AMERICAN EXTERIORS Employee Reviews

A fun stress free environment where you get to travle and meet all kinds of people.
A.S.T Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 31, 2016
This was probably my favorite job we went into work at noon had a motivational and educational meeting about different marketing strategies. Then after the hour long meeting we went to lunch before going in to the field and knocking on the doors of people in need of windows and siding. The best part was that we got paid by the hour plus sliding scale commission .
Pros
Few hours and great benefits .
Cons
Lots of walking in all kinds of weather .
Very fun and upbeat
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 27, 2016
Door-to-door jobs are not for everyone, but this one is definitely one you should take a look at. A typical day is meeting at the office, going out to eat, the 6.5 hours of neighborhood work.
unsure
Driver / Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 22, 2016
It was kind of okay. but kinda unsure.. weather is bad too often to knock here where its always windy and right now snowing and raining daily.
Pros
comissions
Cons
weather
it was fun work but was well equipped by company for the cold.
Door to door canvasserd (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 3, 2016
I personally liked the job very much but when it came to managment there was too much work related issues. Such as we door to door canvassers only got a thin coat for weather up to -7 degrees and were expected to work all day and some of the night.
Pros
Cons
short breaks no healthcare and also no communication between canvassers so we were always lost
Excellent for high energy people.
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2015
This company abounds with talent and focus. The art of guiding prospective customers to what it is they know they desire with no pressure from the Representative.
Great percs all around. The only concern is part of the local management needs to micro manage. This can get obnoxious at times.
Pros
Unlimited income, superior support from most management.
Cons
Micro manager, (singular) rubs you raw.
Difficult line of work; high burnout and turnover rates
Home Improvement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 14, 2015
My job as Home Improvement Consultant was attending preset appointments with homeowners to sell premium vinyl windows and siding using the Rodney Webb format to overcome buying objections to close same day. Excellent training and equipment was provided along with support from the District Manager. From 6 to 8 appointments were set per week, many requiring 30 to 45 minutes of drive time, and a good percentage leading to no shows, one legs or cancellations. No base pay or car allowance was provided, but the commissions were generous after a sale went green, half paid upfront and the other half after installation. Health benefits were offered but not affordable for families with sky high premiums and deductibles. In summary: a hard working, average salesperson likely burns out after 3 to 6 months while a handful of the most talented consultants earn over $80k/ year, and a few over $100k. Turnover across the board was extremely high with the average manager or consultant remaining in place (one location) less than two years. My co-workers were the best part of the job!
Pros
Fantastic initial and recurring training, and great equipment (window sample, kit and iPad)
Cons
Tough pace to maintain, no car allowance, uneven preset appointments, some poor installations
friendly work enviroment
AST agent (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 11, 2015
going door to door telling people about the company and getting names and numbers so we may offer a free inspection and offer our products
Pros
friendly co-workers, self motivatied
Cons
dealing with random rude people, hours didn't work with me to well
Fun, competitive invironment where you're always racing the clock.
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2015
We'd scout out a territory divide it up and start knocking on doors. I learned how to read and communicate well with people, while maintaining a positive attitude. Management was great at keeping us motivated. My co-workers made the job fun and competitive and we would often feed off each other for incite encouragement and motivation. Dealing with the weather was the hardest pert of the job. Hitting your mark was always enjoyable, especially when surpass your quota.
Pros
ideal work scheduel. time always went by fast.
Cons
the repetitiveness
Good Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2015
This is a good place for someone who would like to work in a small company. My coworkers were friendly and really do care about the company. Work is steady, but growth is slow.
Pros
flexibility, friendly co-workers, pto
Cons
lack of room to advance
Poor Company
work here (Current Employee) –  coloradoAugust 18, 2014
Poor Company to work for
Micromanaged and not able to make changes within department
Good Environment
Lead Generator/ Solicitor (Former Employee) –  2100S 3600 WAugust 1, 2014
A place with a good environment, and has good long working hours
bad company.
AST Agent (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNMay 16, 2014
American Exteriors is the most unorganized company i have ever worked for i hated it.
Pros
free coffee.
Cons
everything else
American Exteriors a FUN company to work for!
Marketing & Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 24, 2014
I have worked in many different departments in American Exteriors, from trade shows to data entry to my current position in Marketing and Sales Support. Each area I have worked in has been filled with positive upbeat excited individuals who are ready to have some fun and make some money! American Exteriors feels more like a family than a $30 million corporate giant. I have truly valued my time with American Exteriors and am extremely grateful for the opportunities they have given me.
