American Express Employee Reviews

Found 2,551 reviews matching the search
Worked with Newest Technologies
Selenium Webdriver Automation Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Working as an automation lead with Amex, I got exposure to the newest technologies in the market. Agile work culture with friendly atmosphere among the team.
Fun
Account Representative- Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work..not a bad placfe to grow your career. It's a place whe re the Leaders are good and ewasy to work with. The overall atmosphere was high energy.
American express
Travel Research Assistant & Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Work like in Miramar was terrible . My work was usually very busy doing research for the agents. I was treated less by the agents and management . If you were not part of the miami culture then you were not welcomed in this office. The hardest part was dealing with the agents demands and how they treated and talked down to us as research assistants . The most enjoyable part of the job was time off and the hotel stays we got .Also it was nothing for them to fried a long employee with 15 or more years cause their sales went low . If they had a union this would never of happened. They need Communication Workers of America union to stand up for their employee's
Pros
Hotel stays, Vacation days
Cons
No union, Unfair treatment by management
Information management & digital capabilities - big data
Technical Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
 Organized and tracked over 20 small-sized Hadoop Big Data infrastructure projects into a consistent status reporting structure for tracking and prioritizing
 Led security projects to update OS patch across all clusters, correcting the Glibc vulnerability
 Coordinated initiative for build out of virtual environment followed by migration of applications from physical server to new environment, improving business continuity and enhancing fault tolerance
productive and fun place
Big Data Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees.
A fun and engaging place to work at
Manager - Global Reengineering and Six Sigma (Former Employee) –  India, United StatesSeptember 15, 2017
Amex was the place where I made some of my best work friends and did some of the most interesting/ long term learning work. As an employer they always focused on placing the needs to the employees first and I believe this carries on even till date.
Customer Service/Sales/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2017
It is a lot to handle with the company but they compensate you very well with good pay and great benefits. You need to make sure you know what your responsibilities are so you can do your job correctly.
Pros
High pay and great benefits
Cons
Highly stressful
don't have any current information on this company
Business Requirements Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2017
I have not worked at this company for 16 years. I hear they continue to lay employees off. There is not much else I can say about this company. The office is centrally located.
Pros
location
Excellent workplace environment
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2017
Designed a training program for Customer Care Professionals using simulated training scenarios to train representatives how to handle merchant calls effectively and increase customer satisfaction. ILT and blended delivery method.
Participated with team members charged to design and develop twenty-eight SOP Lesson Plans. Completed project within the three-month timeline, ensured most effective transition to offshore facility. ILT and blended delivery method. Unfortunately for me it was when the financial crisis hit and being the first in as an employee, I was in the first batch to be let go.
Pros
Loved the work environment and management really help me succeed
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Excellent company and products.
Vice President, Global Banking Operations (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2017
The company was well run and very competitive. Opportunities in Salt Lake City are very limited. Great training and travel opportunities to build your expertise and help others to be the best that they can be.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
limited opportunity to advance in SLC
Fun and great company to work for
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PASeptember 14, 2017
Great place. Low pay. I would have liked to have stayed but after my first year I was not compensated fairly. Otherwise it was a great place to work!!
Great place to work. Professional atmosphere.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoyed my work at American Express GBT.
The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to and helping my clients. Making their travel experience seamless and securing the best schedules with the lowest price.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with preferential treatment of some employees by management.
I work very well with minimum supervision, as demonstrated when I held the position of floater on the Rapid Response Team which was dissolved when American Express bought Thomas Cook Travel.
Good company going through trying times
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
some of the most talented leaders and people I've ever worked with. They cared about your performance and your value to the business and coached you to improve every day.
Location is closed
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 12, 2017
For someone who functions well at a desk job it's great! There was plenty of work to make time go by fast. There were tons of resources if there were any questions at hand. The supervisors were engaged.
A work day at American Express
Cruise and Tour travel counselor (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 11, 2017
My normal day at American Express is never "Normal". I work from home but it is like being in a Call Center. I take calls everyday booking hotels, air, cruise and tours. I deal with clients all day everyday. I enjoy booking dream vacation for clients.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
My work schedule
Nice place to work
Hadoop & Spark Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Its a very nice place to work with very good work culture. Lot of exposure to new technologies. It will definitely be a place for those who are eager to learn new things
Different Culture based on Location
Sr. Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2017
The culture varies from New York to the centers. I worked in AZ at two locations, New York, Florida and for a couple months in Toronto. Favorite location was NYC.
Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2017
Received bonuses every quarter. Management was respectful to the employees. The hardest part was the fact that I worked overnight standing on my feet which was tiring most days.
Outmoded and UNETHICAL
TEAM LEADER - Centurion Servicing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
Amex is a 166 year old fat man. It is slow to evolve and unwilling to listen. People are NOT first and answers to most question are to the effect of "its always been done that way". Most long time leaders gave up the fight long ago. Its so sad to see the day to day.
review amex
Virtual business account manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2017
Great job, but the new systems need to be worked out a little better so that we can perform the job at our best. Great team and support system with em

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2