American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 7, 2015
A great environment for those who are eager to work. Benefits are great. A typical day at work is spent in meetings. Management is ok. Coworkers ok. Decent amount of red tape and politics but this is expected of a big company. Personal growth is up to the employee and how far personal ethics/integrity will allow/prevent growth and development.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Advancement slow
Nice environment but not always properly managed.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here for the most part but felt that the way things were ran could have most certainly been improved upon. Overall tho it was a pleasant experience up until the last few months.
Multiple occasions where paycheck was not reflected correctly
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WANovember 23, 2016
Simply, not a good place to work if you would like to be valued within a company. It is difficult to receive unbiased feedback and there is no room for growth.
enjoy learning new skilll
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, ILJuly 28, 2016
I enjoy coming to work in the morning and working with my clients, management was under a lot of pressure but I enjoy working with them, I didn't find anything to hard about the job, My most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help clients in their times of needs,
Productive and friendly work enviornment
Missouri - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOSeptember 16, 2016
You never feel like today was the same day as yesterday. On a daily basis I learn about how much the people care for you there and how much they are willing to get to know you. The agent is one of the best managers, she always takes her word very seriously but is very sweet and caring.
Very freindly work enviroment
Personal Lines Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 18, 2016
Employees are very helpful and friendly, and most of management is also. The workflow is high. There is a lot of interdepartmental work, but the varying departments do not work together or communicate well.
Great co-workers but no advancement opportunity
Licensed Agency Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 14, 2015
Job security is a concern because of decreased business. We currently have too many employees and not enough work to go around.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No health benefits
Positive work environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Fast paced environment with opportunities of growth. Engaging staff that provide a clean, safe, and respectable work space. This also company improved my customer service skills.
Pros
Improved skill base
Cons
seasonal
Great company
Claims Representative II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2015
They care about employees. Strive to be the best. New systems coming soon. Hopefully to streamline processes. Lots of opportunity for advancement and movement.
Benefits
Cons
Work load
Employment Opportunity
Operations Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 9, 2016
I learned a lot about property insurance and very proficient in working with others in a professional atmosphere. I enjoyed having my own desk and working independently at high productive rate.
A typical day at work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of answering inbound calls and assisting the customer to the best of our ability; if the situation was unable to be managed there were always other avenues.
Laid back, conservative midwest insurer
Insurance Agent / Producer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 16, 2015
American Family is a laid-back, conservative midwest insurer. They are not reactionary or hyper ambitious, which reflects their nature as a mutual insurer. They hire great people. Their growth plans are safe and well thought out.
Pros
Pace, demeanor
Cons
Compensation average
Excellent training with unlimited opportunity
Agent in Training (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 13, 2015
Incredible training program that leads you through the ins and outs of the insurance industry.
Takes you from novice to professional.
Those willing to put in the time will be able to make a very handsome wage and build many skills useful across the business spectrum.
Pros
unlimited earning potential
Cons
No benefits for agents
Great Agency
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 10, 2016
The specific Agent I worked for was amazing! I would mention his name if I could! Honest services from a guy who honestly cares and isn't trying to get you to buy anything you don't need or could benefit from.
Busy work, great structure
File Clerk/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 4, 2015
I enjoyed working for this insurance agency. The dynamics and structure created a great work environment and made me feel like I was accomplishing something useful. We always found a way to make even the angriest customers happy, which motivated me throughout each day. I learn a lot about professional socialization and customer service. This was extremely beneficial as I continued my career into mechanical engineering.
Pros
Great structure, Happy work environment.
Cons
Not many benefits.
Poor training systems and lots of driving
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 14, 2016
Territory doubled in size just after hire average drive was 2 1/2 to 3 hours one way. Co workers were great. Lots of over night travel to fill claim quota.
Summary Pt 2.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAJanuary 16, 2017
Still a pretty good place to work. Although advancing in the company is difficult. The manager is still a great guy too, really helpful when it comes to learning the job.
productive, laid back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MONovember 10, 2016
loved being able to do the work on my own instead of always having a supervisor there. Boss was very accommodating with the schedule. Learned more about auto and home insurance
Great place to work!
Claim Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 9, 2016
American Family Insurance has great people, great training classes. They promote from within. The CEO and other Management people stop and talks with everyone they see and encourages the employees. American Family has a good benefit program with lots of time off. Again, this is a great company!
Pros
A good, open atmosphere. People encouraged to give their opinions
Cons
Can't think of any
Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandwich, ILNovember 30, 2016
The hours that I work are very flexible to my schedule. And my co workers are great. I have learned lots and met many new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Family Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

American Family Insurance Reviews by Location