American Express Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,817 reviews matching the search
Good Learning Opportunity
Senior Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2016
It's a nice team to work there. It's a great opportunity for me to learn and explore. The advancement of technologies are really good. Giving the ownership and responsibility to take challenges is really good.
It was a great place to work
Data Center Infrastructure Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2016
I found it to be a a very good environment to work in. The good ol boy Management system was hard to deal with at times. I would have liked to have had more opportunity.
Pros
Safe clean
Cons
Upper Management
Great place to work!
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2016
The environment is fast-paced yet very rewarding. The callers made the days go by quickly. The management recognizes and rewards each team member. The call volume could get to you but you have to remember to take it one call at a time and that's what your job is. The co-workers made it a wonderful environment. It's quite diverse.
Pros
Onsite gym and tuition reimbursement
Cons
not the best health care
Really good place to learn
Business Analyst/Software Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2016
It was a Tuesday to Saturday morning shift. I was in the technical support department. The management was not the best but they did what they could. Co-workers were good.
Great learning, but no work life balance
Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2016
My work experience here was great, I learned a lot about management and leadership, however was not able to obtain a work life balance.
productive
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 22, 2016
Co workers are amazing. Take calls through the day satisfaction to card members travel request. From air, hotel to car rental
Good work culture
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  New york cityJune 21, 2016
Enjoyed working here, good working experience learned so many thing gain new experience. as my project is over i need to leave this company.
overall good company
Account Protection Specialist-Fraud (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2016
good benefits and great pay, just was not the job for me because the work life balance did not work for me
Great Company to work for
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJune 20, 2016
This is a wonderful company to work for. Wonderful mamgement, however, a lot of the supervisors were not wonderful individuals to work with. Some of them were vindictive and mean.
Great Company, Great People, Leaders have Integrity
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Virtual Office, Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2016
American Express is a company that clearly values its Shareholders, Customers and Employees. Leaders not only talk the talk, but they walk the walk; living by the Blue Box Values:
Customer Commitment; Quality; Integrity; Team Work; Respect for People; Good Citizenship; A Will to Win and Personal Accountability.
Processor
Remittance Clerk II (Former Employee) –  300 West Jackson- Chicago, ILJune 14, 2016
My typical day at work was to process credit card payments. I learned that accuracy is important. Management always showed appreciation for a job well done. My co-workers and I were a team we would strive for accuracy. The hardest part of the job was if we received errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was making management proud of us as a whole.
Pros
Accuracy
Cons
Making errors
lunches been provided
sr ui developer (Former Employee) –  NJJune 13, 2016
super to work there. i enjoyed working there. it's having fantastic environment right over there.
it's my pleasure to work there .
it's help me a lot in my life.
Cons
banking
stressful work place to work , incompitent team leaders
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 11, 2016
Started off with great productivity , One Black Card Centurion high achiever my 1st year there. After 1st year management changed and morale changed. lots of turnover and job got verry stressful
Pros
salary
Cons
stressful work environment, management
Not recommended
Credit Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2016
I do not recommend this place for a first job. No training, bad leadership and did not learn anything good. Work life balance is unbearably horrible.
enjoyment
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 9, 2016
I worked there AS a QA Engineer. With all skills.
I enjoyed the atmosphere there.
Now am looking for a change in Bay Area CA
Be prepared to be challenged.
Corporate Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2016
Great work life balance, culture is amazing. Acknowledge hard work and recognition. Interview process is quite challenging but overall worth jump
Good starter job for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2016
This company is out of business now in the Greensboro area. I worked there when I first moved to Greensboro and was very pleased with management. It was a great growing experience.
Smart, hardworking colleagues - tough to advance
Analyst, U.S. Consumer Marketing & Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
PROS:
- Well-recognized brand
- Continuously invests in innovation
- Supportive, hardworking colleagues
- Flexible work hours

CONS:
- Depends on the team, can be hard to advance, and need support to move up the career ladder
- Frequent organizational changes
- 'Always online' culture
good people and learn more and fun
Jr Engineering (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
Great place to work.i learn a lots about programing and company culture.all coworker are helpful,they will hrlp you if you got stucks .i really enjoy working at American Express.
I worked only for a little project for them
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
I did a test automation framework while working with an intermediary company that worked for them. All the team agreed the desired approach and we all were very happy forever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2