American Esoteric Laboratories Employee Reviews

Enjoy working
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2017
Great family-like atmosphere. Colleagues some of the best I've worked with. The culture was great and promoted a great environment for growth. Good place to work
great work place
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TN 37814April 14, 2017
Ingles is a great place to work while going to school, they work well with your schedule. Lots of opportunity for growth in the company. Great way to enjoy your job.
Bad company to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 18, 2017
This is not a good company to work for. The pay is awful. They are ALWAYS short staffed because of high turnover so getting time off is pretty much out of the question. They also have you work more than you are scheduled because of being short staffed but still you can't get a raise. Benefits are good but that is pretty much the only good thing about working for AEL. Work there for insurance and work experience and move on. That's my plan.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad management, high turnover, not getting requested time off because no floaters to cover
Memphis whitten Sucks
Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 28, 2017
The management sucks, human resources doesn't care. The turnover rate is thru the roof. Job is easy, but no morale. NO ONE wants to be there.Smd OR micro needs leadership. The boss is to young and throws tantrums.
Pros
Cons
see for yourself
Management is a nightmare.
Laboratory Technician I (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 2, 2017
The job itself is not bad but don't expect any support from management whenever a problem should arise.
The managers, mostly women, love to gossip about and to the employees and would rather stir drama than pitch in and help or resolve issues.
They also pit the employees against one another which can create a hostile work place at times.
The blame game and throwing the little people under the bus type of Management who doesn't care about the clients but a great deal about their year end bonuses.
They come in late and leave early.
If you work here, you should just go with the flow, tolerate the gossip and ask for a strong starting pay rate because raises and advancements aren't likely.
Pros
No weekends or holidays
Cons
Don't expect raises, they don't give opportunity for advancement, don't expect to grow with the company.
Worst Job Ever
Accessioner (Current Employee) –  MemphisSeptember 13, 2016
the management sucks. The morale is low. Turnover rate is terrible especially in Specimen Management Department (SMD). No one works as team. Employees do not have a voice and are not appreciated. Cameras were installed to watch every move. Rules and regulations do not apply for the entire lab.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Good work environment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 6, 2016
I like the work environment here. People are very supportive and willing to assist each other.
We are steadily growing. Our number of clients is increasing. We will be starting to read plates on all three shifts soon.
Pros
weekend and holiday pay
Cons
Very busy, heavy workload.
Horrible company to work for.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 1, 2016
Management and Sales Reps are the worst.This company treats their employees like trash.They want you to learn everything only to dump the work off on you.Be very careful of the watch outs that smile in your face only to be talking behind your back,including management, No advancement at all. Wages are garbage.Do not work for this company! WASTE.
Pros
Cons
They all love to eat.
Run Run Run
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2015
This not a place to work they dnt care about there employees they only want a body in there sites. They keep a high turn over and the management is even worst. Try it you might get different results. Good luck I would never work here again.
Pros
some sites are good to work @ some employees are great and some others suck
Cons
pay is bad, off time is even worst
Productive working environment
Medical Laboratory Technician, ASCP (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 24, 2015
Small workplace with coworkers that help each other out when and where needed. Expected to complete a variety of tasks due to small staff size.
great staff
Expert blood drawer (Former Employee) –  memphis,tnOctober 16, 2015
They have the worse turn over for Phlebotomist. No pay raises and incentives. they treat the phlebotomist horrible. hard to get time off even when you have pto hours.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
horrible pay and benefits
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working for AEL. They gave to an opportunity to learn about specimens and lab work. I learned a lot there and a lot of medical terms. I am thankful for the experience. The people are great
Pros
job
Great Company
Phlebotomist/Processor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2015
this is a great company to work for benefits are awesome, people in the office are fun to work with! Worked processing and the processing supervisor is simply amazing!
Pros
Awesome people, good benefits, wonderful supervisors
Liked working here
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 30, 2015
I liked working here, but felt as if I had no room to advance especially in the pay. This company has now merged with Methodist and is now known as UT Methodist Physicians
Good Benefits, Good attitude
Patient Service Technician - Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2015
Drew blood, accessioned and packaged specimens for transport, data entry. Management we willing to work with employees who needed special hours or accommodations. I really liked my co-worker, she was really good at teaching me new things or other ways to get things done. My job was pretty easily accomplished on a daily basis, even when really busy. Toughest part of the job was the travel of 50 miles each way to work, but it was worth it!
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Benefits, easy to work with other co-workers
Cons
Took away paid travel, cut hours back
bbb
Client Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2015
AEL is an okay company to work for. I feel the company is going down and don't recommend anyone to work here unless absolutely needed
Productive and fun work place.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Memphis,TNJanuary 15, 2015
I love my job and I love helping people feel better. I must say this is one of the best jobs I ever had its laid back I go to lunch when I want and my co workers are Great.
This is a horrible company to work for they are so unorganized the pay is horrible
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  memphis tnNovember 12, 2014
It feels like this company is a temp service for phlebotomist they send you to different locations all the time. When I first started I received no training as to how to work them system or routine as a company. The pay is horrible left non of the phlebotomist that i come across are certified and the ones that are still don't get paid enough. In the first few days everyone I came across was like run away fast now I see why they loose patients blood work and results all the time!
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
Plantation Environment-Racist
Problem Resolution (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TNOctober 28, 2014
HR Management, Co-President, Vice- President have racist views that are often expressed through-out different departments towards their African American employees. The pay is very low. At least there are chairs for employees to sit in and the employees are great.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Horrible Management
Phlebotomist/Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 24, 2014
Good place to work. Management and co-workers are flexible and family oriented.
Pros
flexible hours, family oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Esoteric Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8