American Express Employee Reviews

Found 2,071 reviews matching the search
Fast Paced Business
Client Manager Liaison (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2017
American Express is a business that is constantly growing and can change daily. This can mean advancement or loss as jobs overseas positions are growing with AMEX. It's a job you have to take one day at a time.
Amex- The brand is all they have
Enterprise Management, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2017
They only care about their brand and will sacrifice anything and anyone to avoid having the brand tarnished including keeping secret all of their data breaches.
ok
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 19, 2017
it was ok to work hours were good the people were good it was clean learned to have fun making deadlines it was clean and very nice days were very busy
Pros
ok
Cons
Great Company to work for.
Executive Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85029January 19, 2017
Great corporate culture, flexibility and benefits. I've worked for American Express on and off for over fifteen years. Would go back if given the opportunity.
Pros
Work at Home
Cons
High Stress/Sales Demand
Great Place, great people good company
Javascript Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Amazing team of people with great service skills
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2017
I was a B2B representative assigned to a Medical company for an American Expresses Procurement program. This was a great position that was 60% travel. There was a satellite office here in Las Vegas that I was assigned to and the corporate hub was in Ohio and my American Express office is in Phoenix. The client relocated outside of Las Vegas and my position ended.
Pros
Worked from my home office and was able to be an independant self starter
Cons
Job relocated
great place to work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
I had an amazing experience with the company. I met many great leaders. The company is run very well with terrific opportunity for growth. I was exposed to many different departments and learned a great deal.
Amex
Lead Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
Amex is a great company - I started in a low level position and in 23 years I was able to work my way up the bar - Amex provides good training and mentoring. They reward performance - good bonus program if you earn it.
Amazing workplace with the greatest people
OPEN Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2017
American Express in OPEN small business you will take 60+ calls per day. Management is always there to assist you if you need it. You will be placed on a team and your co-workers love to help you improve at your job. There really isn't a hard part of the job, to be honest. The most enjoyable part of the job is how close knit you become with your team.
Pros
everything
Great place to work at
Intern IT - Global Risk Technology (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Amazing place to work at. The people treat you well and are very friendly. There is always work to be done so you are always being challenged everyday.
Pros
Great Cafeteria
Entirely new Working environment
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2017
I have a new working environment here because i haven't know how things work here but i really enjoyed working here and i had a great time.
good
Customer Service/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Linton, NDJanuary 13, 2017
Although I only worked for American Express for 2 years I enjoyed the work I did. The hardest part of the job was having 2 co-workers that did not carry their weight so more work fell on me. The hardest thing for me was even though they tracked the percentage of work each person in the department did, we all got the same raise.
Awesome organization
Senior Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
You will find the best in yourself being productive here. Excellent place to work and grow. Connecting the dots is a skill you hone here and the freedom to do so is yours to own.
Strong culture
Director - Corporate Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Strong culture, great place to train and advance your career if you put the effort into it.
Management is great. Co-workers are team oriented and very bright.
Nice Place
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2017
It was really a good experience working with amex. It was huge exchange of knowledge. I had fun, very friendly environment
Meh
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Bait and switch is quite common. Hired for one thing and to support one person, ended up doing something completely different and supporting an entire team, in addition to my own personal projects.
Senior Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Excellent job great place to work
Fast paced work environment
Open work space environment
Excellent benefits
Many opportunities
Good Life/Work Balance
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Horrable Performance Appraisal process
Great Company
Assisting business owners (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I love working for this company. This company is really great and has great benefits and enjoy all the things this company.. 401K,HEALTH,DENTAL AND VISION
Enjoyed work at American Express
Systems Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Enjoyed working at American Express - A really good company, Would still be working there today but like most global companies today AMEX too is constantly pressured to reduce cost and offshore work. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Great company
Cons
N/A
Fun workplace but under dynamic changes due to investor pressures
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 9, 2017
A wonderful workplace for over 18 years however, the direction of the this organization is cost margins and outsourcing any skill-set that will provide a temporary lift to stockholders. This organization has laid-off over 12,000 employees since my arrival in 1995. It is just more practical to issue H1 visas for overseas talent at a fraction of the cost. This I a wonderful organization who in my opinion, may be disillusioned by the global workforce.
Pros
Good dinint facility
Cons
No time for hourly employees to utilized management benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2