AMERICAN EXTERIORS Employee Reviews

very friendly and happy work eviorment
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2017
good place to work that doesn't expect to much except to bring in numbers. management is a group of funny people who CAN be great if they have the right employees, but tend to slack when everyone else does
Pros
good vibes, good places to eat
Cons
same repetitive thing day to day
Easy going sales environment
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 22, 2017
A day at american exteriors includes going door to door, tracking your progress within your map perimeter, and hitting target numbers for signatures received. I learned how to confidently approach people I've never spoke to before and communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Managment was fairly average, no complaints from most employees. It was a fun place to work, very easy going and.
The hardest part of the job is having to knock turf that doesn't yield.
It was enjoyable being outside and active during my shift.
Had to move on
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2017
Needed opportunity to make sales but not given opportunity. Was expected to do a lot of extra running on your own time and money. fun job, love working with people but not the culture I am seeking.
Pros
good life and work balance
Cons
no consitincy
Great training
Marketing director (Former Employee) –  MontanaNovember 10, 2016
Poor upper management decisions. Standard detachment from workers and corporate hogs. Very good training programs and excellent team environment. Benefits are great, except the health is not great.
Pros
Money
Cons
Cooperate bs
A fun stress free environment where you get to travle and meet all kinds of people.
A.S.T Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 31, 2016
This was probably my favorite job we went into work at noon had a motivational and educational meeting about different marketing strategies. Then after the hour long meeting we went to lunch before going in to the field and knocking on the doors of people in need of windows and siding. The best part was that we got paid by the hour plus sliding scale commission .
Pros
Few hours and great benefits .
Cons
Lots of walking in all kinds of weather .
It was door to door so fun most of the time, but had its nmegative side at times.
AST Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 14, 2016
You meet some interesting folks, some really nice and friendly. The other side is some people may not be to happy to see you. It is a performance based job, so when your not producing it can put a person in a long slump. That is why mental preparation is important. Over all one of the most fun and best jobs I've had.
Pros
No labor
Cons
Lot of traveling
Very fun and upbeat
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 27, 2016
Door-to-door jobs are not for everyone, but this one is definitely one you should take a look at. A typical day is meeting at the office, going out to eat, the 6.5 hours of neighborhood work.
unsure
Driver / Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 22, 2016
It was kind of okay. but kinda unsure.. weather is bad too often to knock here where its always windy and right now snowing and raining daily.
Pros
comissions
Cons
weather
it was fun work but was well equipped by company for the cold.
Door to door canvasserd (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 3, 2016
I personally liked the job very much but when it came to managment there was too much work related issues. Such as we door to door canvassers only got a thin coat for weather up to -7 degrees and were expected to work all day and some of the night.
Pros
Cons
short breaks no healthcare and also no communication between canvassers so we were always lost
Excellent for high energy people.
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2015
This company abounds with talent and focus. The art of guiding prospective customers to what it is they know they desire with no pressure from the Representative.
Great percs all around. The only concern is part of the local management needs to micro manage. This can get obnoxious at times.
Pros
Unlimited income, superior support from most management.
Cons
Micro manager, (singular) rubs you raw.
Difficult line of work; high burnout and turnover rates
Home Improvement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 14, 2015
My job as Home Improvement Consultant was attending preset appointments with homeowners to sell premium vinyl windows and siding using the Rodney Webb format to overcome buying objections to close same day. Excellent training and equipment was provided along with support from the District Manager. From 6 to 8 appointments were set per week, many requiring 30 to 45 minutes of drive time, and a good percentage leading to no shows, one legs or cancellations. No base pay or car allowance was provided, but the commissions were generous after a sale went green, half paid upfront and the other half after installation. Health benefits were offered but not affordable for families with sky high premiums and deductibles. In summary: a hard working, average salesperson likely burns out after 3 to 6 months while a handful of the most talented consultants earn over $80k/ year, and a few over $100k. Turnover across the board was extremely high with the average manager or consultant remaining in place (one location) less than two years. My co-workers were the best part of the job!
Pros
Fantastic initial and recurring training, and great equipment (window sample, kit and iPad)
Cons
Tough pace to maintain, no car allowance, uneven preset appointments, some poor installations
friendly work enviroment
AST agent (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 11, 2015
going door to door telling people about the company and getting names and numbers so we may offer a free inspection and offer our products
Pros
friendly co-workers, self motivatied
Cons
dealing with random rude people, hours didn't work with me to well
Fun, competitive invironment where you're always racing the clock.
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2015
We'd scout out a territory divide it up and start knocking on doors. I learned how to read and communicate well with people, while maintaining a positive attitude. Management was great at keeping us motivated. My co-workers made the job fun and competitive and we would often feed off each other for incite encouragement and motivation. Dealing with the weather was the hardest pert of the job. Hitting your mark was always enjoyable, especially when surpass your quota.
Pros
Ideal work scheduel. Time always went by fast.
Cons
The repetitiveness
Good Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2015
This is a good place for someone who would like to work in a small company. My coworkers were friendly and really do care about the company. Work is steady, but growth is slow.
Pros
flexibility, friendly co-workers, Pto
Cons
lack of room to advance
Poor Company
work here (Current Employee) –  coloradoAugust 18, 2014
Poor Company to work for
Micromanaged and not able to make changes within department
Good Environment
Lead Generator/ Solicitor (Former Employee) –  2100S 3600 WAugust 1, 2014
A place with a good environment, and has good long working hours
bad company.
AST Agent (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNMay 16, 2014
American Exteriors is the most unorganized company i have ever worked for i hated it.
Pros
free coffee.
Cons
everything else
American Exteriors a FUN company to work for!
Marketing & Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 24, 2014
I have worked in many different departments in American Exteriors, from trade shows to data entry to my current position in Marketing and Sales Support. Each area I have worked in has been filled with positive upbeat excited individuals who are ready to have some fun and make some money! American Exteriors feels more like a family than a $30 million corporate giant. I have truly valued my time with American Exteriors and am extremely grateful for the opportunities they have given me.
Pros
Fun exciting work environment
Great Place to shine what true colors of work ethic you do have
AST Captain (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2014
This is a great company to work for they have awesome people to help you every step of the way so you never feel left out. theres so much room for advancment its ridiculas. If you want to have fun and make great money this is the place for you to work at!
Pros
Great pay, understandable on personal issues, excellent communication, positive enviorment
Cons
not enough communication which equals confusion, overcomeing personal and work related obstacles
Awesome Team Atmosphere
AST Captain (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 23, 2014
I have worked for this company for 2.5 years, and it has been more than fun. The work place is an awesome atmosphere to be in. The leaders here are always there for you, weather it be for your personal life or work life. Always working to find a way to make you successful and accomplished. The team is always communicating and finding easier and greater ways to improve our style of working. Networking is a huge thing we focus on to hold ourselves accountable in other markets. I enjoy coming in on a daily basis and learning something new. We all have things we can improve on, and we all work together to become a stronger team. I love the fact that each day I am always taking something else new on to develop myself into a leader.
Pros
The pay and bonus structure is awesome, managers are willing to work with you in any way or form, The atmosphere is fun to be in.
Cons
Working in the winter months tend to be difficult, as well as working the evening shifts and Saturdays.