American Express
1,526 reviews

American Express Employer Reviews

Overall Working at American Express is very good Experience
Sr. Developer, Onsite Lead (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Work culture at American Express is wonderful. Had very good learning curve from technology standpoint.
Great Place to Work
Taining Coach (Former Employee), New York, NTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: compensation, benefits
Cons: frequent restructuring can lead to job loss
Great Company, benefits, and compensation.
Great Leadership
There is opportunity for advancement, just ensure you are a top performer and make to move quick.
No matter the position
Fraud Processor (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 22, 2015
It's just a call center like anywhere else, no matter how much they pay. Expect to be treated like a little peon and to have them berate you for failure.
work/life balance
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 22, 2015
work/life balance is great.

Amex is big on healthy living.

medical services are offiered to amex employees. Medical office located in tower
Current Market Experience
GCG Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), New york, nyJanuary 21, 2015
I support three different managers currently working on strategic marketing plans, content, global communications, and reporting for certain card products. I am part of the PRIDE committee which I am organizing cross functional networking events with other ERG groups, such as the Black Employee Networks and the Hispanic group.
Managed and maintained relationships and communication with major clients.
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the diversity of the new product was exciting
Cons: worked long days, a lot of traveling
I enjoyed working with the major retail clients, managing and assisting them to grow their gift card business.
Long hours with friendly service
Customer Care Professional Presort (Former Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 21, 2015
● Knowledgeable within presort● Drives improvement and solution● Addresses problems and shares best practices● Meet team goals also processses work in a timely manner ● Accomplished Daily SLA’s
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: benefits
My typical day would be logging on to the phones and assisting the customer with there needs far as balances inquiries,reviewing products and services that would save the customer time and money
Outstanding Company
Centurion Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2015
I worked with the highest clientele in the Centurion Department. I would receive inbound calls answering any questions, make payment, disputes or offering benefits to our clients. Also had to follow up with clients either with outbound calls, emails ect.
Third team to do the same project
Senior System Software Engineer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2015
It was the third team that tried to complete the same project for the same client. Should I say anything else here?
Great company and reputed brand name
Program Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Nice company to work for. Not many opportunities for growth in Fort Lauderdale area. Parallel movement at director level restrict growth opportunities for individual contributors into director role. Flexible work culture. Frequent reorgs.People frequently concerned about job security.
Not committed to work life balance
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: young high energetic work environment
Cons: not committed to work life balance
Organization talks a lot about work life balance but does not practice what the preach. While much of the organization preaches flexible work from home arrangements, not all parts of the organization subscribe to this philosophy. Many parts of the organization still adhere to the old school belief that you need to be seen by your boss to get credit for being at work. Environment is very competitive and results in impacts team approach to getting things done.
Organization is geared to the under 40 crowd, so if you are over 40 you need to watch out.
Busy Emergency Room
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Loved working in the emergency room. Helping patients, doctors and admitting the patients with insurance verification.
Good company to work for
Dispute Resolution Representative - (HVCM) (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJanuary 14, 2015
My experience at American Express was a positive one. The company offers a competitive compensation package. I learned a lot and truly enjoyed working there.
work life balance
Manager (Current Employee), New York NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: benfits
I have worked at American Express for nearly 15 years holding various positions in the tax department. I enjoy working with my co-workers and over the years have enjoyed work life balance. In my current role I get to work with all aspects of tax.
fun place to work, great extras
Platinum Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2015
as expected, there were many extras to working as a travel consultant. Sadly though I never really had a chance to experience many of them. My scheduled hours were in the evening and I had to leave due to my husbands travel that required me to stay at home and care for our young children. Nobody was willing to assist me with acquiring a day shift so I could continue to work.
Best Place ever
Platinum Travel (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 12, 2015
If you can get on, stay there forever. I loved it and I plan on returning if I ever decide to move back to GA.
Director (Current Employee), Phoenix AZJanuary 10, 2015
Good culture, cross functional environment, global organization, respectful culture.
an 8 time JD Power Award winning organization, major emphasis on providing Extraordinary Customer Care
WS Issues Management Team Leader (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and a favorable work/life balance environment
Cons: very few growth and develop opportunities due to off shoring of work
Typical day - each day is different, based on business needs, changing volumes & meeting Compliance deadlines
What I've learned - in my 19 year tenure, I've served in a number of challenging roles in 3 different depts: Customer Service Dispute Resolution, Premium (Platinum) Telephone Service Center and most recently, the Issues Management Manual Remediation (Compliance) Team
Management - highly skilled and tenured
My Co-workers - in all 3 areas that I've worked, I've been fortunate to work with very skilled, strong work ethic oriented and team oriented peers and direct reports
The hardest part of the job - nothing comes to mind - I greatly enjoy challenges, learning new skills and taking on special projects.
The most enjoyable part of the job - the satisfaction of working hard, hand in hand with strong team members and providing our Customers with outstanding service each and every day.
Best place for sales and advisory training
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Miami, FL.January 10, 2015
I developed my skills while at American Express in the Sales and Advisory fields.
learned to maintain high level of emotional competency.
Gave me the opportunity to build my name and practice in the insurance and investment community.
a great place to work.

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos