Licensed Customer Sales Representative Job Description
For James L. Brown
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: % of Time
1. Markets American Family products to new and existing policyholders. 30%
- Solicits and informs potential policyholders through a variety of methods.
- Develops and Maintains Agency social networking presence.
- Conducts comparisons to other insurers and types of policies.
- Deals with potential policyholders in a fair and ethical manner.
2. Facilitates policy issuance. 35%
- Calculates and quotes policy premiums. Upholds fiduciary responsibilities.
- Uses American Family underwriting practices knowledge in handling new sales.
- Oversees and coordinates collection of data for proper issuance of policies.
3. Handles customer inquires, complaints and situations. 25%
- Works to maintain goodwill of American Family and Agency.
- Responds appropriately to customer claim situations.
4. Maintains and develops knowledge of American Family products, services, etc. 10%
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
(The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.)
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
Appropriate state(s) license for insurance sales/agent. Related work experience preferred.
Note: Some states require a license to perform insurance related activities.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
Demonstrated knowledge of insurance concepts and principles. Ability to learn American Family products, services and computer systems. Interact with customers and prospects through social media. Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, maintaining of confidentiality, and ability to deal with people of diverse cultures, education, backgrounds, etc. Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to tactfully deal with people.
Type of Equipment Used:
General office equipment, car and camera.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
General office, primarily sitting. Some time is spent away from office and traveling to visit residences, acquire training, and conduct business in other public places.