Pros
fun exciting work environment
Great Place to shine what true colors of work ethic you do have
AST Captain (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2014
This is a great company to work for they have awesome people to help you every step of the way so you never feel left out. theres so much room for advancment its ridiculas. If you want to have fun and make great money this is the place for you to work at!
Pros
great pay, understandable on personal issues, excellent communication, positive enviorment
Cons
not enough communication which equals confusion, overcomeing personal and work related obstacles
Awesome Team Atmosphere
AST Captain (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 23, 2014
I have worked for this company for 2.5 years, and it has been more than fun. The work place is an awesome atmosphere to be in. The leaders here are always there for you, weather it be for your personal life or work life. Always working to find a way to make you successful and accomplished. The team is always communicating and finding easier and greater ways to improve our style of working. Networking is a huge thing we focus on to hold ourselves accountable in other markets. I enjoy coming in on a daily basis and learning something new. We all have things we can improve on, and we all work together to become a stronger team. I love the fact that each day I am always taking something else new on to develop myself into a leader.
Pros
the pay and bonus structure is awesome, managers are willing to work with you in any way or form, the atmosphere is fun to be in.
Cons
working in the winter months tend to be difficult, as well as working the evening shifts and saturdays.
Awesome Team Atmosphere and Culture
SR A.S.T. Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 23, 2014
I have worked for American Exteriors for 5 years. I started at an entry level position within the marketing department and over the years have worked my way up. I have been entrusted with a lot of responsibility, and took the lead in creating two new markets along with creating many positions not only for myself, but also others. Team culture through the entire team. Superiors care about individual personal growth in skill sets along with position advancement.
Pros
fair base pay, generous bonus compensation and many competition prizes
Cons
work days and nights. fairly expensive health benefits - they are good benefits though
Make money and save the customer money!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 23, 2014
If you are an employee and a closer you make money in turn we are saving our customers money and giving them peace of mind that they choose a reputable company. The company is continuing to grow. We are courteous of the people we speak with everyday educating them on our products and how we can help them improve their homes.
Make a career out of an entry level position.My department offers hourly pay plus bonuses. Most agents in the call center double or triple their hourly pay with the bonuses. Tons of room for growth and advancement. Start making bonuses during paid training! We have had many success stories with employees being promoted and that is why we have such a great leadership team!
expansive growth with the leader in building products
Call Center (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 23, 2014
American Exteriors is a great place to work offering cutting edge building materials to homeowners in many states. The people that I work with really make this job a fun and professional atmosphere to work in. Theres room for growth with in and the company is always expanding and striving to be the best, that's the type of environment I excel in and am proud to be part of. The management is always willing to help and make it a great experience. American Exteriors is a great group to be a part of and we all strive to be the best we can its exciting to see what boundaries we can knock down and how successful we can be. Most of all I love knowing that Im helping people save money on the energy bills and making the home look beautiful and like reading the happy customer testimonials. If you know anyone looking for a great job with room for growth and advancement then this is the place for you!
Fast Fun Workplace With Daily Challenges and Rewards
AST Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2014
It is a pleasure to work for this company. I like to be honest and American exteriors allows me to maintain my honesty and integrity in a business field ( IN HOME SALES) not normaly associated with those attributes. Incentive plan that can double and triple salary. We provide one of the highestquality products in the industry. AMEXT establishes a new precedent for overall customer satisfaction with our Customer for Life program; giving homeowners total and continuing confidence in doing business with us.
Pros
incentive packages, vacation, personal days, trips, rewards, recognition
Cons
healthcare, communication channels with senior leadership teams
It's all about having a student mentality
AST Director (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 23, 2014
If you want to learn, grow through challenge this is an awesome job. If you want to just clock in and clock out like a fast food job, it's unrealistic to think you'll be successful. The toughest part of the job is "talking the talk" is irrelevent when you hit the field. Your character is exposed and you better be ready to find or understand your identity. You need to love challenge and thrive to be proactive about your own development. We can lead you to water but we can't make you drink.
Those that are williing to work and ready to learn it's an awesome way to grow as a person and in a career. Every manager has worked their way up to their positions so it's not a question if it's possible- the question is if YOU want to get promoted what are you NOT doing?
Student Mentality is everything. If you don't want to learn and grow then you won't. If you do, then you will.

It's that simple.
Pros
support, genuine aid, compensation, travel
benefits