American Express
1,032 reviews

American Express Employer Reviews

excellent company to work for.
Senior Property Claim Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 30, 2014
Pros: enjoyable place to work
management easy to work for, very good communication with employees, very enjoyable place to work.
Challenging work and consistently learning
Senior Manager, Internal Controls (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: difficult work life balance
Learned about financial systems
Flexible managers
Excellent co-workers
High demands
Challenging all aspects of my management abilities
Great Place to Work
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2014
Highly engaging, employer of choice. Highly recommend it.
Great large company world wide. Great benefits
Executive Assistant/Finance (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 26, 2014
Amex is a great company for long term, room to grow and advance. Management good.
NA
Account Service Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 26, 2014
Worked there in 1999, too old for objective comments
Job was good, interesting
ok place to work at
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMarch 25, 2014
It was just ok, could be better. I don't know about now.
Managers really don't care
co workers are ok
Informative yet Rewarding Opportunity
Project Management Technical Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: community meeting
This internship allowed me to learn quite a lot of information in so little time. The company's culture was very opening, relaxed and friendly. Business was always handled of promptly and professionally. I really enjoy every part of this job experience.
American Express
Clerical/Collector/Credit Authorization (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2014
American Express was a great place to work. I enjoyed coming into work. All of the employess got along and worked well together. The managers were approachable and dependable. American Express gave me opportunites to move from a file clerk, to training as a collector and finally for credit authorizations. Best part of my experience with American Express – more... was when I approached my manager with a suggestion of a special handling team within the credit authorizations department and it was implemented. Hardest part of the job was when they closed the credit authorization department in Phoenix and I was laid off. Benefits we comparable to those of other companies. – less
Very nice place to work.
Japanese Technical Writer (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 22, 2014
I worked with very nice co-workers and bosses. People are very helpful comfortable to work with.
I was able to do a wide variety of job duties and explore new innovative things in this industry
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 21, 2014
Pros: able to be innovative and build a great team and to watch people grow in their proffessional goals
Cons: lots of traveling
Check in with support staff on issues that may need attention, Meeting with Division Vice President to priortize his needs and then check with the other Four offices. (repeat) I would then check and priortize and delegate work as needed. I conducted training for new advisors in the morning, via telenet for satalite offices. Do general bookeeping daily, – more... order supplies for offices as needed. Communicated new products and services avalable, provided training and assistance. Maintained and built relationships with the Financial Advisors (independent contractors) and ensured that policy and procedures were with company guidelines. Continued supporting the company mission statement of highest customer satisfaction.
Co-workers were very dynamic individuals and I am grateful for all the support I recieved while working and the support that I still get from some of the members of that team.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the non-compete agreements when and advisor decided to move to another company.
Most enjoyable part was watching the office grow and bloom due to the management team, including myself working together and staying focused on the vision of growth – less
Excellent company
Customer Care Professional / Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMarch 21, 2014
Management and advancements were low, but the company is a good a company to work for.
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
Support Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives for business unit processes; evaluate existing risks, controls, and test procedures for processes and proposed enhancements.
awesome company to work with
Management cadre (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRMarch 18, 2014
Pros: everything was the best
Cons: lil bit of stagnation
if the salary could have been better like Iyogi, would have sticked to this organisation for longer time
A good place to look for work/life balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2014
Very good place to have work/life balance
A lot of on campus events/activities to help employees to be engaged across all the business units/functions
Very supportive on community services
busy place
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: tryig to collect money
calling people for past due bills and trying to collect. Did not like the environment and the people were not friendly. Did not like trying to get money from people when they said they did not have it, but I did even though it made me feel bad.
Productive work day with assisting my clients and high demands
Currently work as a Travel Leisure Specialist (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonuses, work at home opportunitys
Cons: job security, miss communication
typical work consist of me taking calls from American Express elite clientele, consulting with clients to determine travel needs, listening to unspoken cues from clients, given respective feedback, working under pressure to get high demand clients request fulfilled in addition to assisting co workers who need assistance. There are many obstacles with – more... my job in which I love because I love challenges and everyday is a new and different day. I enjoy booking travel and assisting clients with their request. – less
Excellent atmosphere for work.
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: job security is questionable. a lot of change in upper management.
Great professional atmosphere. Co-workers are well qualified and have great work ethic. Management is good and direction is clear.
Too bad this was a temporary position....
Telephone Service Consultant (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMarch 13, 2014
Pros: awesome work environment. great people to work with
Cons: i was there as a temp.
My responsibilities included customer service, upselling to customers, data entry, processing applications and filing. I learned a lot about credit scores and how that can affect you. Management there was friendly and courteous. Coworkers there were very fun and lively. The hardest part of the job was upselling, but I was always able to meet my goals. – more... What I enjoyed most was the work environment... very informal and comfortable. I was there as a temp and quite enjoyed my time there. – less
Productive and Fun Place to work
Senior Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: flexible work - life balance
Cons: typical for any financial organization
American Express is a great company where you can strive to achieve the best results personally and professionally. There are tools available to provide the training needed to succeed. Mentors are always available and you are the CEO of your career.
Very positive work enviroment
Sales & Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great leadership
Cons: limited advancement opportunities
The work environment was fast paced but very rewarding. The had allot of support and training, I learned allot and enjoyed my job.

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos