American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance Employer Reviews

Excellent Company to work for
Claim Specialist (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits, salery was the advarage for the industry, company vehicle
Cons: too large of territory.
Carrying out the daily assignments provided by the company
It is a top company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDJanuary 20, 2015
The company is great! But I worked for an agent, which means it is not the same as working for the company. Agents don't have to provide benefits or even paid time off. Most do offer something but it can vary. The hardest part of the job is learning the 10 programs they use for different things.

I love working with clients and knowing my product really well so I can benefit the client and the company.
Ok job if you like call center work
AUTO CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: management, policies
Be prepared to be micromanaged to death here. Every part of your day is monitored and tracked. Also, you are pretty much set in whatever shift you start at. I was on the same shift for two years after being promised that I would be moved to an earlier shift after six months.
Ship without a ruder.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: management has nor course.
Not the same company as when i started. I currently would not recommend this company to work for. Amfam changes course several times a year....no direction.
Scratch agency
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2015
Products are not the most competitive. It is very difficult to start a new market and be successful.
Great company to work for
Manager and Producer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Great company to work for. Love the people and have learned a lot about the industry. A great place for customer service and sales leaders. A great place to grow your own business. The staff is very friendly and have great clients. We have a great team of employees that specialize in auto, home, life, health and business.
Fun exciting opportunity to own your own business
Agency Owner (Current Employee), Rogers, mnJanuary 15, 2015
It is a great opportunity to manage a large block of clientele, staff and day to day business operations.

It is important to be efficient in managing your day to day workload. A typical day entails many different job duties. Some of the main job duties included, managing staff and ensuring accountability on their part. Marketing/prospecting to key clients and business relationships and maintain the day to day expenses of the office. The most difficult part of the job is to manage the high number of activities required to run the agency successfully and meet high sales goals. The most enjoyable aspect is working with the client to help cultivate relationships and protect their insurance needs.
Loved working their, people don't leave companys, they leave managers.
Sr. Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: short days, long lunches, easy money, little diriction from management.
Cons: can be fired on a whim, no wright ups, no warnings.
Management needs to be less sensitive, listen to your employees. Good talent is not cheap and cheap talent is not good. AMFAM should have a bar that needs to be met in order to apply and or work their, rather than a warm body that meets their diversification goals. Many incompetent adjusters who work their, because of lack of standards, such as a 4 year degree, some experience, industry education, great people skills that can negotiate, employees that are competent in many states, ones that work hard.
Not a bad job for someone out of school.
Agent (Former Employee), INJanuary 12, 2015
Processed customer daily activity such as deposits, withdraws, loan servicing, and opening accounts. Developing customer relationships, and working throughout the community. Learned a lot about corporate life. Loved my co-workers.
flexable work environment
Casualty Claims Investigator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2015
long days on the phone. very stressful, compensated well, but need a special person to handle the situations.
My employer would take me out to lunch and he would surprise me with gifts.
Customer Services/License Agent (Former Employee), Kent, OhioJanuary 7, 2015
I would open the office, check messages, run reports, return customer calls. Call customers in reference to payment. I didn't not have co-workers in the office. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customer.
reason for looking
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Clear Lake, SDJanuary 6, 2015
I truly enjoy all the clients I have in the past 24 years. I need to be thinking of my retirement future - this is why I am looking for a job that has those benefits. This is in a work place of an agency - not directly with American Family -
Friendly environment, caring and concerned employees,
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: several networking opportunities
Agency located in highly renovated suite of an upper social class status.
Good fit with co-workers in the office.
Opportunities to connect with various individuals throughout the inner city environment.
Great place to work.
Potential for career development.
Insurnace Agent
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), IowaDecember 29, 2014
It was a good life/work balance. The only thing I didn't like was they were always on you to sell more, more, and more. You think you did good by hitting your sales goal but then they wanted more policies sold.
Productive an busy
Licensed Office Manager (Former Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 28, 2014
A typical day at work would be answering the telephone and helping the customers out. working with my co-workers was fine. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to solve a problem
Am Fam
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, INDecember 28, 2014
Takes one week of classes in Indianapolis to learn insurance laws. I am new to a 9-5 job with weekends off and this has been the biggest adjustment for me. I am used to working all hours, nights, holidays and weekends, so the 'bankers' hours are a novelty that I am just now getting used to.
Great Place To Be!!!
I/S Student Intern (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 19, 2014
Pros: excellent!!!
Cons: i can get lost in those building.
I'm in my office all day coding. Worked with three other interns as well. They were great and very smart and talented at what they do. Managements are the best. They always walk in with a great smile that lighten up my day. We need more managements like American Family Insurance specifically to the managements I worked for only though. The hardest part of the job is when the systems are down or something is not working and it makes my productivity go down. I most enjoy working with the other interns. We got to share our talents, ideas, thoughts, and life outside of work. I love the people more than probably love the job itself.
Rating
Casualty Claims Adjustor (Former Employee), Eden Prairie MinnesotaDecember 15, 2014
American Family is a great company to work for with management that really listens to the employe's and the customers.
worked there 26 1/2 years let me go after I got condition in my feet would not but me on the desk.
Property Claims Field Examiner (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and benifits
Cons: hostel management, telling me to kill my self, and because of a medical condition let me go.
I worked 70 to 80 hours per week in the field , I got a condition wear I could not climb roofs because of the heat up on the roofs during the summer. I asked for a desk job because there were openings at that time. My reviews is 2013 were one of this highest in the four offices, but during a meeting we were talking about all the hours we were working and I brought up the hours I worked for great customer service when upper management told me in the meeting in front of everyone to put a gun to my head, pull the trigger and be done with it. Every one was shocked , They told me that I did not meet the criteria of a property adjuster because I could not climb roofs. They let me go in an e-mail how impersonal is that.
QA Manager (Former Employee), Madison,wiDecember 7, 2014
Pros: new technologies to explore
Cons: additional skills required for inbuilt applications
Typical Day at Work - Usually all prior few days for production we have experienced typical days as the current project I am working is health care and we get frequent changes from government (cms) .

Learned- Should very closely work with business and technical team to make sure teh QA assumptions matches desired output .Reviews are conducted on each phase of testing like test plan review, test case review , test results review.

Management - work friendly and supportive management

Co-workers- Competitive and friendly working culture

Hardest part of job - Requirements changes, No proper requirements, incomplete requirements and impact analysis

Enjoyable - Successful release with business team satisfaction and team appreciations.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve – Read more