American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 20, 2017
It's a great work environment when you're looking for relaxed place to work in with friendly co-workers, and the managers do their job well for the most part.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Cons
Hardly any hours
fun and cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 20, 2017
i loved working here. the people were great and so it made working there a lot better. the shifts were always a rush but it was a good rush and there was not any negative
Pros
discount
Cons
hours
live your life
Sales (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 18, 2017
Great company... some managers better then others. The best managers are those who care more about others then themselves. Fun environment. Fun people.... crazy customers.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411October 18, 2017
I love working the management is nice and the coworkers are as well. BUT you dont really get much hours. Sometimes dealing with the people can be very annoying
Pros
discounts
Cons
not scheduled enough
Work Place
Merchandise Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 18, 2017
Working in American Eagle is very cut throat people are always trying to throw people under the bust. Hours constantly change base on business hours and floor set. The company has a high turn over for managers. Company does not hire consistent leaders and associates are constantly taken advantage of. Work seven years and only had one store manager who worked along side the associates to meet goals.
Cons
Working over nights
I had work time and I appreciate my experience there
Sales/Retail (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL 33139October 18, 2017
Overall American Eagle is a well place for sales. I think young workers should reccomend a job and soon higher position to gain knowledge about the job.
Pros
Long lunch periods
Cons
Short breaks
okay job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 17, 2017
If you are very open to not many hours and no routine then this is the job for you. They don't have a set schedule for people you just get what you get. In 2 weeks I worked 3 days and under 10 hours.
Pros
management
Cons
hours
Place to introduce costumer service.
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 17, 2017
American Eagle is an Elite retail store. They have very high costumer service standards and a well structed way of doing things from the sales floor, to the stock room, to floorsets.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
Pay, Hours, bigger opportunities
Its clothes...
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 17, 2017
I don't really know what to say about it. American Eagle has men's and women's clothes and accessories. I got a pretty good discount on clothes working there.
Very up beat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ 07652October 16, 2017
Not much to say about this job did not have many hours. Wasn't very satified with the schedules. The help was there only if they could help you. It was either you knew what you were doing or not.
american eagle
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 16, 2017
poor management. the manager was so rude with his employees.. always made ignorant comments. always had an attitude which made the work environment a bad vibe
Productive and fun place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 16, 2017
The work environment was relaxed, allowing employees to mostly work at their own pace without giving them too many tasks to handle. A typical shift included cleaning the store, possibly inventory and shipping as well as assisting customers and running the cash registers. The management was always there to help if I needed to ask a question. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with customers and help them find what they were looking for.
Nice place and awesome coworkers but
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 16, 2017
After being working many months, after they gave me one week 5 days to work, they cut down my hours of work to 1 day per week, 3 hours the shift. Very sad.
Motivating Environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIOctober 15, 2017
Very fast paced and the staff was very friendly. I was only seasonal, but they worked with me well to learn quick in time for black friday. Other co-workers where not nice because they were superior to me and had more knowledge prior it being my first only few days.
Entry Level Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 15, 2017
American Eagle is a good first job. Great discount on all clothing while you are an employee. Management was always friendly. Downside is lack of hours available.
Associate/ Cashier
Soho-NY - Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  599 broadway, Soho, NYOctober 15, 2017
This was the best job I've had. I was able to talk to people, it was a steady pace for me since I work at a fast pace. Still love the job to this very day, especially because of the two managers I would always work with.
Pros
discounts, hours, pay was great
Cons
associates were fairly disrespectful
Fun and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2017
I love working at AEO on Lexington. It is fun to help customers and make conversation with them. My favorite spots to work at are in the fitting room, by the denim wall and as a cashier. Greeting is my least favorite job. My managers are so nice and so are all of my fellow associates. Everyone is supportive of each other and it's almost perfect. My only issue is regarding hours because I don't get to work often but when I do I always leave work feeling great. You learn a lot from working here.
Pros
40% discount sometimes 60%, great management
Cons
not enough hours, short breaks
management lacking
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAOctober 14, 2017
The male supervisors are female crazy and give everything to the more attractive associates. it is very hard to attain a higher position due to the favoritism in the building across all shifts.
Its an okay job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 14, 2017
There is no workplace culture and you don't really do much in a typical day except greet customers as they come in, assist them with dressing rooms, and check them out. Pretty tedious
Great place for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
The average shift hours for regular associates are 4 hour shifts, what is that? Limited opportunity to advance lack of positions available. The job is very easy as long as your a peoples person and don't let small things get to you like people unfolding shirts that's visible and just throwing it back down, or leaving a bunch of clothes in the fitting room a mess.
Pros
Great for a first job
Cons
Not stable or beneficial enough to make a living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.