American Express Employee Reviews

Found 2,020 reviews matching the search
Amazing team of people with great service skills
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2017
I was a B2B representative assigned to a Medical company for an American Expresses Procurement program. This was a great position that was 60% travel. There was a satellite office here in Las Vegas that I was assigned to and the corporate hub was in Ohio and my American Express office is in Phoenix. The client relocated outside of Las Vegas and my position ended.
Pros
Worked from my home office and was able to be an independant self starter
Cons
Job relocated
great place to work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
I had an amazing experience with the company. I met many great leaders. The company is run very well with terrific opportunity for growth. I was exposed to many different departments and learned a great deal.
Amex
Lead Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
Amex is a great company - I started in a low level position and in 23 years I was able to work my way up the bar - Amex provides good training and mentoring. They reward performance - good bonus program if you earn it.
Amazing workplace with the greatest people
OPEN Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2017
American Express in OPEN small business you will take 60+ calls per day. Management is always there to assist you if you need it. You will be placed on a team and your co-workers love to help you improve at your job. There really isn't a hard part of the job, to be honest. The most enjoyable part of the job is how close knit you become with your team.
Pros
everything
Great place to work at
Intern IT - Global Risk Technology (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Amazing place to work at. The people treat you well and are very friendly. There is always work to be done so you are always being challenged everyday.
Pros
Great Cafeteria
Entirely new Working environment
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2017
I have a new working environment here because i haven't know how things work here but i really enjoyed working here and i had a great time.
good
Customer Service/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Linton, NDJanuary 13, 2017
Although I only worked for American Express for 2 years I enjoyed the work I did. The hardest part of the job was having 2 co-workers that did not carry their weight so more work fell on me. The hardest thing for me was even though they tracked the percentage of work each person in the department did, we all got the same raise.
Awesome organization
Senior Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
You will find the best in yourself being productive here. Excellent place to work and grow. Connecting the dots is a skill you hone here and the freedom to do so is yours to own.
Strong culture
Director - Corporate Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Strong culture, great place to train and advance your career if you put the effort into it.
Management is great. Co-workers are team oriented and very bright.
Nice Place
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2017
It was really a good experience working with amex. It was huge exchange of knowledge. I had fun, very friendly environment
Meh
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Bait and switch is quite common. Hired for one thing and to support one person, ended up doing something completely different and supporting an entire team, in addition to my own personal projects.
Senior Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Excellent job great place to work
Fast paced work environment
Open work space environment
Excellent benefits
Many opportunities
Good Life/Work Balance
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Horrable Performance Appraisal process
Great Company
Assisting business owners (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I love working for this company. This company is really great and has great benefits and enjoy all the things this company.. 401K,HEALTH,DENTAL AND VISION
Enjoyed work at American Express
Systems Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Enjoyed working at American Express - A really good company, Would still be working there today but like most global companies today AMEX too is constantly pressured to reduce cost and offshore work. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Great company
Cons
N/A
Fun workplace but under dynamic changes due to investor pressures
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 9, 2017
A wonderful workplace for over 18 years however, the direction of the this organization is cost margins and outsourcing any skill-set that will provide a temporary lift to stockholders. This organization has laid-off over 12,000 employees since my arrival in 1995. It is just more practical to issue H1 visas for overseas talent at a fraction of the cost. This I a wonderful organization who in my opinion, may be disillusioned by the global workforce.
Pros
Good dinint facility
Cons
No time for hourly employees to utilized management benefits
Excellent for career development & advancement
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I was with American Express for 18 years and had an (almost always) fantastic experience filled with (95%) fantastic leaders. There is so much opportunity and structure for learning. I always joke that I got my MBA from the University of American Express. Work / life balance is a challenge, but in my case I worked from home, which added a little more flexibility - easy to work at 1am in your PJs.
Pros
Great compensation, training, advancement potential
Cons
Work / life balance is tough in such a high performance environment
nice place to work
SDET (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2017
I have been working at American Express as a SDET(More than a year)
its a Growing company, a lot of opportunity
Good working conditions,Flexible with employees.
Good people to work with... but....
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2017
In my opinion the company as a whole is not what it was 10 years ago. They have good benefits and give a great amount of time off up front so people can have a chance at a work life balance. But in my opinion the company seems to be focusing on the shareholders rather than the employees.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Jobs are moving out of country
My review
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Scope to learn work is good,But they are more like a service based than a product-based,Also they pay less salary and no scope for promotions
Was better before Costco left
Customer Care Specialist Tier 3 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2017
Started out a great company not pushing sales but suggesting alternative situations to better fit your lifestyle. Lost Costco and it all changed. Wanted to push sales as hard as possible and drive employees to suggest an offer on every call. No matter the situation. Continued to up sales and goals to a limit to where they didn't have to lay people off but just fire them for the benefit of the company. Started switching calls out of USA to Manila. Can't see myself working for this company any longer personally. Can't leave your desk to use the bathroom felt like I was in grade school again. Don't believe them when they say you are not required to sell anything.
Pros
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2