American Express
1,335 reviews

American Express Employer Reviews

-Perform quality control evaluations, trainings, and reporting for sales team.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
-Directly supported VP and 4 consultant’s members of the team. -Prepared various projects using PowerPoint. -Intensive calendar management. -Prepare travel expense vouchers. -Coordinated all personal and international business travel arrangements -Booked meetings and conference rooms. -Completed expense reports for entire team. -Responsible for Staples – more... contracts. -Handled team budget reports and meetings. – less
Excellent for learning opportunities
SR. ANALYST MEMBER MARKETING (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: really smart people, good culture, great opportunities.
Cons: really easy to burn out
Really smart people, good culture, great opportunities. Good flexibility if need to work from home at times, but depends on the group.
All out fun place to work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, drawings, celebrations, community outreach
I highly recommend American Express. It was a great place to work. A typical day depended on taking calls for clients and handling their issues. Management was on point. They listened and cared about their employees and what each was dealing with personally as well as on the job. They advocated advancement and there was always up training for the workers. – more... We were informed of changes as soon as management was. There was nothing hard about the job at all. The trainers were great at teaching what you needed to know and management backed them up. You had great support. The enjoyable part of the job was working with everyone as a team and the functions we did outside of the job within the community. Sorry they closed their doors in Greensboro. – less
Postive Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2014
The Company really believed in their employees. I worked for American Express for nine years. I only left because my husband was offered a job with a company that took us out of the state. While I was with America Express I worked in different departments and I also was there when they added a day care and after I left a gym was added for the emplyees. – more... They are always thinking of ways to help and improve their customers experience, but their emplyees as well. They are a really good company to work for. – less
Amazing Place to Work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: not one
Everything about this job was amazing, from the center director to the vendors in the cafeteria..from the people directly related to my job to the people who were there to do a totally different job. You were more than just a number there and the pay and benefits were amazing.
Very focused on Business Outcomes
Director Service Delivery & Maintenance (Former Employee), NY, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: challenging work, great deal of satisfaction working within the company
Cons: long days
Overall a great company to work for, its leaders are among the best in the world. Truly a world class company- Very customer centric.
The company provided me with a solid job for 24 1/2 years.
Travel and Quality Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix AZNovember 11, 2014
If you don't like metrics you won't like this company.
This was the hardest part of my job.
Great work life balance !!!
International CSP Portal Project Manager (Former Employee), BrightonNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility, development opportunities, great benefit package
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and opportunities of development. A lot of attention is focused on the culture and the wellbeing of the employees.

If you are not set on what would you like to do , here you can learn a lot of transferable skills and work in various parts of the business including marketing , finance, Risk, Business – more... development...There is a lot of flexibility and acceptance crossing different areas of the business.

Overal a great culture , place to work , international opportunities and a lot of personal development. – less
CLRC
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2014
Mentoring Program
Assist clients in developing educational goals.
Create drug awareness programs for troubled teens.
Interpersonal Relations
Extremely fantastic opportunities.
Corporate Customer Service (Corporate Advisor) (Former Employee), Phoenix,AZNovember 8, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, salary, people, management, benefits and dress code.
Cons: the parking lot.
American Express is the best call center to work for in Arizona. Management at all levels is friendly and encouraging. They have time to speak with you and follow through with their promises. The employees help each other and are willing to share their experiences and advice. The hardest part was having the courage to apply. The most enjoyable part – more... was knowing that my team leader really cared about me. – less
American Express offers many benefits for families and they are very flexible with schedules
Operation Support Business Analyst (Former Employee), Ft Lauderdale, FloridaNovember 7, 2014
American Express has 24 hour weekend schedules. When possible they are very flexible with work hours. They offer a number of benefits including child care, There medical benefits are comparable to other major companies.
Great People and a good company
Senior IT Risk and Information Security Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed my time at American Express over the last 7 years. They drive hard and fast but the ever changing environment provides a great opportunity to learn and grow.
productive place to work
Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 7, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: long commute
Work from 7am to 330pm - answering phones, making reservations/
Enjoyed the challenge of making reservations to remote places and the traveler being very appreciative.

Hardest part of the job was the commute.
Wonderful company
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: lots of amenities
Cons: sometimes difficult to locate resources needed to help customers
I enjoyed my time at American Express. The training was extensive and the employee amenities were plentiful.
NONE
HOME BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee), Home BasedNovember 6, 2014
COMPANY HAS ALOT OF GREAT BENEFITS AND PERKS ..LEARNED ALOT ABOUT CREDIT CARDS AND THE INDUSTRY
Productive work place
Mailroom Clerk / Machine Operator (Former Employee), Weston, FLNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great area
Cons: distance but it was in a good location so it worked out
Staging, Billing and Coding, mail room, with Good pay benefits. Great people.
American Express was a great company to work.
Executive Travel Consultant/agent (Former Employee), Miramar, FLNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fam trips, vendor visits, etc.
Cons: no comment
I have nothing but good things to say about American Express. The people were the most extraordinary and wonderful people. Sometimes management was a little political in the office but overall I was very satisfied with my position with AMEX.
I did not find anything difficult about the job except the interoffice politics which I think you would find – more... with many organizations. They do a lot of recycling of management which sometimes caused friction in the office.
The most enjoyable part of AMEX was my coworkers. I loved the perks, travel internationally, dealing with high end/demanding cardmembers. It was a very fast paced enviroment which required a great deal of attention to detail, but I thrived and loved it,loved it, loved it. – less
Interesting work, nice people
Senior Manager, Field Effectiveness (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
Great place to start your career and/or learn. Ample opportunity to move around the company (issuer, merchant services, Bank, Corporate or Finance) or change function (marketing, client management, business planning).
Expereince depends on department
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 1, 2014
Pros: open to switching between fields
Cons: low bonus, long hours
Working at American Express opens the door to one who doesn't know what field they want to work in. The company is open minded in allowing for example someone from finance to try a marketing role.
GOOD COMPANY
Credit Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 31, 2014
WAS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR IT, GOOD BENEFITS, HOURS, PAY, CULTURE, MANANGEMENT WAS WONDERFUL.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos