American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

Great place to start a new career.
Licensed Agency Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, GAFebruary 11, 2016
Great place to start a new career. Job,work balance, environment and compensation and benefits really all depend upon the Agent.
Pros
Great Career
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85037February 11, 2016
This job pushed me in the right direction and helped me understand jobs I later went into. It taught me about billing and obviously insurance and some problems you would encounter in day to day life.
very good company to work for flexable
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working with them and they worked around hours I could be there. Always treated you as family .Everyone threw the company worked well.
Productive, growing and enjoyable work place
Operations Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 9, 2016
Ideally I would like to work in a flexible enjoyable environment. Some place that stays busy and with a positive attitude.
Fun People to be around
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 4, 2016
Working for American Family was a good experience, I learned a lot about something i knew nothing about going into it. Would have loved to stay if there was more work for me to do.
Great Company/Small Office
Licensed Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Working for American Family Insurance was a great experience. The work at the office was a typical office environment; filing, data entry, collect payments, make cold calls to improve sales within the office. I was also in charge of going out to the businesses in order to discuss possible changes on the current policies to increase sales.
Pros
Close to home, friendly environment.
Cons
Only 3 people at this office and no room to move to a higher position.
Great Place to work for
Receivables Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 1, 2016
Yeah this is an awesome job. I love the company, but I am looking for other opportunities else where. Hardest thing about job....maybe how there is fewer people to do more work.
Great atmosphere
Guidewire Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 31, 2016
Insurance company with a lot of lines of businesses
Great, diverse work culture
Multiple advancement projects and great future scope. Major competition for state farm.
Pros
great environment
Cons
management needs to judiciously fund projects
All around bad
Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJanuary 30, 2016
Helped me get p&c license and thats about all that was good. Management would not help what so ever, They will blame their errors on you and throw you under the bus when their error is brought up by the customers.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday.
Cons
Lazy, Divisive, Unapproachable Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJanuary 28, 2016
American Family insurance was a part time position for me and a learning experience. The clients were always kind..however they knew what they wanted and how much they were going to pay. My Co-workers very professional. The hardest part would be the time frame it wasn't a 9 to 5 job:
Pros
Pizza Friday
Cons
It an old building that was pretty drafty
Good benefits, old management
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Business Strategy (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 28, 2016
Great work life balance but a lot of old management.

There is a lot of people that have worked there for a long long time and are very comfortable.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJanuary 25, 2016
Great place to work, love the people who work there. everyone is very helpful with questions and getting you to the right place and getting the job done.
This is an ok insurance employer
Insurance Office Manager (Licensed Agent) (Former Employee) –  wichita, ksJanuary 24, 2016
I has come from an agency that was not a direct writer, so it was a bit jarring to be with a direct writer. The agent that I worked for was NOT a good insurance aent. He was unethical and broke the law multiple times. I was glad to leave, I liked the company, not the ager.
Dress for your day code with excellent management and culture
Life Operations Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 22, 2016
Working at my desk on a daily basis, assisting the Quality Assurance Unit and attending managerial meetings allowed for good communication flows and unique experiences.
Family Friendly
P&C Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 19, 2016
Family friendly co. Flexible schedules and great training. Sales training top notch. Cold calls hardest part, and best protecting dreams.
Very quiet environment, fun people to work with, and friendly people to learn from.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2016
coming to work, getting on a computer, and making outbound calls to different recipients and giving them quotes to be able to save some money on their insurance.
Pros
Very Quiet Enviornment, Nice people to work with, and great pay.
Cons
only a few hours a day.
Office management skills enhanced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHJanuary 16, 2016
Responsibilities included database management, customer service, office management to include - but not limited to - opening/closing office daily, phone/inquiry management, case review with recommendations. I enjoyed learning office systems and making recommendations to enhance operational performance and increase the bottom line!
Great Place to work
Sales specialist for Life, Health, Auto and Home (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAJanuary 15, 2016
I love working here but I wish there was more training. Sales can be hard to get without marketing. So you have to know what you doing to get the business.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Not much training
Fun work place
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2016
My days consisted of quoting potential clients. Servicing company insured. I learned to be patient with everyone you deal with. Whether it be other agents, co-workers or insureds. The hardest part I've learned that you can't control company increases and letting the clients know was difficult at times because you got blamed for it.

I have to say that this was an excellent learning experience and my most enjoyable part was working with people and being able to educate them on how insurance works.
Pros
working with great staff
Cons
short breaks, and no benefits
American Family
CSR/Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 13, 2016
Process drop box payments, review ANS reports, make payment reminder / collection calls to customers, greet customers and process counter payments via check, cash or credit card. Processed daily marketing material, answered phones, directed calls, took information for insurance quotes. Entered customer information in to database. Maintained customer data files. Scanned documents into system, faxed when necessary and all other general administrative duties. The managing agent was the only co-worker and he was wonderful. He's a great person, really cares about his business and his customers, who always came first. The hardest part of the job was sales. I'm not the sales person type and was never comfortable with that part. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers and creating that personal connection with them. You knew their name and they knew yours and I was always able to greet them with a genuine conversation.