American Express
1,210 reviews

American Express Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Transport Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2014
Pros: excellent
Cons: excellent
great benefits and excellent job stability. fun place to work.
strict job with high stress but has rewards
travel consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management needs to improve
I have learned that if you do your job 100% with no negatives you can succeed but it is hard to do well in the company when the management is bad. American Express brings people in with no travel experience and try to train. The perks and pay is good but with the strictness and privacy issues concern me plus the members that call think they should be – more... promised the world. – less
Great Place To Work
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
Pros: it was a good environment with great people
Cons: can't think of any cons at that moment
It was a pleasure to serve such an amazing company for many years.
Great place to work with wonderful co workers
Travel Counselor for American Express (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMay 15, 2014
Booking travel for Platinum and Centurion American Express Card Members. Luxury Travel, Tours, Cruises, Air, Cars and Hotels in the most wonderful locations of the world.
Challenging environment with unrealistic delivery expectations
DIRECTOR SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2014
Pros: nice work facilities, ample parking, challenging work
Cons: work and life balance is exceptionally hard, you must be willing to make personal sacrifices
Company leadership support ITSM but don't always understand the complicated integration and support requirements.

Conversion to new ITSM tool has created a great challenge to the teams because of the complex work environment.

Leadership drives service managers and teams to complete activities and provide results even if it means taking shortcuts and – more... not keeping the focus on quality first.

Business Customers, and first to market requirements keep this work environment exceptionally challenging. – less
No day is the same
Specialist, Business Development (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
Pros: teammates
Cons: the hardest part of the job is once the sale is won - the setup process is a disaster
My day starts out with a quick check of my email to ensure there is nothing urgent to attend to. Then I begin researching companies I wish to partner with. I run a list of companies that have received investment from venture capital firms and I approach them to see if we could set them up with the Amex expense management program.

I learned how to flawlessly – more... read a set of detailed financial statements and learned a lot about the venture capital world and investments that are made into startup companies.

Management is focused on bringing the best out of their team. Some are hands on whilst others are a little absent.

Co-workers are great. Honest and hard working group of individuals.

The hardest part of the job is, unfortunately, after the sale is won. The setup process has multiple areas that need to be improved.

The best part of the job is meeting some of the brightest minds of America and working directly with them. – less
Amercian Express
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), 101 Mc nabb StMay 14, 2014
Working at Amex is amazing, people are very nice and professional and Amex is the number one financial institution in issuing credit cards.
handled the day to day travel arrangements for a mid sized company
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Boxboro MAMay 14, 2014
Worked within a small team to handle all of the travel arrangements for a global company. Made travel arrangements from individuals up to approx. 500 people.
how they treated people
Business corporate travel agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
they were not a people place the didnt care about family we were just a number
Busy corporate office
Business Travel Counselor (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHMay 14, 2014
Pros: 6 weeks vacation
Cons: salary/hours
I have been working for 29years in corporate travel industry. I make worldwide reservations for air, cars, hotels and limos. I am at a virtual at home schedule. I am very independant and self sufficiant. I am looking to expand in other career opportunities.
Presently unemployed (American Express Company)
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Plantation, FloridaMay 10, 2014
Company is a very good place to work for.
Flexible
Good benefits
Department was displaced, unfortunately, my position/role was impacted.
Great Brand to represent
Regional Manager (Former Employee), United StatesMay 9, 2014
This company pays well based on performance. Good Benefits.
American Express
Vice President (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 9, 2014
Pros: work schedule is flexible, opportunities to grow, interesting projects
Cons: difficult to progress without a sponsor, many organization changes
Overall a flexible place to work - ability to find opportunities, take on new projects. A very collaborative culture although that sometimes makes decision making slow
Typical day at work includes meetings to resolve issues, program management, business or project reviews, team guidance and coaching, partnering with business partners, vendors
Management – more... is varied - there are some excellent supportive leaders in place that help you grow and develop. As with all corporations, need a sponsor otherwise more challenging to be successful
Most challenging part of the job is getting consensus across all stakeholders
Most enjoyable part is the freedom to take on new assignments, learn new things, come up with new ideas – less
customer care professional, credit associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 5, 2014
Pros: great pay and commitment to the employees
Cons: can't think of any cons at the moment
American Express was a great place to work. They cared for the employees and was always there to help when needed. Hardest part of my job was not getting personal with the card-members however I learned how to stay focused and not get personal. I enjoyed most helping the card-members.
Too political
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2014
Politics runs the organization unfortunately. You can advance with the right manager, otherwise you will get stuck and leave once you can't handle the passive aggressive culture anymore.
Great Experience,Nice Work Culture
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2014
As I started my Career with Infosys I am overwhelmed with the Company Work culture,kind of Employee satsfaction.
It was a great and best working experience at Infosys.One of the best leading company that also leads in customer as well as employee satisfaction.
The best thing about the company is that senior managment is easily reachable and we always – more... been heard.
As a girl I never felt unsafe while working with the company – less
Asiah Keen
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Miami Lakes, FLMay 1, 2014
Inbound customer service calls. Assisted cardholders with managing their accounts. Handled large volume of calls daily. Used customer service skills to identify customers’ needs and also to be able to provide them with a prompt resolution. Navigated through various applications while speaking with cardholders. Resolve the customer’s inquiry at first – more... point of contact, when possible. – less
Customer Care Professional
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), PlantationMay 1, 2014
Worked with cardmembers assisting with accounts. Showed continuous customer service to cardmembers and potential members.
Progressive company with high demands on workers
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2014
The typical day involved a quick-passed environment with a strong desire to create a market-positive view of the brand. They generally accomplish this by taking good care of their card holders and give employees opportunities to move upward. Internally (for employees and contractors alike) there are stringent demands to achieve top performance. The – more... hardest part of the job was getting management to pay more than lip service to work/life balance. I enjoyed the companionship of co-workers and the opportunity to learn new things. – less
To make corporate travel arrangements
Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Westchester, ILApril 30, 2014
Pros: forfilling the clients requests.
Cons: when forfilling the clients request could not be met.
To advise a particular airline of the traveler would making a trip on their airline. Also, talk with a particular car rental company, if the client needed a car to drive to his/her business meeting. Finally, to let a hotel know that a client would be staying the night in their hotel.

To work all to for the same goal to get the business client to his – more... destination for what need to be done and return hopefully have them return home safely.

The most difficult part of the job was when we could not get the client home safely or meet the deadline that they needed to get to another destination.

The interaction of when we were able to what they asked for on their request whether it was a air, car, and hotel. One or all requests were able to be granted.

More can be explained on a personal interview. – less

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos