American Express Employee Reviews

Found 2,123 reviews matching the search
Excellent training
Financial Advisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 23, 2017
Very intense training. Software was the best I ever used from any company I ever worked for. Very professional atmosphere. Management was easily approachable.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Expenses and difficult to develop client base
Account Adminstrator
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2017
Great work place with great benefits. American Express focused on employee education and training. I was able to grow and gave me a great experience on the importance of team work and team building. It provided excellent product knowledge and great experience on the importance of straighten client relations. I was also part of several teams that focused on employee satisfaction and how a satisfied employee creates a more loyal employee and thus filters down to the customer.
Pros
Training
Excellent Company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
Calendar Management, process expenses, organized staff meetings, payroll processing, ordered supplies, and coordinated duties within organization worldwide.
Pros
Everything was excellent
Cons
Advancement was difficult
Amazing Team
Travel Counselor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 22, 2017
American Express is all about the brand. It has amazing core values and everyone is treated as equals. Ideal workplace. Compensation is amazing and the benefits package is pretty good.
Job satisfaction
Software Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2017
American Express provided many different opportunities. Everyday issues lead to new learnings and experiences. I was able to learn a lot during my tenure at American Express
Great Company
Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2017
Great company, a parent's paradise. Low pay, but you get to work from home, and great benefits. Could not be happier. Summer Fridays, and pretty much the last two weeks of December off.
Working here has been a great career move
Senior Corporate Credit and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2017
One of the most important thing I learned from working at AMEX is Customer service and maintaining those client relationships are crucial. Diversity and appriciating the people we work with are so important here.
Pros
Focas on Customer Service, employee treatment is great.
Excellent
Travel Counselor/Group Planner (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMarch 20, 2017
American Express was a great place to work.
My first team leader sucked - she left and life got much better.
I was on a start up team of smaller accounts - great experience.
I had the opportunity grow and had challenging steps and I grew my knowledge extra-mentally.
fun place
QA Test Lead, Software Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2017
Fun place to work. Projects are paced at high speed. The good thing is they are agile, so projects run at great speed.
You need to have a good banking domain knowledge.
A great place to work!!
High Balance Credit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2017
A great place to work. Positive environment with strong culture to help you succeed. Management is actively involved with professional development. I enjoyed working with different lines of business and learning the business from different angles.
Pros
Time off, work environment
Cons
None that I recall
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2017
Great work life balance. Decent benefits package. Senior level executives are great but middle managers can be awful. Great place to start and end a career.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Middle managers
American express
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Hard work,i would definitely consider joining the company again but with a little more experience than I have.Great benefits with this company.
Good work place
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2017
Java developer with 7 years of experience.Worked for FedEx and Amex clients as Technical Lead on uplifting applications to cloud and
Production support projects.
This is a great place to work.
FRAUD PROTECTION SPECIALIST-BLUEBIRD BACK OFFICE (Former Employee) –  20022 N. 31st Ave. Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2017
I loved working for American Express. The company provides employees with wonderful benefits. The management is great and always willing to work with you on your career goals.
Excellent Work Place
Facilities Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
One of the Most Diverse atmospheres in New York. Every employee earns the experiences of working with each and every culture in the world. Employees are able to grow in various ways and develop positive work ethics and achieve higher standards.
Leading edge technology
Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2017
We keep pushing the Amex platform into new leading edge technologies. This kept us up to date on new industry standards.
I helped support many developers in the aspects of UNIX features and capabilities.
Pros
Always pushing the envelope.
Cons
Not clear on certain configurations.
Department was a mess
Merchant Specialist, Global Merchant Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2017
New department that constantly changed the guidelines, it was hard to make quarterly commission, even though they said it wasn't. Environment was fun, co-workers were fun, but expectations were unrealistic. No benefits for using credit cards, etc. Expected people to go around 6 am to get the job done when that was never agreed upon taking the job.
fun place to work
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 12, 2017
i enjoyed my short time with American Express Travel. I loved being able to provide travel accommodations for our corporate clients. I loved my cooworkers and managers....always positive attitude!
Pros
great management
A huge company with a lot of job possibilities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2017
I was able to move around within the company and build on my job skills. I was given every opportunity to succeed. All the managers were easy to work with and built a good team environment.
Pros
On site cafeteria, medical services and employee game room.
Cons
A lot of jobs were outsourced to India.
Fun Work Place
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work consist of negotiating with customers and booking travel which consist of hotels, car and flights. Extraordinary customer care is what I perfected on a day to day bases.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2