American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

really nice people to work with
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 28, 2015
AmFam is a really beautiful campus with nice people. The work was not too challenging, and I was getting bored. I wish there had been more to do because I met some wonderful people and I would have enjoyed staying there.
Pros
beautiful campus with cafeteria and covered parking available
Cons
not enough work to keep me busy
Great work environment they try to help you advance
Care Center Claims Rep (Current Employee) –  St.Louis MOAugust 26, 2015
A typical day is taking claims reporting the first notice of loss. I learned to be very empathetic to individuals in their time of need. I really enjoy my coworkers. We help one another. The hardest part will be adjusting to new hours that were chosen for me. With having a small child I will not get to see him much. The most enjoyable part is helping others
Very nice place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 25, 2015
I come in early and get computer going, and voicemails taken care of.

I handle the clients needs, make any changes to their policies, follow up on changes to make sure they have been done and done properly, enter payments, enter claims, answer questions to the best of my knowledge. I pretty much run the office. I cross sell to current clients. The only things that I really don't do is business policies and life policies. I will talk to clients about them but the agent is the one that follows up on those 2 types of policies.

We hired a producer to get new business in the door.

The hardest part of my job is setting back and having my hours cut from full time to part time (24 hrs) a week.
Cons
No benefits, unless you want to pay out of your own pocket
American Family is a good company. They hire a good people and train them well too. The past couple of years the focus seemed to be on the numbers.
Property Desk Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Madison, Wi.August 20, 2015
American Family is a good place to work although it seems they can't find direction they want to go and stick with it. It seems they are always changing. It seems they are trying to copy other companies instead of doing what works for American Family.
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Under staffed and all about the numbers.
Fine Company
Producer (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 19, 2015
It is a fine company to work for, I just wish the benefits and compensation was better for employees and that older agents would realize the benefits of advertising/promotions.
Great Organization
Temp (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 19, 2015
Received excellent training, great management. Would love to become a full time employee with this organization. Seem to really care about their employees and customers.
Fine Company
sales (Current Employee) –  missouriAugust 18, 2015
American Family is a fine company. I wish some of the older agents would be more open to new ideas for sales generation such as drawings, contests, town festival booths, prize giveaways.
great work enviroment, and co workers were awesome.
marketing (Former Employee) –  Security, COAugust 12, 2015
well my typical day at american family was very busy with phone calls and appointment settings for the agent in the office. I managed our clients insurance policies through scheduled appointments or over the phone. I spent a small portion of the day dealing with billing issues and then just customer service like making our customers understood their policies and filing claims in the event of claim worthy circumstances. My co-worker was a great guy he always helped with my work loads and understood the situations that we had to deal with every day. The hardest part of this job was the agent in the office was at the end of his career and did not want to do what was needed to do by an agent, so my co-worker and I tried to maintain our customers needs to the best of our abilities. I loved the customers that we had, I have continued to keep in touch with a few of them after I left and I enjoy the kind things that they would say about us during our time there.
Pros
we could take time off with out much notice.
Cons
no benefits
Ok place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  WAAugust 11, 2015
Not a bad place to work. The pay could be better. Pay for same job elsewhere is higher. Number of monthly sales is more important than revenue and can get you in trouble if number of sales are too low.
GET READY FOR ALOT OF COLD CALING
Insurance Agent Intern (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 10, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT AS AN INTERN ALSO LOTS OF ADVANCEMENTS WITH THE COMPANY AND CHANCE TO OPEN UP YOUR OWN BRANCH IF DESIRED
Very nice job
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 6, 2015
it is a good job working with different people of all ages to make bossiness growing as well and to make a little bit of extra cash
Busy work, great structure
File Clerk/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 4, 2015
I enjoyed working for this insurance agency. The dynamics and structure created a great work environment and made me feel like I was accomplishing something useful. We always found a way to make even the angriest customers happy, which motivated me throughout each day. I learn a lot about professional socialization and customer service. This was extremely beneficial as I continued my career into mechanical engineering.
Pros
Great structure, Happy work environment.
Cons
Not many benefits.
Work Schedule
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 2, 2015
Assign claims to independent adjusters and coordinate with other workers regarding claims. It is a fun place to work for and employees are taken good care of
Billing
Billing Care Center Representative Level II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2015
The company has great benefits for the employees, however it is very difficult to balance work and life as they have a very strict schedule with limited opportunities for time off.
Forward Thinking Company
Agent in Training/Licensed Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 28, 2015
AmFam is working towards being a national company. With any company that is growing, you get growing pains. All in all AmFam is a great company to work for.
Insurance sales
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 25, 2015
For people in the insurance field, this job can be rewarding and time consuming. Hourly plus commissions are a plus. If you are an office manager, majority of your day will be answering call, taking payments, handling customer disputes and running quotes.
Worked with a great group and was great how we worked as a Team.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 21, 2015
With different phases of knowledge, was very easy to assist our clients in all faucets of their needs. A Very enjoyable aspect.
Pros
Being able to work with incredible women
Cons
Never being able to meet Corporate numbers with a goal being too outragious
Great Opportunity
Operations Services Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 2, 2015
Corporate should really pay close attention to Mangers. There should be consistency among all. A lot of favoritism and labeling going on. They should treat everyone equally, which they do not.

If the manager likes you, your in it for the long haul. If they don't well good luck.
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJune 29, 2015
was not a good fit for me and my family. I think they can definitely excel with an upgrade to their technology and processing procedures.
I LOVED this job!
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hermann, MOJune 27, 2015
I truly loved working for this company, but had to stay at home due to my children being small. I loved working with people again, having great coworkers and having a great schedule.