American Express Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,845 reviews matching the search
Not recommended
Credit Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2016
I do not recommend this place for a first job. No training, bad leadership and did not learn anything good. Work life balance is unbearably horrible.
enjoyment
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 9, 2016
I worked there AS a QA Engineer. With all skills.
I enjoyed the atmosphere there.
Now am looking for a change in Bay Area CA
Be prepared to be challenged.
Corporate Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2016
Great work life balance, culture is amazing. Acknowledge hard work and recognition. Interview process is quite challenging but overall worth jump
Good starter job for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2016
This company is out of business now in the Greensboro area. I worked there when I first moved to Greensboro and was very pleased with management. It was a great growing experience.
Smart, hardworking colleagues - tough to advance
Analyst, U.S. Consumer Marketing & Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
PROS:
- Well-recognized brand
- Continuously invests in innovation
- Supportive, hardworking colleagues
- Flexible work hours

CONS:
- Depends on the team, can be hard to advance, and need support to move up the career ladder
- Frequent organizational changes
- 'Always online' culture
good people and learn more and fun
Jr Engineering (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
Great place to work.i learn a lots about programing and company culture.all coworker are helpful,they will hrlp you if you got stucks .i really enjoy working at American Express.
I worked only for a little project for them
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
I did a test automation framework while working with an intermediary company that worked for them. All the team agreed the desired approach and we all were very happy forever.
American Express has always been at the cutting-edge of technology and data science
Tableau Server Admin/ Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
The data that flows through American Express’ closed-loop network is an important competitive advantage for the company. By joining the Big Data team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with one of the largest, most unique and valuable data sets in the entire world. For decades, we have leveraged this rich data to help make our products and services more relevant to customers, support commerce between our Card Members and merchants, and manage risk.
Great benefits
Senior Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 5, 2016
Great environment if you just want to plug in and get a job done. If you want to make a difference, this is NOT the place for you. Unless you are a VP (they are very top heavy in VPs by the way), you don't really have a say in what happens on a day to day basis. The company is very vocal about peer reviews and surveys to make the working environment more appealing to all stages (entry-level up to senior management) of your career.
Pros
On-site cafeteria, on-site wellness center, on-site gym.
Cons
Top heavy in senior management - making a difference is not possible.
Employee Friendly Environment
Human Resource Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 4, 2016
Work Life Balance. Great Work Schedule. Great Culture. Customer Oriented. Job Security. Future Forward Management Style
Pros
Great Incentive Packages
Great Company to work for.
Project Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2016
They are going through some growing pains right now. They are tightening they're belts and combining work. So jobs are being cut.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Job Security
Thankful for this learning experience in the credit card industry
Credit Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 1, 2016
Intensive training which was very thorough and needed. Position itself was very challenging. They've got it down to a system.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria
Cons
Afternoon shift
great company
Travel Agent & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 1, 2016
I have nothing negative to say about this company at all this is a wonderful place to work and the mgt are excellent I would recommend anyone to work for this great company.
American Express is a great place to work!
Billing & Payment Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 27, 2016
I love that place!!!! Its a culture melting pot, where you can thrive if you work hard. I got layed off in 2015, but I have nothing but love for AMEX!!! Great place to work!
Pros
Cons
Too much politics but that is everywhere
Can make great money but no supervision
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2016
As a collection specialist you can make great money but it's extremely stressful. Along with this, there is very little help from your immediate supervisor regarding training or feedback. If there is a complaint, AMEX doesn't protect their collectors at all. They expect perfection on every call and if a customer gets upset you are left twisting in the wind by the company. The benefits are great and so is the money.
Pros
Benefits, money
Cons
Horrible management and company doesn't protect it's collectors
Today was a good productive night
SOS Security (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 25, 2016
This job is a very laid back job, not hard at all just follow directions or whats been told. The best part about this job is that you get bonuses and very much overtime.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short Breaks
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2016
Overall very solid company. Good work life balance and generally willing to provide career growth. I would recommend working at Amex.
na
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2016
Competitive sales environment. Peers are helpful and very easy to get along with. Paid time off is difficult to schedule but you get it up front at the beginning of the year.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
stressful
Great people
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
My co-workers are smart and supportive, and the most enjoyable part of the job is the people. The management tries to be fair and there is a big focus on development and leading people. It takes a while to navigate through the company.
Amazing place to work and great benefits
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2016
I was able to learn how to always provide the best customer service to each of my clients. I made sure I will go above and beyond to assured that when the client hang up, the client was pleased with the service, aware of the benefits and that the could feel my passion to serve them was my priority. I worked in many different departments caused I always strive to learn other skills that will enhance my customer service knowledge and then share it with other colleagues so we could all as a team could perform at the best level and keep the integrity of our institution. I really enjoyed my time there and I am grateful for all the opportunities I encounter to learn and acquire wisdom, skills and knowledge and definitely, Amex provided an excellent training to the employees and a great benefit program for me.
Pros
Provided excellent customer service skills that had enhance my life
Cons
That the call center was moved away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2