American Eagle Airlines Employee Reviews

love the travel and meeting exiting people
fligh attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I love the fact of waking up and tending to a rush at the airport to begin the day and travel anywhere in the state is exiting. Having the oppertunity to travel free, is a benefit that I miss.

You learn about the people the different location and their culture and what the cities are popular for.

You never get to see management unless if its about something that has been changed during the course of your life, like starting a family, or moving

The hardest part is spending time with the family, especially if your new withing the company, then your life constist of being on call or waiting around until a flight comes available.
Pros
free flights
Cons
delays and cancellations
Flying the friendly skies, visiting a new city each day. Flying anywhere in the world for almost zero money!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2015
Typical day at work included many 3 or 4 am wake-up calls. Providing excellent customer service to passengers and crew.
Pros
Flight benefits, gratification knowing you helped flyers experience be positive and safe.
Cons
Many18 hour days. MANY.
Where I began
Lead Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 6, 2015
American Eagle gave me the opportunities I may not have been given through my life if it wasn't for them.

I worked for American Airlines and then September 11th happened. I was furloughed and was hired by jetBlue.
Pros
Experience I gained
Cons
Attitudes from disgruntled employees for many reasons
very challenging place to work which mad it very fun
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYNovember 27, 2015
It was a very nice place to work there with unexpected challenges that i had to deal with daily. staff were a bit of a challenge but was not hard to deal with, the fact that i was able to travel for free was so great. the management staff were ok and my co workers were a good team to work with.
Pros
travel for free
Cons
unexpected amount of time to be at work due to operational necessity
Down the drain!
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2015
I hope Envoy will offer the employees another buy out, Co-Workers are haters, The Union does everything for Envoy, and there is NO advancement anywhere old boy network bosses take care of their own.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
being employed by a dead end company
American Eagle
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 9, 2015
American Eagle and US Air merged and since I was at a Regional Airport the jobs were given to Envoy Air. I didn't see any room for advancement,
Pros
Job was within 5 mi. from my home. Could fly for free as long as you had 3 days off to do so.
Cons
Pay was low and management was not experienced. No room for advancement.
overseeing aircraft on a hourly basis, working incoming & outgoing flights. Loading & unloading baggage
Customer Service/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 7, 2015
Lot of behind scene with Aircraft polices. Very in depth job, Learned how operations work. Marshaling aircraft to gate & wing walking from gate for take off. Enjoyed learning & interacting with other operation personnel.
Pros
many perks
Cons
Driving to Grand Rapids with little over minimum wage
The place was not that good to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2015
If management was better it would been a good place to work like they did not care about their employees I work for 2 yrs then I transfer to miami and was not very well treat
not the right place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2015
American eagle airlines/ envoy airlines management is one of the worst I have worked for. was employed there for 2 and a half and got paid the same amount as when I first started of $11.58/hr for 2 yrs
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
no money to go anywhere just for bills
yikes
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
Flying for free is wonderful. Meeting so many different kinds of people is awesome. Back pain and really unsafe conditions are what causes a poor retention for them.
customer care
(Envoy) Ramp Agent L.M.M Airport (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 27, 2015
I really enjoy team work. I believe in excellent costumer care. To be punctual is super important. I have learned the importance in learning different cultures in which has broaden my knowledge.
Pros
medical benefits, travel
Cons
short breaks
Fun Job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
Travel was from large city to small, back and forth about 7 flights a day. Layovers were usually short. Flights were also usually short. Co-workers were nice as well as the passengers
Pros
Easy work, great benefits
Cons
Base not available where I wanted to live, low pay
This is a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
I work for then and I like it the only thing that you had to work to many hours but is good I will recommend anybody there I will go back if I have to
Ok workplace.
Crew Chief / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
Supervised Rampers on the field marshal in airplanes and push them back out on time, Made sure that luggage was connected airplane to airplane.
Great if your single if you have a family can be hard
Passenger Service Agent/Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2015
Work day was checking in pax loading planes. solving bags problems basically an ambassador for the airlines. Flew for free family did also. Long hours and off schedule operations alopt
Pros
free flights family flew
Cons
long hours can be tough
Flight Attendant/Saftey Instructor
Flight Attendant /Recruiter/safety instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2015
A Great Place to have a Career! I am Thankful for the Experience! Flying on Propeller Aircraft was awesome! The days could be up to 15 hours back in 1991 but the flight crews were like family which was very nice.
Pros
Guest Interaction/ Free Travel/ Great Management
Headache
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2015
No room for growth. The pay is not good for the type of work that you do. Also, the co workers are not friendly at all. Also, the harassment that you experience is not worth the time.
Fun environment
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2015
Great, fun and enjoyable environment where I was able to evolve and strength my knowledge and skills. Great opportunity where I met a lot of diverse costumers and co workers.
Great Place to Start out
Crew Chief - Aircraft Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2015
Looking to get your foot into the Airline Industry with some experience. Once experience is obtained, move on to American Airlines
Get paid to see the world from above
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
Working in this industry is more of a lifestyle rather than a career. You get to know your co-workers very quickly and develop trust which is important in this enviroment. A typical day starts includes 2-5 legs. Each flight I greet, help with luggage, makke afety announcement and serve in flight refreshments. Although there was managment this job allows very little face-time with management. The toughest part of the job was being away from my family for 2-3 nights in a row. The best thing about the job is meetingnew people everyday... and also the flght benefits. Being able to travel and bring my family along was aan amazing incentive.
Pros
flight benefits, meeting interesting people
Cons
being away from home for days and nights at a time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.