AMERICAN FAMILY CARE

AMERICAN FAMILY CARE Employer Reviews

No Ethics
X-ray Tech/ Triage Nurse (Current Employee), Gardendale, ALMarch 15, 2015
Everyone works as a Team, managers are wonderful and some are DEFINATELY team leaders and care about the employees. But overall unfortunately the company has no knowledge of appreciation for their employees and no ethics. Making it the main reason for a high turnover.
Great learning expierence as a career stepping stone. Corporate needs alot of work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good learning experience, flexible scheduling, great co-workers, ipads, over-time, 10 hour shifts, lunch
Cons: corporate is dysfunctional and un-organized, giving a "sales pitch" to sick and injured patients as they leave our clinics, no proper "hands on " training, super low pay reguardless of your degree, clock out to be seen by doctor
overall its not a bad job and i love my coworkers. It has been a great learning expierence. i have enjoyed my time at afc but what i do not like is how corporate does not care for or treat their employees the greatest. It could always be worse but they dont give them the pay, the benefits, the time off for holidays, or proper training that the employees deserve. they dont pay you extra to do more than one job. they dont close ever except one holiday. they dont even close for the fourth of july. they wont negotiate your pay when youre first hired. they tell you a set pay that they come up with and thats it. no negotiation. they will low-blow you with pay. i dont like companies who treat their hard working employees like this. its not right. these employees went to school and have degrees that require a certain amount of pay that none of them are recieving at afc. not even close to it. there is not a scheduled 30 minute lunch break you have to eat between patients or when you arent busy. we can tell patients they will be waiting several minutes other management doent like patients waiting longer than 1 minute even if we are eating. the company could be ran so much better than it is and be alot more organized. the corporate aspect is awful and they arent training their nedw hires properly and stuff like that. the people who work at the clinics are great i enjoy working with them. one last thing you cant have your employees telling patients to " please refer us to your family and friends" these patients are sick and not feeling well the last thing they want to hear is a sales pitch. – more... im sorry but i will not tell my patients that as they walk out of afc. the last thing they want is for me to sell them something and half of the patients have been to afc before multiple times and they still want us to say it. it makes us sound impersonable and like we dont care if they feel better we just want them to send us more patients to get more money. that how it sounds to the patients. i had a patient say that to me one time and i agree with that patient. but like i said it wasnt a bad job and it was a great learning expierence but i cant stand when corporate treat their hardworking employees like afc corporate has that i have witnessed so far. – less
Great Learning experience
Medical Assistant 3 (Current Employee), ForestdaleMarch 10, 2015
Good for learning and cross-training in other areas. Co-workers are great, nice environment, but very very low pay scale.
American Family Care
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: easy over time
Cons: no designated 30 minute lunch break
I enjoy the patients that come in to american family care. It has been a wonderful learning experience for me. I have wonderful co-workers. But the turn over rate is high because of how corporate runs the business. We do not get a designated lunch break we eat between patients and right now since most of the clinic managers have resigned we are left with no designated clinic manager. The hardest part of this job is not having a designated time to stop accepting patients before the time we close and not having a designated lunch break because if we get busy it could take hours before we are able to eat and hours after the clinic is closed before we go home. there are only 3 people in the back so if one person goes and eats while we are busy then only 2 people are left and that takes longer to get patients out in the timely manor afc wants us to get them out. The corporate doesn't pay the employees what their degree says they should get paid. they set the non negotiable hourly pay.
It's a fast paced company to work for
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: being able to do what i love to do
Cons: short breaks to not having a break in a 11+ hrs day
I work at the Alabaster clinic and we are the busiest clinic. We have seen 10,000-12,000 patients quarterly. I have learned how to actually run certain tests on the patients and not just collect there blood. The hardest part of working at a busy clinic is when you have to work in the lab by yourself. You're responsible for collecting the blood on the patients and then testing the blood for results.
Fun workplace with great hours and benefits
PATIENT RELATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 23, 2015
I registered patients and scheduled appointments. I was able to use my college education in this field which I appreciated. My co-workers were amazing and so helpful and it was a fun place to work. I learned more and more about the medical field and had the opportunity to learn more about the field and how to draw blood and give shots. The hardest part was letting patients know that they didn't have insurance or not letting the patient have what they WANT, but giving/telling them what they NEED. I did enjoy helping patients and giving them the best care possible.
Fast pace and fun
Lab Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: working in the lab
