American Express

1.8K reviews

American Express Employee Reviews

the reputed part of my job life
Guest Relationship Executive (Current Employee), New DelhiAugust 28, 2015
Very reputed lounge at the IGI airport T3.
everyday meet and greet such a kind of VVIPs like Actor Businessman's.
innovative workplace with supportive caring management.
I work in the Web/Application/DB integration of development of new apps through WebSphere, IHS, monitoring tools.
Lead Developer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2015
This is a very challenging job that is quite rewarding.

The main reason I'm looking for a career around Chicago is to be near my son and his family.
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Puerto RicoAugust 27, 2015
Its a Productive company and have excellet box, sales are perfect for my develoment the salary are excellent, excellent job experience
Productive and open work place
Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
An open work place allowing you to sit/work where ever you feel comfortable. Heavy on team communication while finding near perfect balance to working autonomously. Great work life balance.
Exciting workplace
Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Management was awesome! Approchable
Cons: Short breaks between calls...Call-center life!
I arrived to work about 6:45 am. I reviewed my Que for updates before logging onto my phone. Made any adjustment, returned calls, answered calls, creating Corporate travel arrangements for our Corporate customer accounts, reviewing and confirming travel,also advising and suggesting possible options. I would consult a co-worker on ideas for some of my inexperienced clients that may be undecided on which route to take, confirm itinerary with client before completing the transaction. Once all is confirmed the transaction is completed and the client receives an email with itinerary information. I enjoy interacting with people on a daily basis because that's who I am a 'People Person" so that's where my enjoyment comes from!
Exceptional Benefits
Client Management Business Account Specialist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Knowing you have the opportunity to grow in your career
Cons: Having to cut a call short before solving issues based on handling time.
High paced, high stress environment. The hardest part of the job was politics within the customer service arena between co-workers as well as management. I did learn that over and above the politics there is always a way to work together for the goals set as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job involves the clients. Helping them resolve the issues that led them to take time out of a usually very busy day to actually call in. Making myself aware they felt this wasn't an issue to resolve in house or through our website. Knowing the client was aware customer service representatives for American Express were well trained, engaged and knowledgeable. That is the kind of representative the client can depend on to get the job done.
Incredible People
Vice President, Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Compliance caused challenges for marketing
The best part of working at American Express are the people. Incredibly smart, talented, helpful, passionate, and fun.
Also, the CEO and Sr Leadership at Amex set a people-first culture
Was hired as a temp
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeville, PAAugust 25, 2015
I was hired as a temp employee and only worked for them for a short period of time. Management was easy to get along with and good to their employees
Negative
financial pro (Former Employee), SLC UTAHAugust 25, 2015
Extremely unstable, constant lay offs, no advancement opportunities. Bad management practices. Negative outlook for the next two years.
cool...!!
Web/UI Developer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 25, 2015
American Express is an American multinational financial services corporation. The company is best known for its credit card and charge cards, American Express cards account for approximately 24% of the total dollar volume of credit card transactions in the US. Our team has worked on the major enhancements for the client website which includes the changes majorly to sitemap and careers. Responsible for developing rich user interface for the customers.
Great Place to work
Travel Agent (Current Employee), Glendale, NYAugust 20, 2015
Great place to work. They make the work day fun. I enjoy working
for this company.

I enjoy dealing with all type of people and this job pertains with
dealing with people.
upward mobility is limited
Lead Technical Architect (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Cool projects
Cons: Management overhead
all in all I like working here, but upward mobility is limited. American Express is doing some massive soul searching in its AET area, in five years, I've seen a group that I work with create the same product over and over with the same limitations.
Excellent workplace!!!!
Customer Service Representative/Coach (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: beautiful building, schedule, pto, cafeteria
Cons: back to back calls all day-no break
Basically its the best company I have ever worked for. Amex literally treats their employees like gold. I am so sad that I had to leave there because my husband had to move for his job.
Excellent place to work
Full-Time Employee (Lead Database Administrator) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Compensation, Benefits, trainings and career growth
Cons: none
I have been working in Amex for past 7 years and enjoyed every moment at work. The team I have been part of, has awesome skillset and great work/life balance. I had all opportunities to learn, explore and make progress in and across the teams.
American Express
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, CanadaAugust 17, 2015
American Express is by far the most professional and outstanding work environment that I have ever had the privilege of working with. As a consultant it really is the most interesting job for me.. Speaking with clients about their lives and their achievements and the aspirations of great, accomplished, successful individuals who inspire you every day with their hard work. My coworkers are so knowledgeable and my superiors have always been incredibly supportive, there is no job where I have felt so comfortable. The hardest part of the job is the pressure of how important these clients are, although they are people just like me, it's nerve racking knowing that if you lose focus even for a moment you could type in the wrong thing on an off day without your second morning coffee, click the wrong thing! Luckily, there is rarely something done that can't be undone. Overall it is an incredible experience.
Loved my position and the people I worked with. Diversified Management styles were sometimes tough.
Corporate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: People and healthcare
Cons: Depending on the area, many disrespectful Supervisors. Bosses not Leaders
American Express only knows the word Excellent. Excellence is expected in all areas of their business. Co-workers were wonderful and could be expected to help each other at all times. Individual statistics had to be met. The calls came in one after another and it was very satisfying getting to know the person on the other end. This was the best part of the job. I worked with Program Administers who were the ones that handled the American Express card for their company. I spoke with a lot of the same people everyday so really got to know who I was speaking with. This was one of the most stressful positions I have ever had but also one of the most rewarding. I retired and moved to Missouri or I would still be working there. I loved my co-workers and the people I spoke with on the phones.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Human Resource Coordinator- Meeting & Events (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job:

The job culture and the interaction among colleagues is great; everyone is very welcoming and it feels like no one holds back and that everyone has got each others back. I look forward to coming in every morning.
Good company to work for
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 16, 2015
American Express is a very employee oriented company..Good company to work for. Love working for this company. They cared a lot for their employee
We gave each other shoulder massages during department breaks.
Claim Processer and File Clerk (Former Employee), 4315 S. 2700 W. Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Break rooms is were we all met to mingle.
Cons: Being sent home early on occasion, when the work ran out.
I learned how to increase my productivity from 72 percent to 142 percent in 4 month's by switching to my left hand and changing directions in the process. My co-workers were all having fun working together to get the job done on time.
Great company to work for!
Business Analyst - Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2015
American Express is an amazing company to work for. This company always makes work/life balance easy. They are always there to help when we are in need.
Headquarters