American Express Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,841 reviews matching the search
Tsm
Backup Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 26, 2016
Post sales implementation of Tivoli Enterprise products suite project on all platforms and
Databases for Software Company. Trained/consulted Tivoli Enterprise Console (Rules-based
Event correlation manager), Sentry (System resources and services monitor), Courier (Software configuration distribution, installation and maintenance). Backup and restoration administration in a global environment implementing multiple systems and tools
customer service
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLApril 25, 2016
very good company good management ery good pay its a family environment they also provide back up daycare for emergency situations,there is also on clinic on site and credit union
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many lay offs
Filing . working on computers
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
working with coworkers . learning new things . Learning how to speak on the phone . learning how America express works . learning the bookkeeping .
Pros
first job from high school
Cons
not able to stay
Learning Curve and fun to work place
Salesforce Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
Agile methodology with Sprint Cycle of 10.
Co-workers are friendly and helpful
Hardest part is getting used to the fast paced environment.
Enjoyable part is working collectively with different teams.
N/a
Top performing Manager and Coach (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2016
I have chosen not to provide any detailed review in this summary section of this process. I would rather talk about it if asked in during the interview process. Thank You all kindly
Great Place to work
REGIONAL CLIENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 19, 2016
Great place to work. Many people stay there for 10 years plus. It is a company that provides good work/life balance. I have enjoyed and met many lifelong friends there.
Achievements of Sales and Services
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLApril 18, 2016
My typical day at work consist of self management skills while multitasking between customer service, cold calling and reports. I learned that mind over matter sets the stage for success and my management skills sell the deal while achieving goals. My co-workers competitive drive assists me with the hardest part of the job which is the non-stop dialing.The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the fruits of my labor, the pay check and the commissions along with the numerous awards for being a top performer.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
No holiday pay
Awesome place to work
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 18, 2016
I was a corporate VIP agent for Experian onsite chosen by the executive secretary. I had to quit because my daughter was diagnosed with cancer. I made air, car, hotel, limo reservations and had to be very detail oriented and very accurate.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
far to drive
Great place to work (Job/work life)
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 16, 2016
Great place to work (Job/work life). The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from different parts of the world.
Pros
Worked from home one day a week
Cons
None at this time
Developer
Salesforce Developer and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2016
same as in the previous project
I work with team of 3 and our daily work si ticket management and also create custom visual force pages and also do some admin work.
The hardest part of the job is to work on the apex code but it is interesting when we solve the problem all time.
Loved my job and the clients
Meeting Planner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2016
I was the primary liaison for our clients. Enjoyed working with them.
I learned to problem solve and be creative on working on difficult situations. The management team was supportive and open door policy. The hardest part was when someone on the team made a mistake and trying to correct with the client. The most enjoyable part was traveling onsite and working with clients
Pros
Travel, people and benefits
Good place to work but a benefits are not as good
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2016
Good place to work but a benefits are not as good. Management is not as involved with employees as they should be. Not much more to add.
Fun place to work, you will learn a lot.
Small Business Client Management (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2016
Good place to work, very particular on rules and metric grading. You will learn a lot working for them and you will develop your skills in customer service as well.
Great Company
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2016
Everything about this company is great, I enjoyed working here but had to leave to do relocation. Wish they had my job in Colorado because I would have never left.
Not for me to say
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC - RemoteApril 12, 2016
Your request will not be made. If you want that kind of information in writing, you'd better look elsewhere. This is putting job applicants in a precarious position. What you are asking is totally uncalled for and really should be reported to North Carolina as unfair business practices.
I strongly suggest you stop this practice and not make it a requirement of any job applicant.
sometimes stressful sometimes not
External Sales Support Unit (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 11, 2016
sometimes stressful sometimes not as much,learned word, excel to communicate with some co-workers, management and participated with some process upgrades.
Pros
technology is updated
Cons
management is not always intuned with production
Great place to work with great benefits.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 10, 2016
I enjoyed the time I spent at American Express. I love to help people and when I don't know the answer I enjoy researching to get the right answer. I had wonderful managers and coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Best work from home company
Relationship Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home BasedApril 10, 2016
Work life balance is great. I work in the small business credit card servicing which is fast paced with a high call volume. AMEX provides you with plenty of tools and resources to service their card holders, but they are aggressively moving towards a sales environment. I've worked in different call centers and once this starts to happen quality for the customer and moral of the associates seem to go down hill.
Pros
Flexible schedule, managers over all are easy to work with and willing to help
Cons
High call volume, to many non-controllable factors that affect your bonus
fun place to work
Training Supervisor - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 9, 2016
I loved working there, the best job i ever had. They took us to see Broadway shows, dinner in little Italy yearly trips, i wish they were still around here I would still be there.
Pros
gave you something to look forward to. I loved going to work everyday.
Cons
Productive, professional workplace to work. The best benefits. Nice lunch area with quality food. Clinic and daycare at the site.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work was as soon as I logged in to the computer and phone; assisting the customer with professionalism to resolve their technical issues with their accounts online.
Management was for the most part very professional and fair.
Excellent relationship with my coo-workers.
The hardest part of the job was not able to assist the account managers for business accounts in a timely manner due regulations that were not in hands.
The most enjoyable part was when I was able to put resolve the customer's issues promptly.
Pros
Excellent bonus incentives, american express gift cards, discounts to touristic places.

4.2