American Express Global Business Travel

American Express Global Business Travel Employee Reviews

Not a fair place to work
Travel research assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 21, 2017
I worked in a large call center doing research for the agents . I learned a lot about travel . Management was very unfair and if you were not on their favorite list you could be out the door in a minute .The workplace culture was very unbalanced and as a clerk we were not as the bottom by the agents and management . The hardest part of the job was being treated less by the agents and mangers. The most enjoyable part was my free hotel stays .
Pros
Hotel stays & vacations days
Cons
Management, and no union .
Experiences
Senior Travel Counselor-Support Desk (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FL - VirtualSeptember 19, 2017
Working together as a team, sharing our skills, knowledge, and experiences. Striving for the outcome to be the best. The team leaders are very helpful if needed
Pros
Working Virtual
Cons
Healthcare Plan
fast paced work enviornment
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great Co workers everyone works as a team to assure clients are being serviced in an expeditious manner. There is constant room for growth with the company.
so so
Senior Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 8, 2017
low pay. cant live on the brand alone. felt to many proxys used to seriously enjoy the benefit of working at American Express. Great diversity and cultural environment. technoolgy never matched the brand we were to preserve. Not open to constructive criticism for improvements. Commited to good service delivery and enforced good teamwork.
Pros
felxible schedule
Cons
low pay
Low pay scale
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 7, 2017
They need to pay more as the payscales are on the lower side in comparison to other TMC's. Management can be better however there are always changes of what is required which it may make it hard for certain managers to be able to be more effective.
Management could care less about your career. Too much middle management power. Poor equal pay for women
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 1, 2017
Your job depends on a survey in a call center. Stay far away.Low pay and discriminatory practices-stuck in a cubicle call center. Very unprofessional middle management or team leader level. A who you know environment
Pros
Benefits, Flexible schedule based on seniority
Cons
Pay, Poor vertical advancement
with the exception of some bad apples in management fun place to work
Corporate Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 15, 2017
I actually liked working for this company,Benefits were good compensation was good,however due to certain managers that feared you taking there position workplace was not as pleasant as it could have been. upper management was wonderful.
Pros
benefits were excellent
Cons
you have to walk on eggshells around certain people, and never feel free to express your self kinda of ironic as the company name is american express.
Parts of org are great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 13, 2017
Parts of org are amazing, collaborative, and genuine. While other parts do not seem to care about employees. Unfortunately, these latter parts are senior corporate leaders. They don't seem to understand the start-up mentality. Corp leaders still have much of the old slow hierarchical political red tape that chokes employees to death with too much work and not enough opportunity.
Pros
Amex name is good for resume.
Cons
Random org cuts, no culture, poor communication.
Loved booking travel arrangements for different companies.
Business Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work. Treated with respect and the hours were great. Only reason I left there was to move back home to the Kalamazoo area. Now all the agents work from home. That I would have enjoyed.
Not how it used to be
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 2, 2017
Coworkers are great with positive attitudes. Upper management only seem to be concerned with the bottom line. Benefit package is just ok. More work and less people means longer work weeks.
I worked in many podutions travel counselor finanical service rep zzTeam Leader .The best part of eo working with Amex was the pomotions from wieork
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working at American Express. We were family and teamwork was always present. My job was outsourced to Mania. I was able to hold many different positions once I proved my worth.
Pros
Good mamagement. Employee work/life balance aleays first. Chance for advancement
Cons
Very interesting company with which to work.
International Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2017
Being at the onsite in which I was placed I learned very much about the inner workings of the Executive Branch of the U.S. Government.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the clients, being U.S. Government employees and elected officials, were in essence my subordinates and in actuality were working for me.
Pros
An education in grace and favor.
Cons
People actually are as stupid as you think they are.
Good company
Accounting Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2017
This company treats employees well and has development opportunities. The culture is changing and evolving. I enjoyed the challenges and learning opportunities.
Great people
Manager - Process Transformation (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2017
Co-workers are fantastic and very friendly. There is never a dull moment and always something new to learn. Great opportunities for movement within the organization. Global environment, working with people from all over the world. The hardest part of the job is managing the work/life balance as resources are stretch thinly. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from different departments and countries and learning new skills and shortcuts.
Typical day at work - is running from meeting to meeting and fitting in my work in between. Management is hit or miss. Some of the leadership team are fabulous and there are others that are difficult to work with.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
high stress
Job security
Travel Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 5, 2017
There are always places you can transfer to in case the account you handle as been outbidded. If for any reason there is not a place where they can place you they give you severance.
corporate travel agent
Senior Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 2, 2017
Worked in a call center. Very busy and stressful but learned a lot. Hardest part of job was when a snow storm shut down airports and airlines and we had to rebook travelers.
Travel division going under - You will be laid off
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 29, 2017
Travel division going under - You will be laid off.

Completely unorganized company. A lot of deadwood who have been there 20+ years who will try and sabotage you.
Pros
work from home
Cons
unstable and you will be laid off
fast paced environment
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2017
busy, fast paced environment. knowledgeable people. lots of projects to get involved with. ping point in cafeteria, free coffee, and free breakfast
Great Place to work
Global Meetings Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 20, 2017
Amazing leadership and a super fun team. I would highly recommend this company to any travel manager looking for a great partnership.
....................................
Salve to the corporation
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 27, 2017
Unappreciated most of the time for going over and above expectation. Over and above I love the travel industry, specifically travel transportation. There wasn't any work life balance in this corporate call center environment. No flexibility at all in any part work or home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express Global Business Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval