American Express
1,624 reviews

American Express Employee Reviews

American Express is a great company
Senior Executive Assistant, Global Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2015
American Express is a great company, have been with the company 8 years and has an excellent work life balance. Please ask any other questions you would like to know. Happy to share my experiences.
productive
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Good company
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Micro-managing management
I enjoyed working for Amex, but the corporate structure was too much! They really micro-managed everything. They recorded all of the ohine calls, told us what color to wear each day, etc.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Plantation, FlMay 5, 2015
Great place to work, very open environment. help with customer credit card needs and travel occasions, also help with payments.
Challenging Work in a Fast Moving Envioronment
OPEN Commercial Underwriter/Financial Analyst I (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMay 4, 2015
Overall a great place to work with strong support from leaders and peers. Benefits and work life balance are amazing! Strong 401K match and profits sharing is a huge bonus.
Good company to work for.
Financial Analyst and Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), New Brighton, MNMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good opportunity for growth.
Cons: I didn't always see the right care for clients.
Overall this is a good, solid company. I worked within sales which ultimately was not a good fit for me. When I decided to leave the company offered me a unique position that was a better fit for my skill set which I really appreciated. Ultimately, the environment still was not a good match, so I left the company.
Excellent Compensation/Benefits
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2015
Pros: Awesome Break room and fitness studios
Cons: weird break schedule and Management
American Express was a great place to work, I just wish their Management was on the same page in the Australia/New Zealand department.
Excellent Benefit and Bonus Capabilities
CCP/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Team Captains (management), benefits, and bonus abilities.
Cons: Constant call flow, stationary for extended periods of time.
Have been working there for over 4 years now and each day brings a new challenge. Policies and Procedures are always changing with the flow of product changes, etc.
Great life/work balance and people management, but frequent restructuring
Senior Manager Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great life/work balance, people management, nice co-workers, and office location
Cons: Frequent restructuring/poor job security, health benefits, slow promotion.
Awesome Environment
PEGA System Architect (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 29, 2015
Loved it. I learned so much from everybody and the programs.Everyone is willing to help you with any question or problem you have. It was a great experience.
see below
Service Recovery Representative (Former Employee), Plantation, FLApril 28, 2015
Handle irate callers who request to speak to supervisor... Monitor calls via the Avaya recording system and provide feedback to representative daily... Dealing with different personalities.
testing is very good, employee treatment is good
Technical Lead, GMFST (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2015
testing is very good, employee treatment is good. good management and very good planning. follow good process. everything controlled by employee.
Fun environment but strict procedures
Fraud Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2015
Back to back phone calls. Open chats to allow communication between co workers and with management. Continuous updates; hard and soft copies. It was a fun work environment. The company did a lot for employee moral.
Exciting field to learn and grown
Senior Director of Supplier Enablement US/Canada (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great company culture
Cons: 1
There are many opportunities in this field and especially in the Atlanta area. The payment/credit card processing field has plentiful opportunities for advancement given the right company.
productive
SharePoint Developer/Admin (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
American Express is an outstanding compay.
Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2015
Pros: It was possible to advance with American Express.
Cons: Sometimes it was difficult to maintain a work/home balance.
I managed the day-to-day operations of a corporate travel office.

Clients called our office to place reservations for air, car, and hotel.

I was responsible for the ensuring that we provided extraordinary customer service and maintained all clients, which we did.

The hiring and developing of employees was crucial to meeting our objectives.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that we were doing exactly what our clients expected of us and that I had very satisfied employees.
IT Department Still needs a lot of work
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleApril 25, 2015
Pros: Work Life
Cons: Too many to list. Mainly incompetent management.
Massive transformation going on in IT, but still needs a lot of direction and focus. Much of the management is completely out of touch and only know how to direct traffic not really concerned about the direction of the platform they support. Risk averse in a big way to a ridiculous extent. Heavy into presentations and pretty presentations, very soft on results. Everything that is a failure is rebranded a splendid success. Too many holdouts for change and still much dependent on contractors. More than 90% of the IT in this building is taken up with young Indians straight off their last assignment somewhere else.
Great Place to Work
Account Protection (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2015
Great place to work, great people, and great atmosphere. Typical day at work would be on the phones receiving inbound calls.
Excellent company with an abundant number of benefits
HR/Payroll Analyst (Former Employee), Miramar, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: poor management
Never a typical day at work; I learned not to trust people; poor management; great coworkers; hardest part of the job was having a supervisor who had no idea what my job entailed, and who did not support me; the most enjoyable part of the job was working for such a well respected company.
Great place to work depends on department you go to
Lead Project Manager (Former Employee), 56 and the Dunlap loacation tooApril 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits, need bettter management
Cons: pay a little better, stay out of gossip more
I can't think of anything bad about AMEX. I had a lot of great, challenging assignments there. They treat everyone very well.

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Salaries