American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance United States Employee Reviews

Provided Stenographer
stenographer (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: part time
Cons: some of the depositions were hard to understand
This was a part time job. I provided my typing skills and listened to accident depositions and typed just as each client described accidents
Customer Service
Customer Care Center Senior Auto Representative (Current Employee), St Louis MOApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Sedentary
AmFam has been a nice place to work. It can be a bit stressful, however. And the job takes its toll on you; I often do claims in my sleep.
There are Better Places to Work
Property Claims Representative (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOApril 16, 2015
AmFam is an old company doing things old ways. They should invest in their management and provide continuous learning opportunites.
Great for overtime, and loved the position
Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Over time
Cons: working weekends and 3 Saturday's of the month
Working for American Family was a opportunity that will last with me forever! I loved the job, the company, the customers and co workers. we were able to work overtime as it was always there and they always needed the help.
Two Thumbs DOWN
Agent (Former Employee), MNApril 1, 2015
Plenty of better insurance companies to work for. Do not recommend to anyone with dignity, morality or who wants to sleep well at night.
Worked for captive agent
Office Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
In my position as office staff, I work with clients daily which includes helping insureds resolve problems, understand their policies and assisting during the claims process. These transaction take place in office and over the phone.
Not sure if it gets any worse...
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 27, 2015
Cons: Missing hours on paychecks
No one wants to train or help you, but then criticizes when errors are made. Rampant unethical behaviors and no one does anything about it! BEWARE-RUN!
Enjoyed servicing, reviewing and quoting new business products.
Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours and working from home as needed.
Cons: New agent and agency contract limited resources to keep all former staff.
Enjoyed educating my customers so they could make informed decisions to protect their assets.

My co-workers were great and we worked as a team using customer calls to review needs, update personal information, email options for better coverage and suggest other products to expand their relationship with us.

The most difficult part of the job is working with some people on very limited budgets or who are experiencing income reduction and trying to help them maintain proper coverage with increasing rates while staying within their means.
Good place to start your work experience!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 23, 2015
I learned a lot while I was at American Family and I am very thankful for all the learning experience. If you are looking to gain more experience in customer service or sales, this is a great company to do so!
Not the company they used to be.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexibility of work schedule
Cons: company is top heavy with vp's
As most companies who have needed to make changes in a evolving market place Amfam has had really no direction in any positive form.
Work here only if you need a job or above minimum wage!
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMarch 14, 2015
This is a good place to work if you want to make above minimum wage and are in your early 20s. If you have a degree and want to have advancement opportunities, then keep looking. This is not the place for you. Coworkers are okay, but managers are relatives and very old friends and they do show a lot of favoritism or singling out people. Its a terrible culture. For a company to have the word "family" in their name, it's really a joke.
Enjoyed working here plenty to do.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: was able to have my imput and do it how i wanted to.
Cons: too much free time after everything eas done
This job allow me to home in on my work skills and allowed me to sit-up the office the way I wanted it to be. Picking out the phone system to the computers and even the mailing equipment.
AMFAM
Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2015
Michael Hamilton and the portland team are a great place to work and place to work and provide everthing you need to be sucessful
Great family orientated company.
Office Manager & Licensed Producer (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: no room for growth, no health benefits
A typical day at work includes answering the phones and returning all calls, processing any necessary changes, and contacting customers for any necessary correspondence. Additionally creating and implementing marketing procedures, and office procedures to help maintain a high retention rate for current customers, as well as a high satisfaction rate. Eight years in insurance has taught me how to multitask incredibly well, with special emphasis on resolving difficult situations and assisting upset customers. I work with two agents, as their only assistant. I am the designated customer service representative, while they focus on sales. I handle all the eight computer systems on a daily basis to enter their applications, assist customers with their billing questions, and process all account changes.
no one lasts long
Medical Adjuster (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: everyone
This company has planned in and out the door dates Saw it happen to 3 people. Management in Denver is poor and worse in Madison WI
Overworked to the max. They have teddy bears with cameras to watch you. Sick people We called them pod people.The zombies from a movie. Once nice people who turned. Mainly run by Madison or they are seriously in the dark. Dark place
Insurance Agent Transfer Clerk and Data Entry
Agent Transfer & Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: coffee shop, very nice pretty place to work
Cons: temporary assignment
Transferred insurance agents for different purposes. Examples agent is moving or retiring his clients need to be placed with new agents.
Supervisors were supportive and team players
Document Solution Center Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: short term positions
I appreciated the supportive work environment. Staff were always ready to work together on group projects and willing to answer questions when needed. As a temporary worker it is sometimes hard to garner relationships with other colleagues but they made it a welcoming environment and I would recommend it to others.
Office Assistant
Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
The job taught me how to communicate effectively over the telephone and in person. Also, it taught me to work on a more professional level especially with others who are experienced.
Captive Insurance Agency
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good working atmosphere
Cons: cold calls for sales
Customer Service Agent for Property and Casualty (which I have a license for). Mainly dealt with customers over the phone--very few came into the office except for our Hispanic customers as we had a lady who was Hispanic employed in the office. Responsible for viewing and updating the report for the agency on a daily basis. Reported rate increases to the sales agents as well as delinquent accounts on the commercial side of the business.

I learned how to make cold calls for sales which was the hardest part of the job for me. I preferred to sell to people who already had existing accounts with us and encourage them to buy a product that would enhance their account with us.

Customer service--either on the phone or one-on-one--has always been my favorite part of my job.
Productive and busy work environment
Agent Assistant (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 27, 2015
I work at the front desk so I am the first person people see when they walk in the door. On a daily basis I take payments, process claims, answer policy questions, change policy information, fax, email, set appointments, and answer the phone. Also on a daily basis, I perform all the service work and marketing. I send out mailings and make phone calls. A couple times a week I will also meet with current or potential clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve – Read more

American Family Insurance Salaries