American Eagle Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

fast pace,stressful,fun,teamwork, and lots of potlucks
Crew Scheduler Management (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 20, 2014
We clock in. Get coffee and open time (OT & trip trades). Open email for pilots and flight attendants. We award overtime to pliots for the next day. After thats done we process sick leave and extend long term sick leave.Take phone calls from pilots and flight attendants whom have questions about polices and regulations. The last hour of the work day go over Union request and issues. Also love the fact that our airline gives back to the community and also is part of the GREEN TEAM (recycle)
Pros
we work well as a team. they are my extended family. potlucks, flight benefits, &caturday (saturday)
Cons
it can be stressful.
American Eagle
Ramp Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2014
Great work environment. Made excellent relationships with a lot of people who I still speak to today. Met people from all walks of life and was able to broaden my horizons as well.
Very Fun Place to Work
Station Agent Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2014
Fun place. Very Strict at the same time. A typical day in the AA is a very fast peace have to have Good Customer Service with Co-workers and Customer. And know You're representing your Company Logo.
Being a regional pilot is tough
First Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2014
One of the better regionals, prior to a false bankruptcy. Now a literal joke, based on management greed.
no a good place to work
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2014
the hardest part of the job is the company is always looking for a way to take advantage of you. It is hard to believe but the only way is being part of the company. No body, talks good about the company. every single person is disappointed with all the changes we have had.
The company promised us a lot and at the end they end up doing whatever they please.
I still working because it is hard to find a job. The job is fine, the pay is really bad (22.80) per hour flying, and you almost never ever work more than 70 hours a month. yes the company guarantee you 75 a month. thats mean like 1100 dollars a month.
Pros
u have time to do personal things, flight benefits
Cons
no money
ok place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2014
Flying benefits are good, got to like working in all kinds of weather
Pros
flight benefits
It was an okay place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 28, 2014
I did enjoy working for them. The problem was the pay just was not there.
Pros
travel
Cons
very low pay
Occasionally dull moments
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 27, 2014
When you work here, especially at an out-station, you never have just one job title. You do it all.
Pros
discounted travel
Cons
mangagement
Co-workers
Professional Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 26, 2014
Great pilots and flight attendants to work with. Pilots were very well knowledgeable about their aircraft so I always felt completely safe. I felt like my flight attendant co-workers were the best to work along side with.
Pros
traveling to many different places.
Cons
short overnites
I loved it, but it's not an easy job
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 22, 2014
Working here was a fantastic time for me. I loved my coworkers, and working with the airline, crews, and aircraft. It does not support work life balance because starting out you have no time off and can be reprimanded regardless of the reason (medical, etc.).

I do believe those who work these positions should be better compensated. $8.50 an hour seems minimal due to the amount of responsibilities, stress, and demands of the job (depending upon location).
Pros
great people, flight discounts
Cons
long hours, difficult times/days available to work

Want to know more about American Eagle Airlines?

Ask a question
Never work for an airline again
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 18, 2014
I have been with the company for just over 7 years. I still work nights (9pm-7:30am) and weekends Friday-Monday. You dont get promoted for doing good work or getting it done ahead of schedule. You have to be in the union, which is worthless. The longer your there the more money they take from your check and you never see anything out of it, unless your at the main hub base in Dallas. Upper management has been caught numerous times lying about what they have done or will do to help. We even called him out on it and he admitted to fault. The last base manager did the same thing! Pay is $10 less an hour than the bigger sister company AA and takes us 12 years to top out verses AA's 6 year top out. You bid for vacation the year prior, and hope you get what you want, but working night shift you have to compete with day shift for some reason which is impossible because they will always have seniority over you. So you end up getting two weeks off in a row in February or one in January and one in September, never a summer month. Some of the guys at our base are even past retirement age and choose not to retire because they dont do anything during the day sense thats when the planes fly majority of the time. Which in turn never lets us have a chance to move up or get better days for work or vacation.
Pros
flight benefits if you dont get bumped off.
Cons
everything
Overall fun
Fleet Service Clerk, Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2014
overall employees are nice to work with but the crew chiefs are lazy. Seniority based job.
Pros
flying benefits
Cons
if you want your check correct dont ask the admin ...it wont happen
Fast pace work place with opportunity to advance
Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 18, 2014
On the norm, checking passengers in to their flights and then going outside to work the flight that these passengers are boarding. A very multi-tasked work place where the more you learn, the more of a valuable agent you become. All types of different people as far as customers and employees alike.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
work life will dominate personal time. part-time is near equivalent to a full-time position
Good place
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 12, 2014
It was a great place to work at first. Then we had a new manager come in a change every single little detail about how we did everything and it caused a lot of stress on everyone. I would have stayed longer if it weren't for that new manager and everything that she had done.
full excitement and adventourous
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 28, 2014
the days were never dull.
you meet alot of interesting people.
it makes you become multi-talented.
the co-workers help each other.
Challenging and fast paced autmosphere with growth potential all over the United States
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 9, 2014
As a manager of an airline operation you have different challenges and experiences everyday including personnel, weather, maintenance, government oversight and the every changing airline industry. Throughout my career with the company I am always learning and growing with support and guidance from leadership. The hardest part of the job is adapting to the constant changes of the airline industry and staying up to date with all the current and required company and government regulations and compliance. The most enjoyable part of the job is mentoring my employees and helping them to achieve their personal goals.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
headquarters is in dallas
Fun place to work
Crew Chief of Flight Operations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2014
I worked for American Eagle before it became Envoy Airlines after being laid off from American Airlines. They took over the ramp contract for AA. It was a very fun place to work but like any airport environment was also hectic and crazy busy at times. Management was nice and helpful for training the newbies. The hardest part was probably maintaining on-time performance with a small ramp crew.
Pros
travel, exciting, great atmosphere, benefits
Cons
compensation for jobs we performed was very little based on what other airlines were paying
Great company working with wonderful people
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TxJuly 28, 2014
A typical day at work with American Eagle was an extremely busy and constantly changing work environment. I learned the importance of providing exemplary customer service, adhering to strict timelines, while keeping safety at the forefront of my daily duties. I worked with wonderful management and fun co-workers. The heavy physical demands was the most challenging part of the job. The most enjoyable part was working in a team environment with great people.
Pros
free flight benefits
Cons
extremely long hours and high turn over rate of employees
requiem
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2014
once a great airline, now circling the drain. union powerless.
Pros
401k
Cons
everything else!!
Exciting and a very challenging job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago O'hareJuly 24, 2014
There is no typical day at work as a Flight Attendant. Everyday you're in a new destination and you meet so many different people. I've learned how to be independent. I never imagined living in Chicago or New York. It was quite the experience, especially since i've never lived through a winter. The hardest part of the job was commuting from Los Angeles, Ca to Chicago or New York. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the freedom to travel anywhere in the world.
Pros
traveling the world for free
Cons
not making enough money