American Express Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,877 reviews matching the search
A wonderful working experience
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 29, 2016
AMEX can provide you an excellent career opportunity. My job is more like a call center, thus I learned a lot how to handle many different customers. Also, I understood how a large company like AMEX run its business.
Fun workplace, innovative, high end technology
QA Lead / Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  200 Vesey StreetAugust 26, 2016
Busy, focued, collaborative, competitive, knowledge sharing.
Brilliant people, innovative technology, Agile (SAFe). Healthy developer and qa relationship. Ownership of responsibilities.
Pros
healthy workplace
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2016
Working for American express was an great hands on experience. They really are concerns for their employers which makes it better to provide care for their card members.
Great Brand/Company to work for
Navigation Agent / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at work would be very busy. Especially when flights were delayed, cancelled or when systems went down. Management would coach you often and most co-workers were really helpful.
Pros
Great benefits and vacation
Cons
horrible hours of work and compensation
Work and Relief at same place
Service Now Developer / Administration (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2016
In short working at American Express was both challenging and stress free. We had many changes in the system but the team was very friendly. Every day was energetic and the same used to follow till the end. At times things used to be troublesome but that was only for few days and only when things piled up very quickly.
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
Attentive leaders and great development, in a fun environment that worked hard to feel like a start-up despite being a massive corporation. Very networking focused.
Yesterday's card company
Senior Manager, Regulatory Compliance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2016
American Express have a great brand and a great reputation, however in this dynamic and increasingly technology-driven economy, I think they're end-up the same way as Blockbuster, Kodak, Motorola, Sony and others. Being the best version of an old business model isn't a good business plan.
Pros
Great people, remote working
Cons
HR seems to have been outplaced to the lowest bidder
best place
Credit analyst (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 18, 2016
amazing firm to work with perks are best. work enviornment is very friendly and lot of exposure while working at the firm and unlimited growth oppurtunities
Excellent company
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAAugust 18, 2016
The best company I have ever worked for. Period the end! Training was fantastic, benefits and salary are excellent. Room to grow also. Always learning something new.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
always a high performing employee
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 17, 2016
Busy and lots of projects. I learned things about every industry. Management changed from caring about employees to treating them as numbers. It was family and people worked very hard to keep it great
Pros
Friends that last a lifetime, Mgmt did not get, People that sent to pasture, They got comp to where they are
Cons
Comps get rid of staff due to tenure, Still very productive, Knowldge not past on, valued link in the chain

Want to know more about American Express?

Ask a question
Daily
Integrated Marketing Manager, Executive Travel (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2016
• Wrote proposals and created advertising programs for prospective advertisers and existing clients
• Managed luxury clients, writers, and designers to produce branded custom content for print and online promotions
• Collaborated with sales representatives in Asia, Europe, and North America to acquire new business
• Created a proposal for Porsche that resulted in the first ever luxury car brand advertiser, adding a new industry to the magazine’s portfolio
good place towork
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  phoenix azAugust 16, 2016
good place to work great benefits, 401k, vacations, choose own hours, professional atmosphere health options, free medical on site for flu shots, blood pressure etc
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
could not use restroom while working
Depending on which department you worked in, it could be a great place
Customer Service Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2016
Most of the departments I worked in were great to work in. I loved working in Customer Service and being an Relationship Account Manager for New Business Accounts. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was when I worked in Credit and an outside Manager was brought in and our department was turned into a hard core collections department.
Pros
Great incentives and commissions
Cons
we were not hard core collections
team environment, very diverse staffing,fast paced
Machine Operator/Cell Lead (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 13, 2016
It was a fun and productive place to work it also was a lot of diversity and a team environment learned how to manage and also train employees also crossed trained in many other areas such as print,quality analyst as well as manage part time.
Good company going through tough times
Engineering Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2016
Great company to work for that is now going through tough times.

Opportunity to work with a lot of great and highly talented people.

Company needs to continue to focus on future growth.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Constant Reorg's
Fun culture and environment
Sr Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 11, 2016
Fun work environment, feels like a start up within an established company.

As a recruiter - I manage a high volume of requisitions across the US, and my team is in NY. That's the toughest part is not having a big team there with me.

The most enjoyable part is being surrounded by engineers working on really cool innovative products for the mobile application.
Pros
Fun work environment with really smart people
Cons
My immediate team being in NY and Phoenix
Overall great company to work for.
Security/ fraud and loss investigations (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 11, 2016
Know someone and have a good networking circle. I loved working there! Management is open door and flexible. They were very good to me and we parted on good terms.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Corporate profits can reflect economic status
Typical Call Center
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 11, 2016
Typical call center job where higher management doesn't care about the front line employees. The politically correct BS drove me insane. They monitor you from every which metric you can possibly imagine. They hold your attendance to the highest standard when the levels above you come and go as they please. Team Leaders will constantly just walk around and BS with each other. The security team of the building is a joke.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 10, 2016
previous work, why I was leaving, and what I will bring to the company. the comapny is good but management sucks, and health insurance has a very very high decuctable
Pros
schedule flexability
Cons
health insurance
Great
High volume member services specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2016
Liked working for American Express, management was great. If my husband hadn't been transfered to TX, I think I would still be working for them.

4.2