American Family Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJanuary 25, 2016
Great place to work, love the people who work there. everyone is very helpful with questions and getting you to the right place and getting the job done.
This is an ok insurance employer
Insurance Office Manager (Licensed Agent) (Former Employee) –  wichita, ksJanuary 24, 2016
I has come from an agency that was not a direct writer, so it was a bit jarring to be with a direct writer. The agent that I worked for was NOT a good insurance aent. He was unethical and broke the law multiple times. I was glad to leave, I liked the company, not the ager.
Dress for your day code with excellent management and culture
Life Operations Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 22, 2016
Working at my desk on a daily basis, assisting the Quality Assurance Unit and attending managerial meetings allowed for good communication flows and unique experiences.
Family Friendly
P&C Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 19, 2016
Family friendly co. Flexible schedules and great training. Sales training top notch. Cold calls hardest part, and best protecting dreams.
Very quiet environment, fun people to work with, and friendly people to learn from.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2016
coming to work, getting on a computer, and making outbound calls to different recipients and giving them quotes to be able to save some money on their insurance.
Pros
Very Quiet Enviornment, Nice people to work with, and great pay.
Cons
only a few hours a day.
Office management skills enhanced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHJanuary 16, 2016
Responsibilities included database management, customer service, office management to include - but not limited to - opening/closing office daily, phone/inquiry management, case review with recommendations. I enjoyed learning office systems and making recommendations to enhance operational performance and increase the bottom line!
Great Place to work
Sales specialist for Life, Health, Auto and Home (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAJanuary 15, 2016
I love working here but I wish there was more training. Sales can be hard to get without marketing. So you have to know what you doing to get the business.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Not much training
Fun work place
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2016
My days consisted of quoting potential clients. Servicing company insured. I learned to be patient with everyone you deal with. Whether it be other agents, co-workers or insureds. The hardest part I've learned that you can't control company increases and letting the clients know was difficult at times because you got blamed for it.

I have to say that this was an excellent learning experience and my most enjoyable part was working with people and being able to educate them on how insurance works.
Pros
working with great staff
Cons
short breaks, and no benefits
American Family
CSR/Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 13, 2016
Process drop box payments, review ANS reports, make payment reminder / collection calls to customers, greet customers and process counter payments via check, cash or credit card. Processed daily marketing material, answered phones, directed calls, took information for insurance quotes. Entered customer information in to database. Maintained customer data files. Scanned documents into system, faxed when necessary and all other general administrative duties. The managing agent was the only co-worker and he was wonderful. He's a great person, really cares about his business and his customers, who always came first. The hardest part of the job was sales. I'm not the sales person type and was never comfortable with that part. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers and creating that personal connection with them. You knew their name and they knew yours and I was always able to greet them with a genuine conversation.
Great and productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2016
Great productivity and socialization. My co-workers were amazing and great team players. I learned how to be a great CSR and how to communicate with clients. I loved helping our customers and making their day easier.
Fast paced friendly office
Licensed Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJanuary 2, 2016
Started with office with no experience, ability to learn quickly and "on the fly" was essential. Ability to learn new systems on own and in person was very helpful. Increasing knowledge of industry is a must!
Co-workers were fun and up-beat, ability to be productive while still keeping a fun and happy office demeanor. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were unsure of their insurance coverage who did not trust our suggestions or thought they knew better.
The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with our customers, feeling like we really got to know each of them personally and being able to better protect them.
Pros
Friendly neighborhood office
Cons
No healthcare, LONG meetings
Great Company
office manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 30, 2015
A typical day st work at American Family Insurance:

leadership
team management
great co-workers willing to work as a team
The most enjoyable part of the job was its flexibleness
Hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customer who wasn't too often.
I learned that the work environment can teach you many things about self as well as provide real life experiences which enable one to grow in other areas outside of the work place.
Claims Support (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 30, 2015
Great place to work, I love the working enviornment , management is very supportive and proper training is given before you start the work.
fun place
Casualty Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 23, 2015
American Family Insurance is very fun place to work at. they have very flexible hours, so it's easy to manage work and personal life. management are always there to help employee to grow with company.
Great co-workers but no advancement opportunity
Licensed Agency Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 14, 2015
Job security is a concern because of decreased business. We currently have too many employees and not enough work to go around.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No health benefits
Great company
Claims Representative II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2015
They care about employees. Strive to be the best. New systems coming soon. Hopefully to streamline processes. Lots of opportunity for advancement and movement.
Benefits
Cons
Work load
Fortune 500 Company with a lot to offer
Operations Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 22, 2015
While working for American Family Insurance I gained knowledge within the industry and applied these skills to my everyday life. The staff and management showed compassion towards my work goals and my personal life and family. I enjoyed the everyday challenges of various tasks, departmental goals, policy changes, and client needs that continuously showed my success and eagerness to do my best.
Pros
Benefits, incentives, competitive wage, management
Cons
downsizing, budget cuts
Flexible
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATTIVE (Former Employee) –  Mound City, MONovember 20, 2015
Easy going office environment. Manager is flexible with hours for the most part. Good support staff. This is not a high traffic area so you are not overwhelmed or overly busy at any given time. Obtaining your license is a must and allows you the opportunity for commissions.
Laid back, conservative midwest insurer
Insurance Agent / Producer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 16, 2015
American Family is a laid-back, conservative midwest insurer. They are not reactionary or hyper ambitious, which reflects their nature as a mutual insurer. They hire great people. Their growth plans are safe and well thought out.
Pros
Pace, demeanor
Cons
Compensation average
Excellent training with unlimited opportunity
Agent in Training (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 13, 2015
Incredible training program that leads you through the ins and outs of the insurance industry.
Takes you from novice to professional.
Those willing to put in the time will be able to make a very handsome wage and build many skills useful across the business spectrum.
Pros
unlimited earning potential
Cons
No benefits for agents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Family Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.