American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance Employer Reviews

AMFAM
Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2015
Michael Hamilton and the portland team are a great place to work and place to work and provide everthing you need to be sucessful
Great family orientated company.
Office Manager & Licensed Producer (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: no room for growth, no health benefits
A typical day at work includes answering the phones and returning all calls, processing any necessary changes, and contacting customers for any necessary correspondence. Additionally creating and implementing marketing procedures, and office procedures to help maintain a high retention rate for current customers, as well as a high satisfaction rate. Eight years in insurance has taught me how to multitask incredibly well, with special emphasis on resolving difficult situations and assisting upset customers. I work with two agents, as their only assistant. I am the designated customer service representative, while they focus on sales. I handle all the eight computer systems on a daily basis to enter their applications, assist customers with their billing questions, and process all account changes.
no one lasts long
Medical Adjuster (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: everyone
This company has planned in and out the door dates Saw it happen to 3 people. Management in Denver is poor and worse in Madison WI
Overworked to the max. They have teddy bears with cameras to watch you. Sick people We called them pod people.The zombies from a movie. Once nice people who turned. Mainly run by Madison or they are seriously in the dark. Dark place
Insurance Agent Transfer Clerk and Data Entry
Agent Transfer & Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: coffee shop, very nice pretty place to work
Cons: temporary assignment
Transferred insurance agents for different purposes. Examples agent is moving or retiring his clients need to be placed with new agents.
Supervisors were supportive and team players
Document Solution Center Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: short term positions
I appreciated the supportive work environment. Staff were always ready to work together on group projects and willing to answer questions when needed. As a temporary worker it is sometimes hard to garner relationships with other colleagues but they made it a welcoming environment and I would recommend it to others.
Office Assistant
Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
The job taught me how to communicate effectively over the telephone and in person. Also, it taught me to work on a more professional level especially with others who are experienced.
Captive Insurance Agency
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good working atmosphere
Cons: cold calls for sales
Customer Service Agent for Property and Casualty (which I have a license for). Mainly dealt with customers over the phone--very few came into the office except for our Hispanic customers as we had a lady who was Hispanic employed in the office. Responsible for viewing and updating the report for the agency on a daily basis. Reported rate increases to the sales agents as well as delinquent accounts on the commercial side of the business.

I learned how to make cold calls for sales which was the hardest part of the job for me. I preferred to sell to people who already had existing accounts with us and encourage them to buy a product that would enhance their account with us.

Customer service--either on the phone or one-on-one--has always been my favorite part of my job.
Productive and busy work environment
Agent Assistant (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 27, 2015
I work at the front desk so I am the first person people see when they walk in the door. On a daily basis I take payments, process claims, answer policy questions, change policy information, fax, email, set appointments, and answer the phone. Also on a daily basis, I perform all the service work and marketing. I send out mailings and make phone calls. A couple times a week I will also meet with current or potential clients.
this was a part time job, pay was not as I needed but fun to work and learn the different systems
Office Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove ILJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed the customer interactions, by phone and in person,
I learned to give Insurance Quotes for Autos,
I entered customer payments
made reminder calls when their policy was due for payment
helped in processing claims for customers
Excellent Company to work for
Claim Specialist (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits, salery was the advarage for the industry, company vehicle
Cons: too large of territory.
Carrying out the daily assignments provided by the company
It is a top company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDJanuary 20, 2015
The company is great! But I worked for an agent, which means it is not the same as working for the company. Agents don't have to provide benefits or even paid time off. Most do offer something but it can vary. The hardest part of the job is learning the 10 programs they use for different things.

I love working with clients and knowing my product really well so I can benefit the client and the company.
Ok job if you like call center work
AUTO CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: management, policies
Be prepared to be micromanaged to death here. Every part of your day is monitored and tracked. Also, you are pretty much set in whatever shift you start at. I was on the same shift for two years after being promised that I would be moved to an earlier shift after six months.
Ship without a ruder.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: management has nor course.
Not the same company as when i started. I currently would not recommend this company to work for. Amfam changes course several times a year....no direction.
Scratch agency
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2015
Products are not the most competitive. It is very difficult to start a new market and be successful.
Great company to work for
Manager and Producer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Great company to work for. Love the people and have learned a lot about the industry. A great place for customer service and sales leaders. A great place to grow your own business. The staff is very friendly and have great clients. We have a great team of employees that specialize in auto, home, life, health and business.
Fun exciting opportunity to own your own business
Agency Owner (Current Employee), Rogers, mnJanuary 15, 2015
It is a great opportunity to manage a large block of clientele, staff and day to day business operations.

It is important to be efficient in managing your day to day workload. A typical day entails many different job duties. Some of the main job duties included, managing staff and ensuring accountability on their part. Marketing/prospecting to key clients and business relationships and maintain the day to day expenses of the office. The most difficult part of the job is to manage the high number of activities required to run the agency successfully and meet high sales goals. The most enjoyable aspect is working with the client to help cultivate relationships and protect their insurance needs.
Loved working their, people don't leave companys, they leave managers.
Sr. Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: short days, long lunches, easy money, little diriction from management.
Cons: can be fired on a whim, no wright ups, no warnings.
Management needs to be less sensitive, listen to your employees. Good talent is not cheap and cheap talent is not good. AMFAM should have a bar that needs to be met in order to apply and or work their, rather than a warm body that meets their diversification goals. Many incompetent adjusters who work their, because of lack of standards, such as a 4 year degree, some experience, industry education, great people skills that can negotiate, employees that are competent in many states, ones that work hard.
Not a bad job for someone out of school.
Agent (Former Employee), INJanuary 12, 2015
Processed customer daily activity such as deposits, withdraws, loan servicing, and opening accounts. Developing customer relationships, and working throughout the community. Learned a lot about corporate life. Loved my co-workers.
flexable work environment
Casualty Claims Investigator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2015
long days on the phone. very stressful, compensated well, but need a special person to handle the situations.
My employer would take me out to lunch and he would surprise me with gifts.
Customer Services/License Agent (Former Employee), Kent, OhioJanuary 7, 2015
I would open the office, check messages, run reports, return customer calls. Call customers in reference to payment. I didn't not have co-workers in the office. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customer.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve – Read more

American Family Insurance Salaries