American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAMay 26, 2015
Love working for a bigger corporation. Created a position for me at this company to handle the fraud claims. Hardest part of the job was trying to get it all done in one day.
Bad communication
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 18, 2015
Things went downhill pretty quickly after working at American Family for some time. If you can enjoy being tied to your desk in a corporate environment then this job is for you.
High pay potential
Agency Owner - Agent (Current Employee), Denver,COMay 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: No work life balance
Basically managing and operating a small business , has it positives and negatives. Not many vacations but ability to take an afternoon off.
A great place to work
LICENSED CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIMay 18, 2015
I felt very lucky to work at the Leticia Guzman Agency and enjoyed every minute I was there. Relocated to Utah or I would still be employed by Leticia.
Productive workplace with many non-work related activities
Claims/Support Specialist (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 13, 2015
I will order police reports to determine liability.
Request to obtain medical records and pay bills.
My management and co-workers are very friendly and outgoing.
Not much work/life balance
Producer (Current Employee), Spokane, WAMay 8, 2015
You work 6 days a week, not much opportunity for overtime. It requires tons of hard work, not recommended for someone who is struggling- but encouraged for someone who has a strong drive.
Quiet and Office work
File Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 2, 2015
I would come in and file a stack of papers of clients portfolios. Stamp and send out mail, sort out incoming mail for my boss and other representatives. I would make appointments, answer phones, and take messages. I also set up birthday cards for clients. I didnt have co-workers really, they just handed me papers to file. The hardest part of my job was not having any person to person contact. The most enjoyable part of my job was making appointments for clients.
enjoyable workplace
Front Office Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 29, 2015
Answered inbound calls and assisted customers with insurance accounts. Fax and filed paperwork and made outbound calls for delinquent account holders.
Provided Stenographer
stenographer (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: part time
Cons: some of the depositions were hard to understand
This was a part time job. I provided my typing skills and listened to accident depositions and typed just as each client described accidents
Customer Service
Customer Care Center Senior Auto Representative (Current Employee), St Louis MOApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Sedentary
AmFam has been a nice place to work. It can be a bit stressful, however. And the job takes its toll on you; I often do claims in my sleep.
There are Better Places to Work
Property Claims Representative (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOApril 16, 2015
AmFam is an old company doing things old ways. They should invest in their management and provide continuous learning opportunites.
Great for overtime, and loved the position
Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Over time
Cons: working weekends and 3 Saturday's of the month
Working for American Family was a opportunity that will last with me forever! I loved the job, the company, the customers and co workers. we were able to work overtime as it was always there and they always needed the help.
Two Thumbs DOWN
Agent (Former Employee), MNApril 1, 2015
Plenty of better insurance companies to work for. Do not recommend to anyone with dignity, morality or who wants to sleep well at night.
Worked for captive agent
Office Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
In my position as office staff, I work with clients daily which includes helping insureds resolve problems, understand their policies and assisting during the claims process. These transaction take place in office and over the phone.
Not sure if it gets any worse...
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 27, 2015
Cons: Missing hours on paychecks
No one wants to train or help you, but then criticizes when errors are made. Rampant unethical behaviors and no one does anything about it! BEWARE-RUN!
Enjoyed servicing, reviewing and quoting new business products.
Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours and working from home as needed.
Cons: New agent and agency contract limited resources to keep all former staff.
Enjoyed educating my customers so they could make informed decisions to protect their assets.

My co-workers were great and we worked as a team using customer calls to review needs, update personal information, email options for better coverage and suggest other products to expand their relationship with us.

The most difficult part of the job is working with some people on very limited budgets or who are experiencing income reduction and trying to help them maintain proper coverage with increasing rates while staying within their means.
Good place to start your work experience!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 23, 2015
I learned a lot while I was at American Family and I am very thankful for all the learning experience. If you are looking to gain more experience in customer service or sales, this is a great company to do so!
Not the company they used to be.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexibility of work schedule
Cons: company is top heavy with vp's
As most companies who have needed to make changes in a evolving market place Amfam has had really no direction in any positive form.
Work here only if you need a job or above minimum wage!
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMarch 14, 2015
This is a good place to work if you want to make above minimum wage and are in your early 20s. If you have a degree and want to have advancement opportunities, then keep looking. This is not the place for you. Coworkers are okay, but managers are relatives and very old friends and they do show a lot of favoritism or singling out people. Its a terrible culture. For a company to have the word "family" in their name, it's really a joke.
Enjoyed working here plenty to do.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: was able to have my imput and do it how i wanted to.
Cons: too much free time after everything eas done
This job allow me to home in on my work skills and allowed me to sit-up the office the way I wanted it to be. Picking out the phone system to the computers and even the mailing equipment.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve – Read more

American Family Insurance Salaries