American Esoteric Laboratories Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible company to work for.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 1, 2016
Management and Sales Reps are the worst.This company treats their employees like trash.They want you to learn everything only to dump the work off on you.Be very careful of the watch outs that smile in your face only to be talking behind your back,including management, No advancement at all. Wages are garbage.Do not work for this company! WASTE.
Pros
Cons
They all love to eat.
Good work environment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 6, 2016
I like the work environment here. People are very supportive and willing to assist each other.
We are steadily growing. Our number of clients is increasing. We will be starting to read plates on all three shifts soon.
Pros
weekend and holiday pay
Cons
Very busy, heavy workload.
Run Run Run
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2015
This not a place to work they dnt care about there employees they only want a body in there sites. They keep a high turn over and the management is even worst. Try it you might get different results. Good luck I would never work here again.
Pros
some sites are good to work @ some employees are great and some others suck
Cons
pay is bad, off time is even worst
Productive working environment
Medical Laboratory Technician, ASCP (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 24, 2015
Small workplace with coworkers that help each other out when and where needed. Expected to complete a variety of tasks due to small staff size.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working for AEL. They gave to an opportunity to learn about specimens and lab work. I learned a lot there and a lot of medical terms. I am thankful for the experience. The people are great
Pros
job
Good Benefits, Good attitude
Patient Service Technician - Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2015
Drew blood, accessioned and packaged specimens for transport, data entry. Management we willing to work with employees who needed special hours or accommodations. I really liked my co-worker, she was really good at teaching me new things or other ways to get things done. My job was pretty easily accomplished on a daily basis, even when really busy. Toughest part of the job was the travel of 50 miles each way to work, but it was worth it!
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Benefits, easy to work with other co-workers
Cons
Took away paid travel, cut hours back
Great Company
Phlebotomist/Processor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2015
this is a great company to work for benefits are awesome, people in the office are fun to work with! Worked processing and the processing supervisor is simply amazing!
Pros
Awesome people, good benefits, wonderful supervisors
Liked working here
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 30, 2015
I liked working here, but felt as if I had no room to advance especially in the pay. This company has now merged with Methodist and is now known as UT Methodist Physicians
This is a horrible company to work for they are so unorganized the pay is horrible
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  memphis tnNovember 12, 2014
It feels like this company is a temp service for phlebotomist they send you to different locations all the time. When I first started I received no training as to how to work them system or routine as a company. The pay is horrible left non of the phlebotomist that i come across are certified and the ones that are still don't get paid enough. In the first few days everyone I came across was like run away fast now I see why they loose patients blood work and results all the time!
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
Plantation Environment-Racist
Problem Resolution (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TNOctober 28, 2014
HR Management, Co-President, Vice- President have racist views that are often expressed through-out different departments towards their African American employees. The pay is very low. At least there are chairs for employees to sit in and the employees are great.
Pros
great employees
Cons
horrible management
Highest quality, customer and patient focused laboratory service
Senior Account Executive Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 31, 2012
As a dedicated sales professional, I have determined over the past eight years I have a calling, a standing and a mission to represent and promote the most optimal and personalized laboratory service in the medical arena.

As the medical industry changes from year to year, I pride myself on staying true to my stand and fixed focus of successfully promoting and delivering the highest quality, customer and patient focused product exceeding market expectations.
A start-up laboratory with a good idea...that feel flat
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2012
I had a wonderful opportunity to join this new company that had a beautiful business model. The beginning role was as Marketing Manager, later becoming Sales Manager. It was a great experience to start at ground-level. The worst part was the company selling out to the competition and having no job.
Pros
great opportunity, good compensation
Cons
changing business model that competed with larger established companies
nice hours, flexible, and benefits
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2013
My days are typically fast paced. There is never a dull moment.
I love each day helping patients and making them smile. A lot of people have an opinion about a venipuncture, but I like to put them at ease to what people have to say about the "Vampires" (so they call us). The hardest part of the job is when someone may have gotten terminally ill, or lost a love one. But I enjoy knowing that I helped making in making a difference in someones life.
Good workplace environment with co-workers.
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2012
A typical day at work is getting my tools together to put in my work station and sitting at an computer putting in patient information and specimen types, labeling their specimen, and sending the specimen off to the testing areas thats required.
I have learned how to use the LabGem software and noticing what kind of specimen I have recieved and etc.
Management is trouble in my opinion, their not so understanding when it comes to you and your family.
Co-workers are loveable here and there is nothing hard about the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know my co-workers and learning how to work in an laboratory.
Pros
healthcare, parties
Cons
short breaks, pay unreasonable
A learning experience
Clin Tech (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2013
The partnership this organization has formed with other Physicians is remarkable. Their correct lab results enhances patient care and their quick turnaround times are fantistic!!
Pros
excellent benefits, consistent management style and a sense of fairness to all employees
Cons
the ael operations is a 24/7/365 operation. however patient care has not time frames
bbb
Client Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2015
AEL is an okay company to work for. I feel the company is going down and don't recommend anyone to work here unless absolutely needed
Productive and fun work place.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Memphis,TNJanuary 15, 2015
I love my job and I love helping people feel better. I must say this is one of the best jobs I ever had its laid back I go to lunch when I want and my co workers are Great.
Great place to work if you work for benefits. Don't expect to have fair management.
Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 5, 2012
This is a great job to start at if you are trying to build your resume. If you are a lab tech this would be a good job. Benefits are awesome. Hours are some what flexible. My supervisor is awesome but the big man there is not fair.
job security questionable
Problem Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2014
great place to work, learning various testing. management okay,co-workers okay, location. Customer Satisfaction.
Pros
free lab testing for employee and close family members
Cons
job security
Very busy enviroment
Payroll Supervisor American Esoteric Laboratory (Current Employee) –  MEMPHIS, TNMay 14, 2014
Very busy enviroment, great company to work for. Most positions are self oriented which gives the employee a chance for proving themselves.

2.9