American Eagle
1,407 reviews

American Eagle Employer Reviews

American Eagle
Floor set associate (Current Employee), Panama City Beach, FloridaMarch 25, 2015
My General Manager is one of the best managers I know. She always offers her support and will always help you need be. The floor sets are always really late at night till early morning, so not many people are there to chit-chat.
AE was a productive and innovative work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grove City, PAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Incentives, such as free merchandise, when sales goals are met.
Cons: We tend to get really busy sometimes, leaving it to be hectic, but not unmanageable!
On a typical day at work, we focused on Customer Service, whether that being just asking the customer if they needed help or putting together outfits or add-ons for the customer. I appreciated the employee-empowerment that the managers allowed Sales Associates to have. During Floor Set, or when we have to put merchandise according to planogram, managers and employees both used innovative and creative skills to accomplish the common goal. At AE, I've learned time management, customer service, audit support, merchandise sales, training, etc. Overall, American Eagle has been a great place to work.
I perrsonally wouldnt work for this company again
Cashier (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKMarch 24, 2015
Pros: helping people pick outfits
Cons: the management
a typical day at work consisted of preparing and making sure the store was presentable. I learned how to properly fold their jeans and tops, other than that I wasn't really trained which was the downfall. Management seemed fine during the interview process, but when I started they weren't welcoming at all. they never seemed to have time to properly train me. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping people pick out outfits that made them feel beautiful.
Productive and Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discounts on clothing items and shoes
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is usually productive and I've learned how to deal with customers head on at on the floor or fitting room providing advice about new trends and signing customer up for reward cards and credit cards. The management is okay, some of them are young and still are learning how to deal with the role of management. The hardest part of the job is floor sets, simply because its time consuming. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the new trends.
Very friendly coworkers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discounts on all things ae
American Eagle was a fun environment, coworkers are very friendly. The store is very busy and I learned how to sell items to customers, driving out sales up. I learned the importance of a happy customer.
over 7 years of experience
Talent Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Millcreek MallMarch 23, 2015
Amazing company to work for in the beginning! Understood a work life balance gave enough payroll for stores as time went on cutting of payroll the lack of acknowledgment of staff and customers. Turned more into a "money maker" than a "customer service" feeling
Driving sales and Customer Service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 18, 2015
In a typical day at work as an Assistant Manager we are constantly coaching our associates on the importance of customer engagement and driving our sales by monitoring our kpi's which are upt,ads,and conversion. We also drive our loyalty program which consists of reward cards,credit cards and email.
The Typical Day Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2015
I had to greet customers as they walked in and out of the store, tag, sensor and fold clothes as well as put them in the warehouse in the back of the store. Not much to tell about the store since they did not give me much of an option to work, but it is an overall great work environment.
Fun very fun
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 18, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: bad salary
This was a job that I enjoyed a lot. Always in a rush but hours go fast. There was always an exciting thing to do. Definetely not a boring one.
Great atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. Its environment is fun and energetic. I came to work and left with friends. I would definitely work for this company if you enjoy retail.
Great work environment!
Shipment Shift Lead (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 15, 2015
This job has a great work environment and has a very flexible shift time as well as amazing management.easy promotions if you do your work and do it well.
Fun but gets boring/tiring
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 13, 2015
Pros: clothing discount
Cons: short breaks, folding
I loved the people, energy, and discount on clothes but folding and refolding gets old very fast. As does dealing with inconsiderate customers.
Challenging business culture.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Kenner, LAMarch 13, 2015
Very confused during my time there. Usually would clock in and work with customers, analyze business but training was difficult because it was not through and concise
work
LABORER (Current Employee), ottawa ksMarch 12, 2015
good job worked through temp service not as a regular employee inconsistant with work schedule worked with shipping and receiving work enviroment was great people were nice and helpful
Productive and organized
Sales Representative (Former Employee), king of Prussia, PaMarch 12, 2015
This was a fun and very organized company to work for. I learned how to up-sale and valuable teamwork experience. The most difficult part of the job was selling credit cards.
Stock Lead
Stock Lead (Former Employee), Lodi, OHMarch 12, 2015
The Managers were very unorganized and I had multiple problems when it came to a normal day. I was a stock lead but a large amount of days I would be working on the floor instead of doing shipment.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia Premium OutletsMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good wage, flexible hours
Cons: tough management
A typical day of work would consist of me trying to sell clothing to customers or getting what they needed. I learned to be more sociable with customers and how to be more efficient with my time. My co-workers were really nice and I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of my job was reorganizing piles of clothing after customers messed it up. The most enjoyable part was the reactions of customers when I got them exactly what they wanted because it made me feel good.
Get to travil a lot
CDL Driver (flatbed truck) (Former Employee), Spring, TXMarch 10, 2015
This job had to transport parts to locations, I learned how to read a map, strap down parts. The management was helpful. Had to work on my own on this job, had a hard staying up on long road trips. Got stressful on me.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work for me was cleaning out the dressing rooms, restocking shelves and getting the customers. I learned how to communicate with the customers to figure out their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding outfits for the customers.
Sales Position with High Volume Traffic
Credit Captain, Sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day involved:
-Selling/Marketing clothing to customers
-Recruiting customers for credit card/loyalty programs
-Re-stocking items
-Handling transactions

My coworkers were all college students.
Fun and laid back environment.

Decent management.
Provided insight for employees and managed time/sales goals effectively.

Hardest part of the job was working during Black Friday hours.

Most enjoyable part was flexibility with scheduling.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Eagle

American Eagle Outfitters, INC. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and – Read more

American Eagle Salaries