American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

Forward Thinking Company
Agent in Training/Licensed Sales Representative (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 28, 2015
AmFam is working towards being a national company. With any company that is growing, you get growing pains. All in all AmFam is a great company to work for.
Insurance sales
Office Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 25, 2015
For people in the insurance field, this job can be rewarding and time consuming. Hourly plus commissions are a plus. If you are an office manager, majority of your day will be answering call, taking payments, handling customer disputes and running quotes.
Worked with a great group and was great how we worked as a Team.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Being able to work with incredible women
Cons: Never being able to meet Corporate numbers with a goal being too outragious
With different phases of knowledge, was very easy to assist our clients in all faucets of their needs. A Very enjoyable aspect.
Great Opportunity
Operations Services Senior Representative (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 2, 2015
Corporate should really pay close attention to Mangers. There should be consistency among all. A lot of favoritism and labeling going on. They should treat everyone equally, which they do not.

If the manager likes you, your in it for the long haul. If they don't well good luck.
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WAJune 29, 2015
was not a good fit for me and my family. I think they can definitely excel with an upgrade to their technology and processing procedures.
I LOVED this job!
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hermann, MOJune 27, 2015
I truly loved working for this company, but had to stay at home due to my children being small. I loved working with people again, having great coworkers and having a great schedule.
Small agency...myself and 1 other
Owner/Agent (Former Employee), Blue SpringsJune 26, 2015
Ran the day-to-day business, sales process throughout, hired and trained my sales associates. Ran a successful business with the help of corporate
Too many unrelaible people in management
Senior adjuster (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 24, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: poor management
Management when I worked here was not effective because most were not cross trained in multiple disciplines. Therefore many regular representatives had more advanced knowledge than management. This created a few problems when trying to properly interpret policy and caused the company to lose some people who would have been great managers if the existing ones did not feel threatened by their presence.
Enjoy working here.
Licensed CSR (Current Employee), OhioJune 23, 2015
Pros: Associating w/ other people
Cons: Low hours.
I open up the agency at 8 in the morning and work until noon. Would like more hours but my agent says she cannot afford to pay me full time. I have learned a lot of skills with dealing with people and just general knowledge about insurance. I have one co worker but her schedule is very sporadic. Hardest part of the job is staying busy during down time. Our office is in a small town and not much marketing to do. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with all of the families.
Property Care Center Representative
Property Care Center Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 22, 2015
* Answered incoming calls redirecting them to correct departments or adjusters
* Captured first notice of losses for new auto and property personal lines claims, also assisting with
customer's immediate needs
* Discussed coverages, settlements or denials with insureds, included written correspondence
* Investigated property claims, confirming coverage, issuing payments and/or denials
* A top customer service survey receiver with a score of 9.60 with a goal of 9.30
* Assisted in mentoring new employees
American Family Insurance
I/S Administration Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: travel
A great company to work for.

Duties for my last job included; closing American Family offices, moving staff at the American Family office due to job transfers or restructures, open new American Family offices, dispose of furniture.
good insurnce co
Damage Analyst (Former Employee), sussex wiJune 15, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: over worked
good benifits, hade good work schedule one week 4 days one week 5 dats. good pension, inside work not much travel. good training, company was well respected
American Family
Licensed Agent Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Rogers, MNJune 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company, just not the agent that I worked for.

It was hard when the boss is never in the office.

The company had many areas of help if you needed it.
Did not care for the owners of the location I worked at.
LICENSED CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Brookville, INJune 10, 2015
Pros: learned alot about insurance
Cons: pay and company
I learned a lot about insurance for auto and home. I enjoyed working with people the customer service end of the job was by far my favorite. My co-worker and management was hard to deal with. The hardest part of my job was learning all the laws of insurance.
Interesting and learning experience as my first job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZJune 8, 2015
Working for American Family Insurance as my first job was a great experience. It had taught me a lot about insurance that I didn't know, and being somewhat of a new driver it provided some good insight. American Family Insurance gave me the foundation to develop the skills that I have today. I learned proper phone mannerism, customer service, and an array of other skills that are versatile in the workforce.
Good place to work and learn
Customer Service Senior Bilingual Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 3, 2015
Pros: gift cards for the great job
Taking calls in a daily basis, process claims and make payments. Refer our clients to our Certified Repair shop, contact field adjuster if payment was not done withing 2 days after the vehicle inspection.
Review policies that were not renewed or revoke in the 19 states that American Family covered to confirm if there was coverage or not. The Summer time that was the busiest one, due to flooding, hail, fires, I always volunteer to stay longer and be paid OT due to the Cathastrophes.

Member of the Recreational Committee, responsible to look for fun things or places to go for the employees, one event per quarter, we had a budget of $15,000 a year.

I was in the Bilingual Team Unit and we were a family who care and helped as a team if there was some questions or how to address a case. The hardest part was when I could not pay to the customer the same day the claim was filed, but try to work it as soon as possible. We had a nice environment, as I said before we were like a family, had potlucks almost every month to celebrate Bdays and holiday.
Sales (Former Employee), Evans, CoJune 3, 2015
Provided customers with best quotes for homeowner, renters, auto, and commercial. The most enjoyable part of insurance is the point of sale, you want to make sure quotes provided are in customers best interest.
unrealistic expectations
Casualty Claim Adjuster (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 1, 2015
Pros: co workers are nice
Cons: unrealistic expectations
Nice people, unrealistic expectations
over worked
no work /life balance-
call center is easy but very strict on schedules. cant be late or dock you by the minute
casualty has unrealistic expectations
Fun place to work
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAMay 26, 2015
Love working for a bigger corporation. Created a position for me at this company to handle the fraud claims. Hardest part of the job was trying to get it all done in one day.
Bad communication
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 18, 2015
Things went downhill pretty quickly after working at American Family for some time. If you can enjoy being tied to your desk in a corporate environment then this job is for you.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve – Read more

American Family Insurance Salaries