American Family Care Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Medical/ Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 22, 2017
Fun place to work. I would definitely recommend this job for anyone. Wonderful people to work around. Schedule is flexible which is wonderful. Just a good environment to work in.
bad
Medical Assistant/ Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 18, 2017
You do not get a lunch have of the time and when you do get to eat you have to eat and run all the time. Management does not care if you get lunch or not. They change your schedule without asking. You work 12 hour shifts and they can careless if you get a break. I love the people I work with but its hard to come into work when you deal with a lot of stuff that you shouldn't have to. The owners just care about money not about patient care.
AFC Urgent Care
X-Ray Technologist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2017
Poor compensation plan, poor training. the people wanted to work with the community and help, but did not take all of the insurances necessary to grow the business. Overall they meant well, but the economics is hard and the management was not local.
Pros
flexibility in hours
Cons
poorly compensated
Would not recommend this job unless you are extremely desperate
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALJune 14, 2017
I have never been so disrespected in my life. Managers do not care about you. Doctors will yell at you and tell you that you're not allowed to do the job you've been doing for months because you're not a doctor. Most of the doctors they hire don't have any business being doctors hence them not having their own practice and being docs in a box. have enough respect for yourself to never work here. Sure there's room for advancement...meaning they want you to learn every job there and pay you the least amount possible.
Cons
Good learning experience, enjoyable job atmosphere.
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 13, 2017
Pay is mediocre. Corporate management does not stand behind their employees. They have a hard time having Good Doctors commit to work for them. So they hold a whatever the doctor wants attitude. That would be great if they could improve their doctor pool, but many of those physicians are not knowledgeable or professional and have no bedside manners with patients.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses. PTO
Cons
Not promised a lunch break, even though you work 10 hours daily, Not allowed to leave the building for lunch. Corporate offices tries to avoid helping employees.
Good job for learning many tasks and skills
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 12, 2017
I enjoy working here. The staff is professional and have a pleasant attitude with the patients. This is a great company to work for. You learn several skills that can be utilized for future jobs in the medical field.
review
Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 12, 2017
Although we are very busy, we genuinely care for the patients. We do our best to make them comfortable. From Registering over 50 patients a day to Answering our busy phone lines i enjoy my job 100%.
good
Lab Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJune 5, 2017
Overall a good work environment and experience but hours of operation are horrible. The hours say 740-6 but you usually end up staying at the job until 7 and that just isnt for a family person with kids.
Fun Learning Environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 4, 2017
It is a great place to learn different areas of the healthcare field in one setting such as lab and xray along with different medical assistant things.
Pros
four day work week
Cons
long days, weekends required, hard to go to school and work here
Work till you drop
PRC (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 3, 2017
So, you don't get a lunch break to actually sit and recharge. You aren't allowed to have your phone, which is an issue for anyone who has kids. You are expected to work a 12hr shift, with no lunch break, but after closing and such, turns out to be almost 13hrs.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
No lunch break, low pay
Poor Management with No good pay
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  TNMay 30, 2017
There's a lot of favoritism with this company. The pay is horrible and the management is not professional. The doctors are rude to employees and some patients. No point of going to higher management because they're all close.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
No lunch breaks, favoritism, The pay, bad management
Pleasant, flexible and friendly environment.
Medical Coder and auditor. (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2017
Good place to work. I was newly certified and they gave me the opportunity. Pleasant, flexible and friendly working environment,coworkers and supervisors always available to help.
Challenging and Busy Workplace
Radiographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 19, 2017
I have spent 3 years with American Family Care and they have been some of the best and most challenging of my career. I will be sad to leave my AFC family in August. The Columbus ,GA location is one of the best to work at!
steady work flow
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNApril 28, 2017
Management was all over the place some times over staffed people and other times didn't staff enough people. Some days can be busy other days can go very slow. Not very consistent.
Good Company
Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 24, 2017
A normal day at work is quite steady. he hours aren't what i would expect it to be, but the job does have its good value. I enjoy my job, i just would like something that more up my ally in what I'm going to school for.
Expect to be disrespected
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAApril 22, 2017
Management plays favorites & they are bad at their job. You'll never be full trained because mgt is afraid you could take their job. Upper management is useless as well... corporate is no better. They pay you decently, no amount of money is worth being treated so badly.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
depends on what location you work at
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALApril 20, 2017
if you like being under payed, overworked, and unappreciated, american family care is the place for you. they pay you minimum wage and work you for 12 hours and make you do work that you are not even qualified to be doing.
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay, management, work schedule
Great place to be
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vestavia, AL 35216April 19, 2017
Working with American family care was like working with family! Everyone was always there for you no matter what you were going through. Every was treated like family! GREAT atmosphere to be in
Nice Facility But Slow
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNApril 19, 2017
This clinic was really nice and a nice location but it can be really slow so days can drag on a bit. Enjoyed working here but the drive was too far for me.
I enjoyed externing for this employer
Student Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALApril 17, 2017
I learned alot, the employer offered me a job after I graduated from medical assisting school and then I inquired when I could start after graduating from the program I was lead down and was told there was a hiring freeze and I found out there wasn't. I felt I was lied to by this employer
Pros
I learn alot
Cons
I was promised a job then they had a hiring freeze

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Family Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9