American Express
1,406 reviews

American Express Employer Reviews

opportunity
Project Manager/System Analyst (Current Employee), greensboro, ncDecember 8, 2014
Manage by check box. Vision is clouded by personal gain and failure to advance overall profitability of organization.
American Express was energetic and very motivated in keeping employees happy .
Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: incentives, benefits, doing something i love ...
Logging into the phone system and knowing within seconds you will be helping a customer and making that customer happy is the best feeling . Even the upset customers when something was wrong with service they left the call with me feeling important and satisfied . I love a challenge in helping customers and setting goals and achieving my goals .
great
payments (Former Employee), Weston FlDecember 6, 2014
Pros: very good company to work for
Cons: but they moved
It was a different experience for me. I liked that I could work with machinery.
had great cafteria made sure it was clean and alot of choices
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2014
Pros: given alot of lunches and reconized alot of people for the good work
Cons: some times ther was no commucation between the team leaders, and the emplyees, some emplyees were favored by some team leaders
I Really like working for American Express. I had a lot of fun there.
They had a good training program. I like working with every one. Met a lot of people and had a lot of friends there.
Fun Place to work
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2014
It was a nice environmet that always had opportunity to grow and show case yourself as a BSA
Great Company
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Plantation, FLDecember 2, 2014
American Express is a great company to be a part of. The customer service departments are trained very well to assist with handling the customer's inquires in a proficient and professional matter. The work environment is very nice with excellent moral. The co-workers are always friendly.
call center great place to work
Corporate senior travel counselor (Former Employee), La Jolla, CADecember 2, 2014
American Express for this particular account ( intuit) closed, they turned their corporate travel to a call center based out of Phoenix, for cost savings purposes
Great company
Product Manager - Data Integration & Quality (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: n/a
American Express is an excellent compan with really strong emphasis on diversity, culture and solid employee development programs.
-Perform quality control evaluations, trainings, and reporting for sales team.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
-Directly supported VP and 4 consultant’s members of the team. -Prepared various projects using PowerPoint. -Intensive calendar management. -Prepare travel expense vouchers. -Coordinated all personal and international business travel arrangements -Booked meetings and conference rooms. -Completed expense reports for entire team. -Responsible for Staples contracts. -Handled team budget reports and meetings.
Excellent for learning opportunities
SR. ANALYST MEMBER MARKETING (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: really smart people, good culture, great opportunities.
Cons: really easy to burn out
Really smart people, good culture, great opportunities. Good flexibility if need to work from home at times, but depends on the group.
All out fun place to work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, drawings, celebrations, community outreach
I highly recommend American Express. It was a great place to work. A typical day depended on taking calls for clients and handling their issues. Management was on point. They listened and cared about their employees and what each was dealing with personally as well as on the job. They advocated advancement and there was always up training for the workers. We were informed of changes as soon as management was. There was nothing hard about the job at all. The trainers were great at teaching what you needed to know and management backed them up. You had great support. The enjoyable part of the job was working with everyone as a team and the functions we did outside of the job within the community. Sorry they closed their doors in Greensboro.
Postive Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2014
The Company really believed in their employees. I worked for American Express for nine years. I only left because my husband was offered a job with a company that took us out of the state. While I was with America Express I worked in different departments and I also was there when they added a day care and after I left a gym was added for the emplyees. They are always thinking of ways to help and improve their customers experience, but their emplyees as well. They are a really good company to work for.
Amazing Place to Work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: not one
Everything about this job was amazing, from the center director to the vendors in the cafeteria..from the people directly related to my job to the people who were there to do a totally different job. You were more than just a number there and the pay and benefits were amazing.
Very focused on Business Outcomes
Director Service Delivery & Maintenance (Former Employee), NY, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: challenging work, great deal of satisfaction working within the company
Cons: long days
Overall a great company to work for, its leaders are among the best in the world. Truly a world class company- Very customer centric.
The company provided me with a solid job for 24 1/2 years.
Travel and Quality Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix AZNovember 11, 2014
If you don't like metrics you won't like this company.
This was the hardest part of my job.
Great work life balance !!!
International CSP Portal Project Manager (Former Employee), BrightonNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility, development opportunities, great benefit package
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and opportunities of development. A lot of attention is focused on the culture and the wellbeing of the employees.

If you are not set on what would you like to do , here you can learn a lot of transferable skills and work in various parts of the business including marketing , finance, Risk, Business development...There is a lot of flexibility and acceptance crossing different areas of the business.

Overal a great culture , place to work , international opportunities and a lot of personal development.
CLRC
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2014
Mentoring Program
Assist clients in developing educational goals.
Create drug awareness programs for troubled teens.
Interpersonal Relations
Extremely fantastic opportunities.
Corporate Customer Service (Corporate Advisor) (Former Employee), Phoenix,AZNovember 8, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, salary, people, management, benefits and dress code.
Cons: the parking lot.
American Express is the best call center to work for in Arizona. Management at all levels is friendly and encouraging. They have time to speak with you and follow through with their promises. The employees help each other and are willing to share their experiences and advice. The hardest part was having the courage to apply. The most enjoyable part was knowing that my team leader really cared about me.
American Express offers many benefits for families and they are very flexible with schedules
Operation Support Business Analyst (Former Employee), Ft Lauderdale, FloridaNovember 7, 2014
American Express has 24 hour weekend schedules. When possible they are very flexible with work hours. They offer a number of benefits including child care, There medical benefits are comparable to other major companies.
Great People and a good company
Senior IT Risk and Information Security Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed my time at American Express over the last 7 years. They drive hard and fast but the ever changing environment provides a great opportunity to learn and grow.

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos