American Express
1,690 reviews

American Express Employee Reviews

Hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMay 9, 2015
Good money, hard work, unrealistic goals. Management tries their best. I found it very stressful, but good money. it is a nice company to work for. Many benefits.
Productive and fun work place with a game room
Intern (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 9, 2015
In my time at American Express I was exposed to multiple opportunities, the company paid approximatly 6,500 for my certification in top level software and other trainings. If you're working as a customer care professional it can be hectic but the pace as a technology worker is a bit slower.
Travel
Lead Specialist Centurion/Platinum (Current Employee), Las VegasMay 8, 2015
This is a virtual job. With a good work/life balance as well as compensation. Great management that helps you learn as well as helps answer any questions you have.
Has lost its luster
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2015
Pros: Relaxed work environment compared to other companies in the financial-services industry
Cons: Health plans have high deductibles, little corporate discounts, advancements are not equitable among all employees, lack strong leaders
Company is struggling to cope with changing business environments, which include younger workforce and unprofitabble investments in previous years.

The company is slow to turn itself around. As a result, it's losing many talented employees.
Great company to start your career at
Senior Manager, Product Management (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2015
Excellent place for entry-level professional who want to quickly get broad experience and be able to move around the organization.
American Express is a great company
Senior Executive Assistant, Global Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2015
American Express is a great company, have been with the company 8 years and has an excellent work life balance. Please ask any other questions you would like to know. Happy to share my experiences.
productive
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Good company
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Micro-managing management
I enjoyed working for Amex, but the corporate structure was too much! They really micro-managed everything. They recorded all of the ohine calls, told us what color to wear each day, etc.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Plantation, FlMay 5, 2015
Great place to work, very open environment. help with customer credit card needs and travel occasions, also help with payments.
Challenging Work in a Fast Moving Envioronment
OPEN Commercial Underwriter/Financial Analyst I (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMay 4, 2015
Overall a great place to work with strong support from leaders and peers. Benefits and work life balance are amazing! Strong 401K match and profits sharing is a huge bonus.
Good company to work for.
Financial Analyst and Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), New Brighton, MNMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good opportunity for growth.
Cons: I didn't always see the right care for clients.
Overall this is a good, solid company. I worked within sales which ultimately was not a good fit for me. When I decided to leave the company offered me a unique position that was a better fit for my skill set which I really appreciated. Ultimately, the environment still was not a good match, so I left the company.
Excellent Compensation/Benefits
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2015
Pros: Awesome Break room and fitness studios
Cons: weird break schedule and Management
American Express was a great place to work, I just wish their Management was on the same page in the Australia/New Zealand department.
Excellent Benefit and Bonus Capabilities
CCP/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Team Captains (management), benefits, and bonus abilities.
Cons: Constant call flow, stationary for extended periods of time.
Have been working there for over 4 years now and each day brings a new challenge. Policies and Procedures are always changing with the flow of product changes, etc.
Great life/work balance and people management, but frequent restructuring
Senior Manager Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great life/work balance, people management, nice co-workers, and office location
Cons: Frequent restructuring/poor job security, health benefits, slow promotion.
Awesome Environment
PEGA System Architect (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 29, 2015
Loved it. I learned so much from everybody and the programs.Everyone is willing to help you with any question or problem you have. It was a great experience.
see below
Service Recovery Representative (Former Employee), Plantation, FLApril 28, 2015
Handle irate callers who request to speak to supervisor... Monitor calls via the Avaya recording system and provide feedback to representative daily... Dealing with different personalities.
testing is very good, employee treatment is good
Technical Lead, GMFST (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2015
testing is very good, employee treatment is good. good management and very good planning. follow good process. everything controlled by employee.
Fun environment but strict procedures
Fraud Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2015
Back to back phone calls. Open chats to allow communication between co workers and with management. Continuous updates; hard and soft copies. It was a fun work environment. The company did a lot for employee moral.
Exciting field to learn and grown
Senior Director of Supplier Enablement US/Canada (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great company culture
Cons: 1
There are many opportunities in this field and especially in the Atlanta area. The payment/credit card processing field has plentiful opportunities for advancement given the right company.
productive
SharePoint Developer/Admin (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Salaries