American Express Employee Reviews

Found 2,083 reviews matching the search
Lots of opportunities
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Great place to work with a lot of incentives and perks for employees and their families. There are also a significant amount of opportunity for advancement and programs that enable you to work in offices around the world.
Travel Agent
Domestic and International Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 23, 2017
Work hours varied constantly, very strict attendance policy, and many company layoffs happen. Low pay, and high cost of benefits.
good environment
Credit Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 23, 2017
bilingual collections, inbound/outbound calls, collect on past due accounts. help clients make payment arrangements, I enjoyed working for American express
Pros
good environment
Cons
hard to advance
Working at American Express
COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2017
Working at American express has been an honor but I am wanting to re locate to California from Arizona. A typical day at American Express is coming to your desk, sitting down, and trying to collect your daily goals to meet your metrics. The better you do, the better schedule you will get. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to find solutions for card members who own businesses and are unable to make their payments due to them waiting on receivables.
The pay was great!
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 22, 2017
The best thing about this job was the money. On top of regular take home pay, we received commission bonuses. Management was not the best and the job was not really secure.
Job security at all there
Portfolio Architect (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2017
We never know when they will expel us. When they require they will recruit and the same when don't want us they will kick out as well.
Now Ameriprise
Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 22, 2017
I worked in the mutual fund accounting area that was spun off to become Ameriprise. It was my first job out of college and it was a good first job and I even got one of my friends hired there.
Company has super great benefits
Account Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2017
American Express is a great company to work for, I really enjoyed my experience there, the company stands for a lot of diversity and I really appreciate it.
Pros
in building cafeteria
Competitive and cultured work place.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2017
During my time at American Express I have been in a collections specialist in the low balance segment as well as a Senior Account Manager in our high balance segment. I work with customers on a daily bases to create solutions a resolve their delinquencies and credit concerns. I tailor benefits to the card member and their product while making sure their account is effective for our customer. I love my management staff, they are supportive and very knowledgeable and I enjoy growing with them. The hardest part of work would be finding the time to connect with other leaders and teams throughout the business to shadow them and continue to develop. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team and collaborating one another strengths and building out opportunities together.
Working Remotely
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 20, 2017
Reorganizations frequently occur...great amount of vacation time. Great leaders. hard work...a lot of working form home positions. company car...a lot of support structures in place.
Customer Service
Interim Rotational Coach (Current Employee) –  Home based officeFebruary 20, 2017
Great employ for somewhat seeking a telecommuter position for customer service. Experience the corporate arena from your home.
Fast Pace, But enjoyable
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJFebruary 20, 2017
Was very nice to work for American Express, Unfortunately they closed our office location, Fellow employees were always pleasant and helpful to work with,
Strong brand and recognition.
Specialist Account Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Many people have been there for many years.
Good opportunities across a global landscape. The company evolves with the times.Fair compensation and reasonable benefit package. Educational opportunities available.
Architect (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2017
Good place with lots of technology to work on except everyone is driven by the bonuses just like any other big organization.
Pros
good benefits for full time employees
Cons
Not culturally diverse, too many contract companies run the show
great company to work for
Sr. Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Excellent salary and benefits. Almost 24/7 work schedule in my group, not all. Very demanding schedule. Job culture depends on the director and immediate VP.
Workplace Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Love the workplace culture and respect for each other.
You get a healthy work-life balance
Awesome benefits
Employees love working there as demonstrated by their long tenure with the company
Its a very good environment to work in Amex
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Amex adopts new technologies very fast , so learning is always there you will defiantly fall love to work in americanexpress
Critique
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Customer service processing card payments, introducing other card products to customers. Resolving card issues with customers, participating in training.
like the comapny
Travel Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 16, 2017
I would recommend the company to those that have experience
I worked for the company for 11 1/2 years and they were really good to me.I worked overnight for 6 and half years from home. I learned and was taught from the best of the best. Management I believe needs to speak up more their people. The work culture is very diverse and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing with the too many changes that they push on you and have adhere to. I love the travel industry.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
there are too many senseless changes and not focus on what people really can do
Life at Accertify
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 16, 2017
They should consider rotating people for the weekends so that twice a month you get a weekend off. The scheduling is at times not fair because of the client you're given. Once you start working more clients your scheduling gets better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2