American Express
1,640 reviews

American Express Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
IMPLENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJApril 11, 2015
Pros: Career Advancement Training
American Express is a very professional company that encourages their employees to grow. They also support a healthy work/life balance.
Great place to work overall. People are great and so are benefits and brand
Engagement/Leadership/Development (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits for all employees and acitivities
Cons: very sort breaks for line employees and little time for training and coaching
I came to American Express with a great deal of Expertise and Education. I brought the "consultant " concept to the HR Dept. and was instrumental in implementing the client consultant process.

Typical days at work included, working with clients on the proposed and approved interventions, training and coaching designing and working with clients on programs to be delivered, and delivery of these programs.

I learned to work with all levels of management and working in matrix environment.

I had amazing coworkers and we shared knowledge and skills with each other with great team work.

The hardest part of the job, was the amount of change that transpired that at times made it extremely difficult to do our jobs. Change is a part of life but too much created a great deal of stress for our clients. I was very adaptable to the changes and helped many through them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that I indeed had made an impact on so many people. When they would come to me and tell me what they did or accomplished or decided to go back to school or got promoted, due to something they learned from me it was very impactful and rewarding for me to have touched so many lives.
Great Place to work as it pertains to work/Life Balance. Great Company for working parents
Executive Assistant I (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Pros: Flexibility in work schedule
Cons: Salary could be a little more competitive!
The company is great for providing it's employees with ample training, networking events and work/life balance.

A regular day for me consist of networking with both enternal and external clients. Scheduling meetings and coordinating all meeting logistics. Answering phones with heavy call volume and directing inquires to proper departments. Proactively reviewing calendars and resolving scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.

For the most part leadership is very forward thinking in their approach of obtaining new talent.

Hardest part of my day is the commute and the most enjoyable part of my day is being an intergrual part of my team and helping them succeed.
Architect (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2015
Learned and experienced lots of things, management is superb, co-workers are supportive and this led to happy work environment.
Great work environment where everyone is willing to help others
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), PhoenixApril 9, 2015
Review fraud calls to ensure day to day operations were conducted in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and company policies.

In addition, acted as the Learning and Domain administrator for the Learning Management System where I uploaded, assigned and tracked regulatory training.

I learned a lot about Excel in addition to LMS.

Since there is a lot of grey areas in my job, the hardest part would be whether or not an actual error was identified.
Good Work Culture
SAP HANA Consultant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 9, 2015
Flexibility of work hours and you can work from home when you are in need. Management is very good to understand employee needs.
Company does not care about employees personal needs
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Working from Home in Virtual office
Cons: Inability to get a break after a difficult phone call.
Typical day on the job is being plugged into a phone for 8 hours with barely any time for lunch. Managers who care more about getting that next call more than their employees needs. Virtually impossible to get the days off you need or want.
fraud analyst
Fraud Risk Agent (Former Employee), slc,utApril 7, 2015
I Work at American Express in the fraud risk verification department, Performed analysis of possible Fraudulent Internet, phone, change of address fraudulent charges on credit card accounts, Processing or denying Ach/Refunds/Checks and Wire transfers.
Analyzed any related accounts for a possible trend of fraudulent activity, Creating a cases and reporting to appropriate government department and informing call center managers of any new fraudulent techniques in social engineering used by fraudsters Investigated suspicious activity on Accounts. Processing incoming emails and determine if the document is valid or fraudulent, either approve or deny customers request for new accounts or a request for a link of customer bank account updating and informing customer , taking escalated supervisor calls, maintaining account alerts and case management.
A wounderful work enviroment
Mail room (Former Employee), Westion FloridaApril 7, 2015
I must say that when I first started working there I was a little scared .. lol .. I found it to be a very healthy work environment and the staff was very friendly and helpful. This was just a temp job so I really don't have much to say other than if they wanted me to come back I would be more than happy to come back and join the crew ..
High energy, decicated personnel.
Global Account Manager, Global Client Group (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2015
Amex is always looking to the future for where their products and services should be, reading the environment and social trends that impact the "payment space".
Home Base Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed my position with American Express. The constant change of schedule was a dilemma for me, but other than that it was very informative and fulfilling.
Account Manager
assist customers (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 2, 2015
in a typical workday i service calls from various card members anything from taking payments to setting up disputes. The job itself in not really hard it's just a bit tedious, you take the same calls over and over again.
Awesome place to work
BUSINESS ARCHITECT (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2015
Best place to work. Awesome personal and work life balance. Little concerns about Job security but then again you have to keep upgrading your skills to be relevant. Overall company to work for your life.
Easy company to work for
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: Business Finance
Monday-Fridays 8-5 to be sufficient and team builder, Great respect for management. Easy to make friends and respect each others culture. Learning time management. Shared ideas.
Its very fun and productive to work in American express. I really like it
Technical Lead & Architect (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FloridaApril 1, 2015
Its very fun and productive to work in American express. I really like it. Good Work life balance. Very good supervisors and people manager.
BI, FP&A, Strategy and Business Development
Director of Business Intelligence (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2015
Ample work-life balance. A little lack of focus and leadership.
A lot of exciting new things happening at Enterprise Growth that are working on the financial inclusion goal
Good company to work for. Great training program
International Rate Specialist (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Incentives. Competitive pay. Training. Virtual positions available
Cons: Work life balance can be hard to manage when working in a 24/7 environment
I've held multiple positions in the Global Travel Department. The most consistent aspect is competitive pay. Great training.
Flexible Schedule
Magazine Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, MIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Learned multipe tasks
Cons: Small office atmosphere
Enjoyed the flexibility
Supporting sales staff allowed for growth and learning
Able to work independently
Great location
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Sr. Oracle/MySQL Database Administrator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2015
Good place to learn, friendly management, challenging job, good perks,most enjoyable part of job is learning and presenting as a team lead

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Salaries