Cons: sometimes we didn't get lunch because we were so busy
At American Family Care we were also an Urgent Care Clinic. We never knew how our day would go which made things interesting. I absolutly loved what I did there. I was a lab tech and I took great pride in my job. I had awsome co-workers and bosses. We also had some great doctors we worked with. I did anything from obtain patient vitals to starting an IV on them.
HORRIBLE management, favoritism, all about the money
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: management, no set lunch, etc.
At the Tuscaloosa clinic the manager is horrible, the hours are long with no "set" lunch, low pay, lying, manager talking about you or another co-worker to OTHER employees, constant attitude, negative comments all the time, one doctor is horrible and has no bed side manners, complaints at least every other one or two days.
Great experience builder
Management (Current Employee), ClinicFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: culture, experience building
Cons: salary
AFC has been a great experience. You are able to interact with the C-suite in certain situations when they feel they need on the ground feedback.
awful place to work
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 8, 2015
Cons: awful, lying, shady
The company,Ceo,President are all money hungry shady,insurance frauding individuals. We got no lunch breaks, we worked 12 hrs. Absolutely hated it. Ofc manager was a thief and a liar. she kept confusion and no one listens to you.
management horrible, pay horrible, isnt worth working there
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), TennesseeJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: none what so ever
Cons: low pay, horrible managers, long hours, no time with your family
They hire managers who have absolutely no experience in the healthcare field as managers. For the amount of time and money a person puts in for school, you do not get paid what youre worth. They lie and say you are full time when hired and you are not. They give you around 60-70 hours every two weeks and minimum wage pay. The insurance prices are ridiculous. It is a very terrible place to work, so spare yourself from the torture of long hours and no pay. You would be better off working for McDonald's. They make you drive to other clinics to work even if its 2 hours away and if you say you can not do it they will write you up for telling them no. They dont care if something is going on with your family or children get sick, its all about AFC.
Over Worked and Underpaid
Medical Assisting (Current Employee), Trussville, ALJanuary 16, 2015
The only good thing about this place is getting the experience to advance some place else. If you are looking to go back to school, find some place else to work because they DO NOT work around your schedule.
productive learning envoronment
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 15, 2015
At American care ,I learned a lot from doctors so, many different outlooks on the practice of medicine. Great training grounds for a productive a career. I was crossed trained to learn to run the whole clinic range from clerical, laboratory, nursing and radiology.
American Family
Workers Compensation Billing Representative (Former Employee), Hoover, ALJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: turn over rate
I did workers comp billing for this company the coworkers were great the management staff was very unprofessional and unorganized.
Great workplace, great medical facility, with very well mannered patients and Doctors.
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Montgomery ALJanuary 7, 2015
 Taking orders and serving the customers with their respective dishes
 Greeted the customers and introduced myself as they were being seated
 Knew the complete menu by heart and what was the special dish of the day
 Brought food to the patrons table promptly and warm.
 Helped keep restaurant clean.
I've already reviewed this job
Radiologic Technician (Former Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 11, 2014
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: management
I hated working here. The management is incompetent, the staff is a bunch of whiny women, and you are never given the hours or work schedule they promised you in the beginning, or the pay raises.
Best Place to Work
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Milton, FLNovember 29, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: management
Sacred is one of the best hospitals I have ever worked for. Everyone works together not only for the company but for patients. Great benefits and pay.
Love my job but looking for a little more.
Medical assistant (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: working to help peple feel better
Cons: long hours and no weekends and very poor pay.
I work in a fast pace walk in clinic where we see 50 to 100 patients a day. I help assist the doctor in stitches and minor surgical procedures along, with doing general vitals like , blood pressure,temperature , weight and height. I administer shots and meds and give direction to the office, I can work the front of office too checking in patients verifying insurance and answering phones. I do well under pressure and can work well in a emergency.
The worse unprofessional place ever!
Payment Processor (Former Employee), AlabamaOctober 18, 2014
Pros: 15 min breaks to take a breather
Cons: pay sucked, healthcare to expensive
This is a elementary school playground with horrrrrrible pay. Racial, Rude and ignorant behaviors.
Productive place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 8, 2014
A typical day on the job was spent taking care of the patients and maintaining a good workflow .Hardest part of the job was turning away patients that couldn't afford care. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people get better.

1 2 3 4