lie and report you to HR, in turn attempt to terminate you. if that's not bad enough; if you're based out of New York - you're responsible to get to either JFK or LGA. Scheduling for the most part sends you to JFK when you're – more... at LGA - when you get to JFK, you can't sign in for your flight and scheduling would just laugh and say, did we say JFK - we meant LGA... So,now you have to pay 35.00 to get to LGA for your sign in or you will be reported for a late sign in, While you're cheap polyester uniform is melting in the hot New York summer heat!

This is a totally screwed up company; I've spent more money working for this place then I've made! I love the regional planes, I have no complaints there - if you like regional, stick with PSA, Expressjet or Silver Wings! Stay away from Eagle... Not worth the expense nor the suffering. Union..? Oh, if you call AFA a union...

Most of the CRJ's Captains (NOT ALL) have ego's from NYC to LAX - they believe they are Boeing 777-9XX Captains at the age of 32... All Riddle grads too - go figure... – less
GREAT Company....
Transportation Agent/Bus Driver (Former Employee), DFW AirportMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Great Company to work for....Great benefits and plenty of opportunity for advancement!
enjoyed interacting and meeting different people from different states and other parts of the country
skycap/sky chef (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 17, 2014
Pros: took breaks whenever you wanted. but you had to let a manager know.
Cons: there wasnt really any cons, just that you have to always be aware when there is passengers pulling up and in need of assistance
there was no hard part about the job, you were either working inside or outside. so it was a very good atmosphere. most enjoyable was sitting outside enjoying the good weather. the sun would be shining and there would be a real good breeze. management was awesome, understanding and really a peoples person.
Interesting and challenging job
Lead Station Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, Pa.March 12, 2014
Pros: free flight benifits
Cons: getting yelled at by passengers during cancelled flights
A typical day at work consist of checking in passengers along with bags onto their flights on United Airlines flights. Assisting the passengers with cancellation and delays of their flights, and getting them to their final destination as quickly as possible.

I've come to learn that helping people during rough and upsetting times of delayed or cancellations, – more... is very rewarding to me. To see them smile after being so angry or upset makes my day.

Management at my job is great in helping me to become a Lead Agent and advancing in my position.

The hardest part of my job is working and managing my co-workers with all the different personalities and personal issues. – less
Father son bussiness
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2014
Learned some good stuff there
not a good place to work
management there was none
Enjoyable Night Time Work
Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee), XNA ArkansasMarch 6, 2014
The Work environment is laid back and enjoyable. The work is challenging and rewarding but be prepared to work the night and weekend shift until you get enough seniority to bid for a different shift.
Management in Dayton Ohio is a nightmare
station agent (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHMarch 3, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: management
Upper management is not interested in your life outside of work. You are overworked and underpaid and EXTREMELY understaffed. Manager treats employees like slaves and isn't interested in anything you have to say or ideas for improvement you may have. You are there to make him look good and nothing else. If you want time off or you have a family member – more... die you will have to fight for the time off. – less
family friendly place
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), DFW Airport, TXFebruary 27, 2014
American Eagle has provided me with a vast array of experience.
just a job
Lead Station Agent (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 26, 2014
just a basic job/place to work. cross trained. coworkers are great and fun to work with. management needs to be better.
Hard Work
Fleet Service Clerk (Ramp) (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2014
I enjoy being on the ramp the adrenaline rush on quick turn arounds is what I love about this job. No matter if it is with cargo or baggage, our goal was to make it out early or on time, using safety precautions of course.
Busy work days, great people to work with
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free flights, co workers
Cons: low pay, inconsistent schedule
American Eagle has been a great airline to work for. No two days are the same, but my co workers have been consistently great. Management is pretty quiet, but the managers are nice and friendly. The hardest part of my job is the lack of consistency, long work days and low pay. The most enjoyable part of my job are the flight benefits and my work friends – more... who have become my second family. – less
Director
Director (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasFebruary 13, 2014
Director Review
Overall good company.
Work/Life Balance is not good, but that is the only real downfall.
Aircraft phase and line maintenance.
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Performed aircraft phase and line maintenance on assigned aircraft. Union shop. co-workers were easy to get along with. Very rare road trips.
Confidential
Airport Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Confidential. Great place to work at. Learn new things every day. Co-workers are helpful.
Good Workplace
Captain/Check Airman (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2014
Great company to start your flying career. Good corporate structure. Great employee group.

1 2 3 4 5