American Eagle Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Bad place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 13, 2013
American Eagle Federal Credit Union (AEFCU) has become one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They have new management now that doesn’t care about their employees. Their HR department is extremely weak and has no power to make decisions. I was there for 25 years and had to leave because of their new management and how they treat employees.
High stress, low advancement and extremely political work environment.
Floating Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Various CTFebruary 23, 2015
AEFCU used to be an organization that I would recommend to my closest friends and family. That is no longer the case, after my employment of over 5 years with this company I began working for a manager who was dishonest, abusive and very slimy when it came to politics within the company. I reached out to HR and Branch Management to try and find a solution. The solution was that I was put on warning for insubordination and she was promoted. I had letters from staff and customers to back my story and they would not look at them. Everyday since my call to HR was horrible, never knowing what to expect and not having anyone to take me seriously I began to fear for my position. I left at the end of the year 2014 and now my only regret is not leaving sooner. This is not where forward thinking, service and morally responsibly professionals should look for employment. There are much better places out there, keep looking!
Pros
great benefits, tuition assistance and products.
Cons
politics run unchecked, performance is not recognized, advancement is based on who you know not what you know
Productive place, good place to work
Member Account Representative (Former Employee) –  East hartford, ctSeptember 24, 2012
Helping members with concerns and questions regarding there accounts. Most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying or answering all the members questions and concerns and in a respectable and timely manner.
Pros
yearly company events
Best Job Ever!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTAugust 26, 2014
This was hands down the best company I have ever worked for. It provides such great experiences not only with the members that bank there but your fellow co-workers.
Pros
annual meetings
Excellent Place to Work
Member Account Representative I (Current Employee) –  East Hartford CTSeptember 10, 2013
American Eagle takes care of there employees. They make sure that the beneifts are top noch. They also make sure all of the programs for there employees are the best of the best.
One of The Worst Companies I've Worked For
Member Account Representative (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2012
American Eagle Federal Credit Union (AEFCU) is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They should learn that happy employees make happy customers. They treat their employees like they don't matter, especially the branch employees. Branch employees are the face of the credit union and deserve more credit than they get from upper management. In a small company, advancement is hard, but with this company when there is an opening, they don't like to advance current employees, they like to hire from the outside. This Credit Unions values are not one of a Credit Union, but more of a bank. All they care about is profit. But aren't credit unions considered to be non profit? They hire managers that bully the staff (I have been one of those staff members that was bullied) and when confronting HR about it, nothing was done. I wasn't the only one that brought it to the company's attention. And to this day, that one particular manager is still working there. Overall, not a very professional company, and one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. When people used to ask me to send their resume along, I would try and convince them not to apply.
Pros
good health benefits, and great paid time off (4 1/2 weeks)
Cons
everything else