American Eagle
1,525 reviews

American Eagle Employee Reviews

excellent employer
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Vineland, NJMay 26, 2015
Pros: excellent discount, advancement, compensation
Cons: hours of operation
Working as an assistant manager in a retail environment allows one to wear "many hats." A typical work day would begin from business plans, paperwork, scheduling, cash handling, and end at customer servicing and reorganizing the store for the next day. The company overall has a "Customer First" goal and is able to trump competition with this alone. Working from a Sales Associate to Assistant Manager position allowed me to see many aspects of this company. Working with other members of the management team of all types and ages allowed me to grow as a manager and a member of the working world. The most difficult part of this job would be the attempt to please each customer fully within just a brief visit, which is outweighed by the satisfaction of an impressed, loyal, and successful customer service attempt.
Productive and friendly workplace.
Asociado de venta (Former Employee), BarcelonetaMay 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly and fun workplace
Cons: When you have too much people and you can't fullfill all their needs
In a typical good day of work you use to see a variety of people, and more than 70% of them get out of the store with at least one article, much of them with more than one, and very pleased.
Great place, Amazing discounts on items
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMay 24, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Occassional free tshirts, Free food during peak season
Cons: Hours
If you can sell credit cards like a madman then go straight for this job because your hours depend on that. And be sure to keep up with the promotions because you need to be able to sell sell sell.

Great people, and fun work environment, I would have stayed longer if the hours were more stable.
Productive workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2015
Work was typically very fast-paced and busy. Rarely had slow days. Management was tough and very hard-hitting, but overall easy to work with. Co-workers were friendly and cooperative. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with customers and customer service requirements. The most enjoyable part was maintaining the store and the merchandise.
Classic clothing store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Livingston, NJMay 23, 2015
For the most part my day consisted of folding clothes and talking to potential customers. I had to get to know the customer, and develop a working relationship to be able to recommend items of interest, which i think is the most important thing i took away from the job
Fun environment, Learning experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Yuma ArizonaMay 23, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no set schedule, late nights, heavy work during holidays
Worked at American Eagle for many years and definitely appreciate the opportunity and knowledge I'm taking from this job. I started only as a 16 year old girl during Holiday Season , and was capable of working my way up into the management team . As an assistant store manager , I learned the business and what makes it work . Developed myself In the operations portion , hiring and development , as well as store merchandising and visuals . AE is a company who really focuses on their employees and developing them , I will always be thankful to the company , but I feel now I'm ready to expand my knowledge and grow in other aspects outside of American Eagle.
enjoyable workplace
stock (Former Employee), dallas, txMay 22, 2015
Pros: enjoyable environment, nice people
Cons: small place, would become overly crowded
It was a comfortable work environment and for the most part was a fun place to be around. The store itself was relatively small and would sometimes become overcrowded and it become difficult to shop or get anything done. A normal day of work would be to talk to shoppers, put away the inventory, and manage the clothes. The co-workers were very nice people and would always be willing to help anyone when they needed assistance, whether they be a customer, or a fellow employee. The hardest part of the job was being there in the afternoon, when the most people would show up, it would sometimes become hard to get anything done with so many people. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other employees, they made the job a lot of fun.
Great Jeans & People
Sales Associate (Former Employee), merrillville indianaMay 22, 2015
A Typical Day at Work would be clocking in and being assigned to either room 1 greeting customers, room two checking on shoppers , room three dressing rooms, and cash register. There were just as many managers as there were people so they really didn't stick out or say much except for tell you when to take a break and when to go home. The hardest part of the job was constantly repeating the list of sales & memorizing the jeans. the most enjoyable part was the music and the discount
fun workplace
Sales Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2015
Great place to work. Overnight store resets can take a lot out of you. credit is important as is making sure clothes are always recovered.
Productive ; Greeter . keeping a neat enviornment
Sales associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: A set schedule, being able to interact with people
Cons: Slow volume, at times hours would have to get cut unintentionally
Greeting every customer . Interacting with a diversity of different customers . Keeping a positive attitude at all times . folding clothing constantly making sure my zone / section was always neat and organized . Running go backs from the fitting room . Helping customers find there needs and wants ! Keeping customers updated with current promotions . Cashiering , applying customers for our in store credit card . Management was helpful , always had a good relationship with my co-workers and management . The hardest part of the job was making sure all the go backs from the fitting room were all processed , sized and properly put back where they belonged before the end of each shift . Fitting room go backs did get out of control at times but it wasn't something impossible to handle once you know what your doing . The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be in different type of contests with in the job to try and win a piece of clothing from the store , the one who sales the most wins a prize , being a confident seller i loved being involved with different challenges !
Production Assistant
Women's Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Cons: Low pay and hours
Its a good job if your in school. Flexible hours. To pushy with trying to get us to sell credit cards. Constant changes to the floor. Floor sets were way to long and understaffed. Manager were not on the same page. Atmosphere was ok at times
cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), macomb mallMay 20, 2015
I customer service , help customers find what their looking for , assist them with ideas and sale merchandise jewelry, perfume , clothing
HEB review
Bagger (Former Employee), Laredo TXMay 19, 2015
Typical day at work was busy always packed. What I learned was you have to be very careful how you handle the customer products. Management is great always friendly and ready to help. Co workers are great everyone gets along with each other but new faces come and go. Hardest part of the job rush hour all lanes packed but few baggers. Most enjoyable part of the job your customers leave happy and satisfied with their service.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 19, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, sharing knowledge, and making people happy
Cons: short breaks
Its a great place to work if you're a teenager. American Eagle Outfitters basically taught me everything I know about customer service. The managers were very helpful but always seemed busy. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep everything organized during the day. The most enjoyable part was meeting different people.
Fun place to work!
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 19, 2015
I deeply enjoyed getting to use my communication skills as well as learn organization. The team members were some of the brightest you will find, and the management always worked with me as I continued my education.
Fast Pace
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
I like working with a staff of 500 hundred people. Meeting new customers from all over the world. American eagle taught me a lot about customer service, from greeting, to getting to know your customer. I had a great management team. When i had family issues they understood, and was very concerned.
fun work place
Replenishment Team Member (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 18, 2015
The environment is always on an upbeat. There is always work to be done and people to help. Meeting new people everyday would be the best part.
Fun atmosphere, limited hours
Merchandising Lead (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: Fun, Easy, Great Discount
Cons: Management, Promotions, Hours, Pay
American Eagle has a good atmosphere and is pretty good to work for if you're just looking for a first time job and want something to give you some work experience. The hours vary greatly depending on the time of year (as PT I sometimes work 40 hrs one week and 10 hrs the next). Trying to make a career out of your job there is generally very difficult though. Most of the time they will hire new managers from outside of the company and rarely move people up.
Very comfortable work place
Jean Expert/ Stylist (Former Employee), 14 street union squareMay 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Low Salary
Working at American Eagle was exciting , i was 17 when i first started. It was a great experience since it was a work place where uniqueness was highly supported.
Overall a fun place to work at
Stock Lead/Merchandising Lead (Current Employee), Paducah, KYMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free merchandise from contests
Cons: You live your life here
I enjoy the atmosphere the job offers. The customers are always different, the benefits of working there are awesome with different contests so I'm always bringing home free stuff. It has its days just like any other job, but working there for almost four years, its like working with family!

1 2 3 4 5

About American Eagle

American Eagle Outfitters, INC. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and – Read more

American Eagle Salaries